TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Unforgiven 2003 Promo Poster

I saw it today in the new issue of WWE RAW magazine (with the Dudleyz on the cover).

44032pi.jpg

This is it except Kane's face is gray colored and in the middle of the picture surrounded by red drawing effects similar to fireworks trails I guess I can best put it and the exact words of "Face Your Fear" as seen on this very T-Shirt is beneath his face placed horizontally and is also in a different (and smaller) text font and color. Looks like Kane is beating Shane. :P

I like how people still think that the posters give some indication of what will happen at the PPV. They're MEANINGLESS. Goldberg vs. HHH is your Unforgiven main event, although I'm sure Kane will be on the card in some high-profile capacity.

I like how people still think that the posters give some indication of what will happen at the PPV. They're MEANINGLESS.

That's not true.

Triple H for Vengeance

Team Angle for Backlash

Armageddon for Undertaker

many more

Booker T for Judgment Day '03.

Goldberg for Bad Blood.

I like how people still think that the posters give some indication of what will happen at the PPV. They're MEANINGLESS.

That's not true.

I love how you just dismiss someone's opinion without justifying it.

Idiot.

The Unforgiven PPV poster doesn't look like that either, Australians are shown the poster before anyone else in our cable provider's magazine.

The Unforgiven poster has Kane's mask on the front with 'UNMASKED...UNHINGED' printed over it.

As previously stated and proven, this means jack shit anyway.

UYI

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

They are done months in advance, but its interesting that they maybe planned this push / programme for Kane months in advance.

They are done months in advance, but its interesting that they maybe planned this push / programme for Kane months in advance.

My feelings exactly, though June 23rd (Kane's unmasking) was still time enough to know the direction of where the writers were going with him long-term.

The Unforgiven PPV poster doesn't look like that either, Australians are shown the poster before anyone else in our cable provider's magazine.

The Unforgiven poster has Kane's mask on the front with 'UNMASKED...UNHINGED' printed over it.

Obviously, either it got changed or maybe because what I just typed earlier was the AMERICAN version, you ass!

Anyway, I was saying that's not true because you can't say its MEANINGLESS. Obviously, most of them mean SOMETHING. Of course, it doesn't exactly mean that person is going to win their matches, but that SOMETHING was in store for them at their PPV and if it turned out not to be so, maybe there was something that was going to happen ORIGINALLY.

For example, HHH was SUPPOSED to return at Vengeance 2001 and caused a no contest between Austin and Jericho which would set up the split originally. HHH ditched that for the MGS return. At least that's what Dangerous A said.

More examples:

SummerSlam last year - Rock on the cover = Basically meaned Rock won Vengeance (since I saw the promo before Vengeance even happened) and would mainevent SS.

Unforgiven last year - Basically meaned Brock was winning SS and would mainevent Unforgiven.

No Mercy last year - Kane on the cover = Kane maineventing RAW

Survivor Series - RVD on the cover = RVD in the main event

No Way Out - Scott Steiner on the cover = Scott Steiner maineventing RAW

Bad Blood - Goldberg / HHH = Original main event before it got changed.

As a side note: do we know if that match was actually ever going to take place?

I've been behind with WWE programming for a long time, and have only now just caught up. I was wondering if they were just teasing it for a later date, or if they had actually planned to have that match at SS.

I've been behind with WWE programming for a long time, and have only now just caught up. I was wondering if they were just teasing it for a later date, or if they had actually planned to have that match at SS.

Houston area cable providers featured a 30-second spot that said that that was the match. It even had clips of Goldberg talking shit about HHH.

Houston area cable providers featured a 30-second spot that said that that was the match. It even had clips of Goldberg talking shit about HHH.

Really. I always thought it was a tease for a later date. I never really believed that trips would drop the belt, but at the same time, I don't think they would want Goldberg to be jobbing to anyone at this point.

It would have been great to see, just for the sheer hell of seeing trips worm his way out of dropping the belt. Going over Steiner and Nash is one thing, but Goldberg is a whole new league when you consider the money they must have spent on signing him.

This is why I was so sure trips would drop the belt to Nash. Hence allowing Nash to lose it to Goldberg, and then HHH to win it back from Goldberg. Bill would have had his title reign and trips would come out the eventual top dog.

I dont know the general feeling here, but a HHH/Goldberg feud would be great TV IMO, if not for the actual matches but for the way each man protected themselves.

I hate both guys, but the commercial (which I do have a copy of on my computer :D ) was indeed badass.

Obviously, either it got changed or maybe because what I just typed earlier was the AMERICAN version, you ass!

Right, because WWE releases special posters ONLY AVAILABLE DOWN UNDER~!

Every poster that has been used in the States for a show has also been used to advertise the exact same show here in Australia.

You'll find that the sites that give out the posters first are Australian sites, namely www.mainevent.com.au, our PPV provider channel.

Rico, next time you want to make a point, would you please back it up with a fact. You just come off looking like an ass.

I saw it today in the new issue of WWE RAW magazine (with the Dudleyz on the cover).[/QUOTE]

I'm not calling you a liar, IYU, but I was just saying the American version of this year's Unforgiven promo poster has Kane's face with 'FACE YOUR FACE' printed beneath it.

Rico, next time you want to make a point, would you please back it up with a fact.  You just come off looking like an ass.

Hello and welcome to The Smart Marks.com

I should be used to it now, I know, I know.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I'm not calling you a liar, IYU, but I was just saying the American version of this year's Unforgiven promo poster has Kane's face with 'FACE YOUR FACE' printed beneath it.

Who the hell is IYU?

Guest Vitamin X

Who the hell is IYU?

I think it's the dyslexic version of UYI.

Oh, and when did he come back???

Guest Space_Cowboy

RVD's been on a number of PPV posters, and he usually ends up doing jack shit on them. Hell, Sable's on the Summerslam poster isn't she, and she doesn't have anything to do with the show. The WWE probably just picks a reasonably high-profile person and shoves them on the poster with little rhyme or reason.

Guest hosserific

i think unforgiven is always the worst PPV of the year, plus raw makes it just terrible

i think unforgiven is always the worst PPV of the year, plus raw makes it just terrible

To be honest, No Way Out has SUCKED for the last two years - years where Unforgiven has come up with -

--Austin v. Angle (****1/4)

--Benoit v. Angle (****1/2)

--Edge v. Eddie (****1/4)

--Y2J/RVD (****).