TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EMAXSAUN

My Blackout Story

So today im leaving work, and i just get out of the elevator and all the lights are out. I walk out into the street and I see thick black smoke pouring out of a reactor by where i work. I don't know the extent of it, people think that just this reactor caught on fire. I try to get a cab, but to no avail. I see if the subway's running, but nope, they are all shut down. The busses are crammed like bags of marshmellows. I have wasted a half an hour trying to get on a cab or a bus, and it is now 4:30, so I figure, fuck it, I NEED to get home. I walk. I work on 14th street on the east side, I live on 89th street on the west side. I had to walk 75 blocks to get home. I got home at 8. The only reason I can type this is because I am on a laptop, because there is still no power. It's hot, im tired and a have a fucking wedgie rash now because I had to walk for such a long time in this heat. Fuck you blackout!

I'm telling you man. You need to grasp this opportunity to smoke in a restuarant with impunity.

Do it for me.

Guest Choken One

Ummm...Dude I'd steal like Jewerly and shit...

Blackout=Riots.

Shocked I haven't heard of Riots yet...

Guest Eagan469
Shocked I haven't heard of Riots yet...

That's because the New York news services are down for the most part.

Looting is happening, mark my word.

Guest Choken One

well yea but can't those CNN and MSNBCs be able to tell...

Hey..look people are stealing tvs...

eh not really, i heard some stuff for a sec but nothing else, while i was walking uptown people were actually helping each other out and stuff, there was very little looting going on.

My story:

I was sitting at my computer, and the power went out. I sat around for a while, ate, went outside, talked with neighbours, and looked at the stars. Then, the power came back on and I went inside and watched TV coverage of the blackout.

What a harrowing 6 hours.

Guest Eagan469

My cable just came on after being down for 2 hours.

In times of crisis, Dreamcast is your friend.

I was in the bathroom on the bowl and my power went out, after leaving the bathroom I got up and walked around my house until I had to go to football mini camp where I actually picked off the opposing teams QB and after that I went home and I could see the power was obviously still off when I was pulling up and of course it was so I sat around, took a shower in the dark and then went out for dinner and as we where driving we noticed a traffic light came on and when we got home a while later the power was on and I was able to get on the Internet and watch TV again but those where some scary hours their because you did not know when it was going to come on!!!

Thanks.

Guest Fook

The power went out over hear at 4:15.

I woke up at 5:00.

The power only came back about half an hour ago.

I had to spend almost 14 hours with no power. During the whole night. With no flashlight (I had candles, but they sucked). And I missed Smackdown!

It was like the friggin stone age. Never again, friends. Never again.

Cry me a river...the low gas light went on in my car on the way home, and, of course, there were no gas stations nearby that had power. I ended up running out of gas on the way to the only town in the area that had power. Thank God for the two good Samaritans that drove me to the gas station, then back to my car.