TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin MacPhisto

SWF Lockdown card!

Live from VENUE WHEN IT'S NOT 4 IN THE MORNING HOO DIDDLY.

SWF Lockdown for Wednesday, August 20th!

Due time: 8PM EST

Send to: Grand Slam!

Your commentators remain Bobby Riley and Cyclooooooooooone Comet!

Venue: The King-Dome, in Fargo, North Dakota! The Suicide King's personal arena is the venue for the tournament kick-off! King's ego will be in high gear for sure. Check, uh, this here link for some more Kingdome info.

The road to Genesis begins here. Check out Storm for King's word on the matter. Get set for a 24-man, double elimination tournament. The winner takes on the SWF World Heavyweight Champion in the Genesis IV main event. We've trimmed some of the problems that plagued 2001's tournament and amped up the opportunities that made it great, so get ready. Tonight is the first round--12 matches. All parameters are the same:

Word Limit: 5000

Standard singles rules, with DQs and count-outs in effect.

The JLers listed have not been bumped. This is a special opportunity for these guys to make their careers. If you do well in the tourney, we'll obviously take note. And if you make it to the end...well, then hats off to you. Everyone involved is encouraged to keep up angles and plan for Genesis accordingly. Remember, only one of you is going to be in the world title match at the PPV, which means that the rest should certainly keep your programs and character developments going. Now might be a good time to rock a board promo or two and really set things out. In any case, after this show and Smarkdown, people will be eliminated, tourney matches will be emptying, and the regular match schedule will be interspersed with the tourney. This opportunity is great, so go for it. Just have a backup plan!

As for the tourney format: Winners fly into the winner's bracket, and losers drop down into the loser's bracket with one last shot to keep hope alive. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now: the opening round of the SWF Genesis IV Title Tournament.

(I'll add descriptions in the morning. Many of these are random pairings, but you guys deserve a little setup.)

Michael Craven

vs.

???

--Coming off a close gambit at the ICTV title, Michael Craven opens the tournament. Irate at coming so close to the title, he issued a special first-round challenge to whoever thinks he can take on the King of Nightmares. The call has been answered, but we don't know yet who's stepped up...

Marker: Edwin MacPhisto

"The Sacred One" Andrew Blackwell

vs.

Xcalibur

--Blackwell, a former world champ, has got to be a favorite heading into this tournament. But Xcalibur himself pulled a win over Quiz on Storm. A hot match-up between two master manipulators, for sure...

Nathaniel Kibagami

vs.

English Dragon

--Nathaniel Kibagami is here, and Nathaniel Kibagami is very angry. English Dragon, the JL's resident bluebood Brit, has got one hell of a test ahead of him...

Jay Dawg

vs.

"The Sinner" John Duran

--JAY DAWG IS HARDCORE...and back. JOHN DURAN...is new! But he's 2-0 in the SWF. Can he take his winning streak to 3 with a victory over the old-school SWF mainstay, or will Jay Dawg be main eventing Genesis two years in a row (god help us)?

Marker: Grand Slam

Crow

vs.

Apostle

--One's dark, brooding, and a bit crazy. The other is dark, brooding, and a bit crazy. My money's on the dark brooding crazy guy.

Quiz

vs.

Mak Francis

--Mak's proving to be a dominant ICTV champion, but here's a man who's got the rare match over on The Franchise. Quiz snatched the tag titles at Ground Zero, and this half of an II/DJ rematch should be smokin'.

Danny Williams

vs.

Viktor Tarankov

--The Red Rage, JL champion, is in the house...the house of Danny Williams. Watch those elbows, Vik. I hear they're a doozy.

Marker: chirs3

Dante Crane

vs.

Stryke

--Markus Cirillo's running mate comes up against another Aussie. Unfortunately, we're going to have to the loosen the anti-AU glass ceiling a bit and let one of them through...

Dace Night

vs.

Ejiro Fasaki

--Hey now, this should just be awesome. Random brackets work out great sometimes. JL history, tag history, and a little bit of blood. It's the High Priest of Horrorcore vs. the US Champion, and it should be darn skippy if you ask me.

CIA

vs.

Spike

--CIA's still masked, but Atlas is revealed. Shockingly enough, beneath the white face was Spike, former IGNWF champion and the man behind one of the biggest upsets in IGN/SWF history. A history lesson: he became champ when no one expected him to, defeating then-dominant champion Rane in one of the fed's first classic matches. Spike'd certainly like to hang an SWF belt next to his old IGNWF title...but that was then, and this is now. CIA's gonna do everything in his power to stop this blast from the past.

Marker: Suicide King

Show

vs.

Aecas

--Show is big and looks like Chevy Chase. Aecas is big and looks like motherfuckin' hell. It's hossariffic, and the ring's bound to shake when these two relative newcomers brawl it out.

And your MAIN EVENT, ending round one with a bang...

Judge Mental

vs.

Annie Eclectic

--Beezel shed "his" mask on Storm, revealing that he was, in fact, a she--the luminous Annie Eclectic. Under a man's masquerade, Annie was able to rise to the heights of ICTV champion. Can she become the first woman to carry the World Title? The spotlight is on for the Hardcore Queen's "official" return to the ring, but she squares off against Judge Mental, who pounded Sacred into pulp on Storm only to get faked-out at the last second and put down with the Cruel Fate. Can Judge get on the trail to the greatest singles title in the land, or will Ms. B show this old "friend" her true strength?

Edited by Edwin MacPhisto

Guest Space_Cowboy

Delicious.

And to eliminate my problem of leaving matches to the last minute and no-showing as a consequence, i'll have this match finished and sent in within 24 hours.

And (Y) at having 12 matches on a show.

Edited by Space_Cowboy

Rockin' pop stop....

uhhhhh...

....yeah.....

Yo dogg, that shit is phat to def man....it's gonna be off da chain up in dis beeatch, for real cuz....don't sleep....this show's gonna be blazin'.

Da "ahhhh, that's better" H

*cracks knuckles*

Awww, snap. Maybe we can finally blow off that feud we had, like, aeons ago, Judge! Ready? :-D

-Annie

Fuck yes. I can write this stuff, and I'll have some time to fucking do it as well. Let's get it on!

Could be worse, you could have Danny.

*Starts a funeral fund for Tara, he's gonna need it*

Yeah, I agree. I dunno what's up with this, but Vik and ED picked some really short straws here.

And the best part is that, since it's double elim, even if they get railed, they've got another chance to distinguish themselves. Step up! Get perforated! Enjoy your violation!

Edwin, may I suggest this be at the King-Dome? I wanna start writing this bitch like NOW, and I need a setting, man.

I second Judge's King-dome idea. We've never had a show there, and King built the damn thing with his own two hands! If that's not reason enough to have the show there, then I don't know what is.

Oh, and I know who ??? is. I've known for quite a while, actually. But who exactly is it? You'll just have to wait and see...

*insert obligatory Ash smiley here*

Guest Suicide King

Again, I would like to encourage everyone to wite, even if it is just a paragraph. With this many people, no-shows are bound to happen and you may advance in the tournament just by writing a sentence. But if you absolutely can't write, let your opponent know as soon as possible, please.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

*writes that he wins the commissionership off of King in the match after a finger poke of doom*

Guest Space_Cowboy

For the first time since the 28th of June, Stryke has shown up for a match! I'll probably lose anyway, but at least i managed to write something for once.

My apologies, but I have to no show. Too many other things I've had to do and now I ain't got the time. I really wanted to write this match too. :(

Guest Suicide King

Well Crow, as long as you told your opponent in advance and they show, I wish you luck in the losers' bracket. If you didn't, fear the oncoming rush of the holy bricks.

It's better that way, Rando. Nothing's less satisfying than reading a shitty no-show match. Besides, I find that after I write a short, quick win, I'm always out of practice for my next match.

Guest Goodear

Although technically you still have time to go through and edit out all of Crow's offense before making him cry submission to the atomic noogie.