TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

Converting streaming audio into mp3?

Theres a song on pickthehits.com that i want to convert into mp3. It's streaming audio using Windows Media Player. I'd like to get it before they take it off...

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

Some Soundblaster cards like SBLive! have a program called "Creative Recorder" that has an option to record "what you hear."

Ive tried to do this before, but ive never been able to do it. You can get programs that allow you to record "what you hear" like zzzz said, but Ive only ever been able to capture it to .wav files.

I think everyone that uses MP3's should have a copy of Cool Edit pro. It will convert just about anything to anything. Nothing I've found dosn't work. I'm sure you could find a version on your fav. sharing network if you looked hard enough

River Past Audio Capture.

Captures ANYTHING in WAV, WMA or MP3.

The highest sound quality is only 56 kbps, though (but somehow still crystal-clear).

The highest sound quality is only 56 kbps, though (but somehow still crystal-clear).

I tried using River Past Audio but whenever i finished recording and played it back in WinAmp, there'd be no sound. Do you have any idea what the problem may be?

I tried using River Past Audio but whenever i finished recording and played it back in WinAmp, there'd be no sound. Do you have any idea what the problem may be?

Choose "Stereo Mix" as your Connector.

That will solve the problem.

EDIT: (responding to post below) No problem, C.

Edited by bravesfan