TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HBK16

The "HBK16 gets arrested" Thread

Guest HBK16

Alright heres the story. I will risk major flamage from this but I think this has to be told and I am going to fight this in court because I know I am right.

Im traveling on the freeway going 73. The speed limit is 65. I passed through several police officers at that speed and no one seemed to care. About 5 miles up the road the freeway gets closer to a city so the speed limit is lowered to 55. But I am still 5 miles away. I start to notice this cop start to follow me. I change lanes and he changes after me. I lowered my speed to 70 even though my speed was just fine. About 3/4 mile from the speed limit change he turns on his lights. So I procede to pull over and actually stop before the speed limit change. I will turn this into a little dialogue .

Cop: Do you realize why I pulled you over

Me: No sir.

Cop: You were speeding. I clocked you in at 75.

Me: Sir the speed limit is 65. I was going with the flow of traffic.

Cop: No the speed limit is 55 here now.

Me: I saw the sign and the limit is 65. I was not speeding

Cop: You should take notice and lower your speed before you come to the end of the line. In my book and in most books of the police around here you were speeding.

Me: Sir, I go by what the sign tells me. There is a sign half a mile up the road that tells you to lower your speed and thats when I will do so.

Cop: What if its too late? Can I see your license and registration.

(The he calls me by name without even looking at my license)

Me: Have you pulled me over before?

Cop: I do believe so.

The cop goes to his patrol car and does his business. He comes back.

Cop: I am going to cite you for speeding....

(I interrupt him)

Me: Are you serious?!

Cop: You were speeding. Legally I can cite you for going 66 in a 65MPH zone.

Me: I was going with the flow of traffic and was not speeding at the time. You cannot cite me for going 75 in a 55MPH zone when I am not even in the 55 MPH zone. I was and still am in the 65 zone.

Cop: Please do not argue with me. I am the respected authority and I am doing what I believe is right here.

Me: Well what your doing is wrong

Cop: Can you please step out of the car.

(I step out quietly)

Cop: I hate stopping the same person more than once. And what I hate more is when that person gives me an attitude.

Well from there I argue with him a little bit more. He put me in handcuffs for whatever reason he thought was right. My Escalade ended up being towed. I went to the station and was put in a cell with a smelly homeless guy who was caught sniffing paint. My parents got me out 6 hours after it happened. I still have my traffic violation. Which I intend to fight in court seeing as I do believe I was the one that was right here. I dont know if I will get away with it seeing as I wil be in there just a week before paying my other ticket.

Moral of the story if there even is one: Dont argue even if you know you are right. Wait to do it in court.

I just think he was being a dick because he has stopped me before.

What do you all think?

Guest KJ Brackish

I agree with what you did man! I would frickin fight that in court as well. Luckilly I haven't even gotten pulled over yet, so until that day comes, I can only have the deepest of *sympathy* for ya. I don't know if you'll win over the court system, but give em a run for their money man!

DFA

#1 - arguing with the cop wil get you exactly what you got, whether or not he was in the wrong. he has the badge and the only thing you can say is that you are going to fight this in court.

#2 - it is near the end of the month and this cop is looking to make his quota.

#3 - you're driving a fucking esclalade, which means that you have money.

#4 - you get his badge number and you report him.

#5 - When in doubt, refer to rules 1 through 4 and don't go any faster that 5 miles an hour over the limit, next time.

Guest HBK16

I did number 4. I told him I was going to take his badge number and report him to the city. Even though I know I was right I shouldnt have fought with him because I knew it wasnt going to end anywhere good. But I will fight in court. Hopefully my record wont give me too bad of a disadvantage.

Guest KJ Brackish

I *have* to disagree with you here Rendclaw. When I took drivers education as I know we all have, I was told spacifically, and I got points taken off because, "YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO THE SPEED LIMIT, BUT GO WITH THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC." Those were the exact words given to me, and as I've said, I had points taken off cuz I was going 67 in a 65 zone when everyone else was going like 75. So thats why I applaud HBK. I have no further statements you honor.

DFA

#3 - You're driving a fucking esclalade, which means that you have money.

BING-FUCKING-O.

Understand your surroundings, man. You're better off FOLLOWING the speed limit in the Escalade - if you're going to ignore the speed limit by a few MPH, use your Geo.

Guest El Satanico

As the song says...

"I fought the law...and the law won"

Never argue with a cop. He won't discuss what you have a problem with and you'll end up getting maced, arrested or both.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
#2 - it is near the end of the month and this cop is looking to make his quota.

please...

cops are not the bad guys.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

they aren't. well some of them aren't. I've never met a good one but there has to be some.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Lets all act righteous.

Fuck the Police, fuck, fuck, fuck the police.

Honestly, they aren't all bad.

maybe you should have lift your shirt up, and let him see your nipple.

but that only applies in Rhoade Island.

Cops are a pain in the ass, but this is the middle of the month. Maybe he is an ass.

Now if its like the end of the month, different story, don't fuck with them.

Guest Insanityman

Yeah, not all cops are evil, abusive fuckers who should die. Having said that, there are a lot of cops who are assholes and there are a lot who are good. I mean, dude, you've been speeding constantly just slow down for a bit.

Besides, agruing with any cop is instantly a bad idea... I like the way one of cops I know put it- "You piss us off and we'll look for reasons to cite you." I mean I can understand defending yourself but the second he asks you step out of the car you shut up... hell, you shoulda' shut up before. But this guy does sound like a prick looking to reach his quota. But meh, good luck in court.

I can't speak for your state, HBK, but in Ohio it says flat out in the book they give you to study for your permit that you're supposed to go with the flow of traffic.

You're probably still screwed if you try to fight it (your word against the cop's will almost always go to the cop), but I'd probably do the same thing.

Cops don't have a quota, that's fucking stupid.

If a cop stops you, play along. Be nice. You'll save money that way.

You were speeding, and a cop pulled you over. Just live with it. Don't throw out all those Nigga Wit Attitude songs about 'Fuck Tha Police'. You are begging to be cited.

So, fight this in court. Call the cop a liar, and then paint a big old bullseye on the back of that hot truck....because we all know cops go after the rich one :rolleyes:

You just don't learn, do you HBK? Slow your fucking ass down and this shit won't continue to happen. It's your own damn fault for being a dumbass.

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

On the written test in CA, one of the questions is exactly this predicament..... and the answer is to never drive above the speed limit regardless of traffic flow. If you answer that you go with the flow of traffic you get the question wrong.... I know because I did!

Moral of the story is HBK is a dumbass for getting pulled over numerous times for the same shit. Once takes a certain stupidity but twice or more?

maybe you should have lift your shirt up, and let him see your nipple.

but that only applies in Rhoade Island.

Cops are a pain in the ass, but this is the middle of the month. Maybe he is an ass.

Now if its like the end of the month, different story, don't fuck with them.

WTF? I live in RI, where did you get that one from?

Moral of the story is HBK is a dumbass for getting pulled over numerous times for the same shit. Once takes a certain stupidity but twice or more?

Ding ding ding.

SLOW THE FUCK DOWN

Guest SweetNSexyDiva
Moral of the story is HBK is a dumbass for getting pulled over numerous times for the same shit.  Once takes a certain stupidity but twice or more?

Ding ding ding.

SLOW THE FUCK DOWN

Ah, I didn't realize this was a regular thing.... I agree.... Slow down dumbass! :D

Edited by SweetNSexyDiva

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh man, I definitely would have been sitting there with Sherwin Williams. I've avoided jail very well so far. Raised a little hell when I was in my early teens..never been in trouble since.

Guest HBK16
This is like the 8th or 9th time. You think by now he would learn.

I wasnt speeding though. I passed by numberous poilce officers that didnt care. He just had a thing with me because he had pulled me over before. Going 73 in a 65 zone is NOT speeding. So you cant use the "slow the fuck down dumbass" shit in this situation because that wasnt speeding.

Guest Insanityman

Well, I'd be pissed if I was a cop knew your record and saw you even remotely speeding. Not saying you deserved it in any way, shape, or form but still.