TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheGame2705

Let me join the masses

Guest cobainwasmurdered
why isn't TNA worth 10 bucks?

Easily- TNA delivers screwjob finishes after screwjob finishes after screwjob finishes. TNA botched it's biggest match of all time. TNA shows usually suck the big one as very randomnly do you get a great match. TNA has poor booking. In TNA you have angles dropped without explanation.

In WWE- the TV (especially Smackdown!) is usually pretty decent. And it's free. With WWE TV- you get more bang for your buck- with TNA- you don't.

You can change TNA to WWE and very few people would notice the difference Bob.

You're right-

TNA claims to be the alternative yet makes many of the same mistakes.

There are people I really enjoy seeing in TNA like WWE but it's not worth $10 every week

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I'd rather see Raven, AJ Styles, and D-lo Brown then anyone on Raw other than Flair and Jericho.

TNA does more with it's limited roster then the WWE does with what is perhaps the most talented roster ever.

Flair is no reason to watch WWE anymore. He has gone right back to HHH's yes man, and I never want to see him in the ring again. His bumping whatsoever days are gone, and I can't tolerate another match with 23 overhead tosses. It's pathetic. I like Ric in an authority figure role where he can interact with all characters. I'm not for those type of characters on any show anymore, but if anyone can do it, Ric can and well. He is really hurting the show with his extended ring time nowadays, IMO.

The thing about Flair is he used to be so fast. I look back at his matches with Steamboat and he was flying around that ring sometimes. Especially after the "Flair Flip" he would take off for that other turnbuckle pretty fast.

It's sad to see how he moves now.

Guest MissMattitude
I'd rather see Raven, AJ Styles, and D-lo Brown then anyone on Raw other than Flair and Jericho.

TNA does more with it's limited roster then the WWE does with what is perhaps the most talented roster ever.

So would I.

I've never actually seen TNA though, I'm looking forward to seeing some of it.

I don't care if TNA has a limited roster (They don't)- they're still charging fans $10 a week to watch their product.

Raven sucks. He can work a garbage match and cut his forehead but that's it. I'm enjoying the New Church v. Gathering feud because of the booking and Raven being selfless- He still isn't good in the ring.

I like AJ too but TNA is making him look like a chickenshit champion so it's hard to get into him right now.

D-Lo hasn't impressed me. He can take big bumps but that's it. I didn't really enjoy the D-Lo v. AJ series.

Guest The Old Me

I hear Indy Bookings are taking quite a upturn in money these days, as a few interviews I've read have stated that people are making more in TNA and Indy's.

Guest MissMattitude
An intelligent conversation about TNA vs. WWE?

Take it to WWE people. Theres no place for this in NHB...

Yeah, we'd much rather intelligently speak of music right?

Speaking of... *looks at sig*

I hear Indy Bookings are taking quite a upturn in money these days, as a few interviews I've read have stated that people are making more in TNA and Indy's.

Raven says he is and I can kinda believe that. He's a pretty big name who I think people would pay to see.

D-Lo was making a lot of money in WWE so I don't believe he's making more on the indy scene.

AJ is making more on the indies then he would've had he signed with WWF/E

Guest MissMattitude
The suicide twins rock.

I may well have to change my sig...

I prefer to call them the Glamour Twins. It's my favourite picture of the two (I also like the one with them lying on the gold sheet where Richey has AIDS carved into his chest backwards)

You're the only person on here that appreciates anything Manic.

The suicide twins rock.

I prefer to call them the Glamour Twins. It's my favourite picture of the two (I also like the one with them lying on the gold sheet where Richey has AIDS carved into his chest backwards)

00109.jpg

Guest MissMattitude
The suicide twins rock.

00109.jpg

I can't see it because I am at work but if it's the one I described... I was going to have it as my sig (because I couldn't get this one to work at first) but it was fucking huge so I decided not to.

I will be able to see it when I get home at about 5.30.

Guest MissMattitude

Yeah that's the picture I was talking about.

HIV not Aids *doh*

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I don't care if TNA has a limited roster (They don't)- they're still charging fans $10 a week to watch their product.

Raven sucks. He can work a garbage match and cut his forehead but that's it. I'm enjoying the New Church v. Gathering feud because of the booking and Raven being selfless- He still isn't good in the ring.

I like AJ too but TNA is making him look like a chickenshit champion so it's hard to get into him right now.

D-Lo hasn't impressed me. He can take big bumps but that's it. I didn't really enjoy the D-Lo v. AJ series.

In comparison to the WWE they have a much more limited roster. You said yourself Bob that you never know which of the NWATNA guys are going to be there.

I have to disagree with you about Raven, I think that while he certainly isn't a great wrestler anymore he knows how to put together a match that flows well and keeps the crowd into it. During the InVasioN agnle he wrestled Rhyno at a PPV and that was a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

The fact that he only wrestles garbage style matches is because he has been typecast into that role by his time in WcW and the WWE, he is still capable I believe of wrestling other styles.

He also is a tremendously charismatic man and he has alot of skill on the mic.

In comparison to the WWE they have a much more limited roster. You said yourself Bob that you never know which of the NWATNA guys are going to be there.

For the most part (when Japan allows) they can get anyone they want.

I think that while he certainly isn't a great wrestler anymore he knows how to put together a match that flows well and keeps the crowd into it.

Raven is good at working a crowd- I'll give him his props. His matches aren't very good or interesting to watch- You just wonder when Raven is gonna gig and do his moves.

During the InVasioN agnle he wrestled Rhyno at a PPV and that was a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

That was before the Invasion (as APO stated). The match is overrated though and wasn't all Raven. Raven had a smoke and mirrors match with Jarrett and works really well in tag matches- He just needs matches that don't expose him.

The fact that he only wrestles garbage style matches is because he has been typecast into that role by his time in WcW and the WWE, he is still capable I believe of wrestling other styles.

He isn't though- If Raven wanted to work regular matches- I think he would. Even in Ring of Honor he's only been in one 'straight' match and that was a poor tag matcj.

He also is a tremendously charismatic man and he has alot of skill on the mic.

Raven can get a crowd bhind him but I never have enjoyd his promos. He's too condescending and sounds like he's talking down to the audience.

I'm with you on his promo's for the most part.

It takes a REALLY strong Raven promo for me to like what he does on the stick.

But this past week we saw the benefit that Raven does bring to TNA. He made a match with Shane Douglas (who is a million times worse than Raven) entertaining because he was so over.

Actually Douglas worked the crowd well too...but still.

This is what I think about Raven:

He's real good at laying out a match...but he couldn't carry anyone if his life depended on it.