TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Power outages reported in Northeast

Maybe. Power went out here (I'm 30 miles north of Detroit) for only a few minutes. I was watching Pulp Fiction at the time with my bro. Felt weird as hell since there's a clear sky around.

New York, Toronto, Ottawa, Syracuse, Detroit, Cleveland, Hartford, and Albany are all out. Very strange. The Port Authority is being effected too. Are a bunch of locations linked to one or two central power areas? It's kinda kooky.

"scientific progress goes 'boink' "

How many days have these power systems worked? Thousands. Eventually they have to fuck up ...

Still sucks, but I don't THINK it's terrorism, or if it is, not the explosive type.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

The news here in England has reported that a power station in New York is on fire and the people that run your (as in, the US) country are saying it is not related to terrorism.

Though I find it both worrying and funny that so many of your cities have been affected by one power station.

They're now saying that this is a "natural occurence" and it isn't terrorism related.

I think the more important point, though, is that we do need to put people on these power stations and secure them; I remember reading a while back that they're very vulnerable. If this is what happens when something small goes wrong, imagine what would happen if it was destroyed.

Guest Eagan469

OH SHIT - it was the Niagara power grid they're saying on CNN

that's like the whole northeast, but I'm 40 mins. from there and I'm fine here

weird

They say it isn't terrorism, but now the terrorists know that if you knock out one major power station in the northeast, you can blackout the whole region.

Hmm.

Well no shit. Hell, wasn't it a Nuclear Powerplant in Pennsylvania the target of the plane that went down on 9-11? Powerplants have always been a target. But you think after this that we are going to just say "Oh well, back to our daily lives..."? No, they'll up security, improve and reinforce the power grid, and other things now. Thankfully this happened by accident before the terrorists could use this against us.

Guest Eagan469

Niagara Mohawk serves both the Northeastern US and Southern Ontario

This is crazy - they're saying people are stuck on elevators all over

AND LOOK AT THE PEOPLE ON THE STREETS IN NEW YORK!

This is just insane.