TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jimmy no nose

Michael Vick fractures fibula

I had to laugh when I saw this. But this is too bad. Lesse.. he'll miss what? 4 reg. season games at most?

Don't count out the Falcons.

or the Cowboys ::ducks::

Guest Salacious Crumb

Well this should make the rest of his career interesting.

It was only a matter of time until he suffered a severe leg injury with his style of play. Hopefully he wisens up after this and becomes a pocket passer instead of pretending to be one.

Who said not to pick Vick in round one of your fantasy drafts?

I did, bitches!

You shouldn't be picking ANY quarterback in the first round. There is too much depth and in most leagues you only have to start 1.

I did, bitches!

You shouldn't be picking ANY quarterback in the first round. There is too much depth and in most leagues you only have to start 1.

If you're in a big league you might have to if you have a late pick in the first round to make sure all the good ones arent gone by your next pick. Vick isnt a good QB to take in that situation though. I got him in I think the third or fourth round last year and he'd only put up between 15 and 20 points a week while most guys would be putting up well into the 20s and sometimes even in the 30s.

Guest El Satanico

A sever leg injury? He'll only be out for 6 weeks...it's clearly not a sever injury.

When he got hurt he was scrambing because he had defensive pressure. So it's not really a "see look if he knew how to be a pocket passer this wouldn't happen" situation.

Besides he was already saying he wants to become a pass first/run if needed QB before the injury.

Guest El Satanico

I did, bitches!

If you're in a big league you might have to if you have a late pick in the first round to make sure all the good ones arent gone by your next pick. Vick isnt a good QB to take in that situation though. I got him in I think the third or fourth round last year and he'd only put up between 15 and 20 points a week while most guys would be putting up well into the 20s and sometimes even in the 30s.

If you're in a league where all the good QBs are gone before round 3, you're in a league of FOOLS.

Superbowl Champion Doug Williams was not a scrambling QB, was he?

If Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens go in the 1st round why can't Vick?

I shall morn this injury by depending on the defense to keep me in the game now.

Guest El Satanico

We won't even address those who draft a WR in the first round. I'd draft the top TE in the first round before I'd draft a WR.

I'm thinking if I cannot get a great RB in the 1st round who can get at least 12 TDs I'm going for a running QB.

Doug Johnson is a good backup but he is a traditional pocket QB and the offensive will be different than the scrambling style of Vick. If Johnson does well in the 4 games he will start he could get be the next Tommy Maddox.

Because people are so focused on what his loss will mean to the Falcons, they're forgetting something even MORE important: what this means to the Springfield Isotopes (my fantasy football team). My back-up was Kerry Collins, so now, my STARTER is Kerry Collins.

Vick can't get healthy quick enough to make me happy.

Guest Vitamin X
But interestingly enough, most scrambling QBs are black from Cunningham to Vick...

And Fran Tarkenten, and Steve Young and Archie Manning...

It doesn't get blacker than Archie Manning!

atlanta will still make the playoffs. they have one of the best defenses in the nfl, an really good offensive line, one of the best running back tandems and an improving recieving corp. i am going to go out on a limb and say they will win the nfc south division.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Please. The Bucs are going to eat that division for lunch.

Guest El Satanico

Even with Vick, The Falcons are not as good as that poster said.

Keith Brooking is their best player on defense and one of the best LBs in the league(despite what Bryan Cox thinks), but other than him their defense isn't that good. Their offense line is nothing special. Unless Duckett breaks out after struggling last year, their running backs will be exposed as mediocre by the lack of Vick. Their WRs should be improved, but Peerless Price may suffer with growing pains as he moves from #2 WR to #1.

They may be able to limp into the playoffs with Vick missing games, but it won't be because they are loaded with talent.

Edited by El Satanico

Guest undisputedjericho

This affected me and my friends' fantasy draft today, as I was figuring that no matter who got pick one that it would be Vick. I took Favre in round one (3rd overall), and Vick wasn't taken until round 7 or 8 as a backup (By me, of course)

If Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens go in the 1st round why can't Vick?

Because these three guys are clearly above the number four WR (whoever that may be). Even so, Moss isn't a first rounder either. The first eight picks in no particular order should be LT, Williams, Portis, Deuce, Henry, Holmes, Faulk & Alexander. Harrison should be the 9th pick, and after that you need to use more thought in who you choose.

The difference between Donovan McNabb and a 6th-7th round QB like Jeff Garcia or Brett Favre isn't that great. Would you rather have Harrison & Favre or McNabb & James Thrash? That's why you don't draft QBs early. Many leagues require you to start 3 WRs as well versus 1 QB so they become more valuable.

I took Favre in round one (3rd overall), and Vick wasn't taken until round 7 or 8 as a backup (By me, of course) . 
Favre in round 1 is insane. He isn't even the 3rd best fantasy QB let alone player. In some drafts I have seen him drop to Round 9 (which is too low, but an indication that you can get him late). Unless you were playing with idiots, you could have drafted a stud RB and still get Favre later. Also, where passing TDs = rushing/receiving TDs it only changes the order of the QBs (ex. Culpepper's value plummets) but it doesn't change when you draft the position. You draft for scarcity, not for the number of points they put up. Otherwise you would be drafting kickers in the first round. Edited by Kahran Ramsus

I have to agree on Brett Favre in 1st round is unusual, if not crazy. If I would pick QBs in the 1st round it would be either a running QB or the QB with the best TD/INT ratio. Well not being in the top 5 of the draft, I would consider RBs than QB then WR and try to convince myself what kind of fantasy stud to pick. It all comes down to personal preference.

Michael Vick, which would of been my #1 pick but the injury now has me reconsidering which direction to go. Should I go with the fantasy public thought of always getting a RB or go crazy and pick someone like Shockey............oh wait he is injuried also.......DAMN.

Guest Choken One
Can ESPN and ABC switch up their games now or are they stuck with a Vick-less Falcons team in their schedule?

Well...Vick doesn't play ABC until Week 8...so he might actually be making his return for that game...which means BIGGER ratings for ABC.

I got Drew Bledsoe in the 4th round (Pick #61 overall) in one league I was in. Theres no reason to pick a QB rounds 1-3 when there is no depth at RB in most leagues. Take a RB in the first round, WR or RB in the 2nd and a WR in the 3rd round, and then go after a QB since there should still be some good QBs available (if you feel like gambling, Kurt Warner is going deep in drafts and Matt Hasselbeck, who everyone is raving about, lasted til the 6th round in the same league Im in).

Guest Choken One

I just grabbed a Solid QB in the 5th who doesn't make much mistakes...Gannon.

Can ESPN and ABC switch up their games now or are they stuck with a Vick-less Falcons team in their schedule?

Well...Vick doesn't play ABC until Week 8...so he might actually be making his return for that game...which means BIGGER ratings for ABC.

Its a CONSPIRACY~! :D

Guest Choken One

Yeah...Atlanta compromised the season for instead of 16.7 rating they could get a 19.2 rating...

It actually has merit.