TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Triple H's face turn

Guest Salacious Crumb

No one's going to buy him as a face.

If say Jericho or Kane somehow got the belt he'd probably go face then and beat them so he could have a fresher run with the belt or something like that.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I can't see it happening via a heel - no heel has been promoted on or anywhere near a par with HHH for it to work.

They could have Orton turn on HHH but no-one would give a shit.

They could have Jericho beat on HHH but I guarantee everyone would cheer.

So there is no way I think.

I believe, due to fan apathy against HHH for the mostpart, any heel going against HHH will be turned face. They will probably have to have HHH come to the defense of a face in order to get any favorable reaction.

Guest MissMattitude
I believe, due to fan apathy against HHH for the mostpart, any heel going against HHH will be turned face. They will probably have to have HHH come to the defense of a face in order to get any favorable reaction.

Well the average mark actually probably doesn't hate Triple H in the same way that the IWC do so that might not necessarily be the case.

I believe, due to fan apathy against HHH for the mostpart, any heel going against HHH will be turned face.  They will probably have to have HHH come to the defense of a face in order to get any favorable reaction.

Well the average mark actually probably doesn't hate Triple H in the same way that the IWC do so that might not necessarily be the case.

The fans give him an entrance pop but not much else most of the time. I'd say that turning him face may not be a disaster but he certainly won't get pops on the level that Booker T, RVD, etc. get after months of burial. Hell, heel Jericho probably gets bigger pops than a face Trips.

Guest MissMattitude
It's pretty obvious.

HHH/Steph/Albert love triangle, anyone?

Don't even joke about it... Vince will think we're serious.

Guest MissMattitude
I believe, due to fan apathy against HHH for the mostpart, any heel going against HHH will be turned face.  They will probably have to have HHH come to the defense of a face in order to get any favorable reaction.

Hell, heel Jericho probably gets bigger pops than a face Trips.

I don't think there's a 'probably' about it.

Triple H only gets a pop for his entrance, the rest of the time the crowd are pretty silent.

Guest Gary Busey

One would think that since HHH is molding himself as the next Flair, he would want to remain heel and stick with Evolution for an extended period of time (years?), hoping to make a contemporary Four Horsemen. I would say he would want to remain heel, unless he believes he can get himself over as a face without the Evolution baggage.

But then that would go against everything he's said about him forming Evolution to help the young guys... :ph34r:

1. By saving a "face", they would almost exclusively go with a Clique member, which no one would care about

2. Chris Hyatte had it pegged when he said that for HHH to turn face successfully, that he would have to go on a monumental losing streak of epic proportions and generally be everyone's bitch. Once you totally reprogram everyone to see HHH as a complete and total fuck-up, only then can you make any money off of him being a dominant face who squashes everyone in sight since he will be seen as the underdog who triumpths over all odds...

At the moment, no sort of HHH face turn would work. Not even a cosmic reset brought about by HHH going away and coming back a face would work. Best bet is to send him to SD as a face to feud with Big Show and Brock Lesner and ship Kurt Angle to Raw after having Angle job the belt to Brock. There they can completely and utterly obscure the backlash against Triple H via post show editing and give HHH viable opponents to feud with as well as get Big Show someone else to fucking feud with besides Brock and Kurt.

They're going to turn him face because the WWE thinks we need to have HHH and Steph be faces for when they get married in real life. I'm dreading the on camera reunion...you know its coming.

If HHH somehow came to the defense of Linda McMahon, I believe the turn could be successful, being that she is the only face that hasn't had their credibilty destroted. Not that I want more McMahon DRAMUH~.

Guest MissMattitude
They're going to turn him face because the WWE thinks we need to have HHH and Steph be faces for when they get married in real life. I'm dreading the on camera reunion...you know its coming.

Yeah, it's a cringeworthy thought... but it'll happen eventually.

Priest on Smackdown:"So HHH, any words before you kiss the bride?"

HHH:"Yes-uhhh....Brock Lesnar-uhhh, I'm coming after that title and burying you just like I did to Jericho last year-uhhhh. Except this time-uhhhh, it won't be through the use of a bulldog-uhhh; it'll be through the use of a cat-uhhh!"

One would think that since HHH is molding himself as the next Flair, he would want to remain heel and stick with Evolution for an extended period of time (years?), hoping to make a contemporary Four Horsemen. I would say he would want to remain heel, unless he believes he can get himself over as a face without the Evolution baggage.

But then that would go against everything he's said about him forming Evolution to help the young guys...  :ph34r:

I recall it being stated that HHH has entitlement issues going on in terms of his obsession with being a babyface. HHH seems to honestly think that he deserves to be a BIG babyface and make millions on merchandising and have marks cheer his name in blind hero worship and that this is linked to his resentment of the Rock and Austin, both of which started out as monster heels only to turn into monster babyfaces.

He blew that the night after Wrestlemania X7.

Bingo. What was the backstage reason for HHH siding with Austin instead of fighting with him over the summer with a hot program that could have been big bucks?

Because they're fucking morons.

My guess is that Austin was supposed to become a superheelisheel by the time the Invasion started and turned on WWF and HHH turns face by default.

Instead we got Hugging Austin and these Angle skits which were seriously good comedy but a pretty lousy setup when the turn happened.

He blew that the night after Wrestlemania X7.

Of course the cosmic irony is that HHH blew his last, best shot at becoming a monster babyface in order to try and sabatoge Austin's heel run which was a complete and total failure from day one...

I take it Trips is running out of faces to bury so he's gonna finish off his record by burying all the heels too?

I take it Trips is running out of faces to bury so he's gonna finish off his record by burying all the heels too?

Most likely, but didn't he already bury Jericho last year?