TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Triple H's face turn

Guest Jar_of_Dirt

Simple answer..

Evolution beats up Vinnie Mac who cost Hunter the belt at (what ever PPV) against *Jericho (we hope). Therefore, if fans see people beat up Vinnie Mac=they are face.

It doesn't make sense, but this is WWE logic (an oxymoron itself) and it will happen.

*will eventually replace by some random Hoss.

He blew that the night after Wrestlemania X7.

Bingo. What was the backstage reason for HHH siding with Austin instead of fighting with him over the summer with a hot program that could have been big bucks?

The storyline was supposed to have been that HHH would fall in stock in Vince's eyes and Austin would be the new Big Bad Vince would work with who was recruited behind HHH's back. Eventually around the May PPV, HHH would get tired of being in Austin's shadow and turn on Austin and set up a KOTR match where HHH would get the belt and the two feuding until the fall, when Austin would get the belt back and go on to blow off his heel turn with a feud with the returning Rock.

HHH hated this and didn't want to be pushed into the background and made to look like he was inferior to Austin or endure a very public losing of his spot storylinewise to Austin (sidenote: a common theme in HHH's psychological profile seems to be a TON of build-up resentment for his treatment after the MSG incident and the fact that Austin was given his push and ended up becoming the WWE's Messiah that saved them from death at the hands of Turner and WCW). ESPECIALLY since he knew Vince would ultimately drop him once Rock came back so that he could do Rock/Austin 3. So he "suggested" that they do an angle where HHH and Austin becomes "The 2 Man Power Trip" with Austin playing second-string to HHH. This way Austin would stay under his thumb and HHH would stay in the spotlight. They would have stayed a team until late summer as HHH would be the one who would ultimately stand up to the evil Austin after the squash everyone and beat him at Summerslam, so that he would steal the Rock's thunder when he came back that fall by being the one who slayed the Austin beast and giving Rock a castrated and beaten Austin to work with.

But a ton of stuff fucked up this little plan. Austin's heel turn was a complete and total flop and the decision to go with Kane and Undertaker as Austin's first face opponents made things worse. Paul Heyman, who was petitioning Vince to push Jericho and Benoit as Austin's opponents eventually got his way but this quickly blew up in Paul's face do to the fact that CJ and CB didn't miraculously raise the ratings overnight. Yet fate would then step in and ruin HHH's carefully crafted scheme when HHH had his imfamous quad injury during the tag match against Benoit and Jericho. Angle was then given HHH's spot and with the timing of 911, briefly ended the reign of terror that was Austin's abortion of a title run.

Though HHH did have the last laugh though as he used his downtime to crawl into Austin's ear and used him as a proxy to bury everyone. Jericho got buried and only managed to stay afloat do to his friendship with the Rock, who was willing to do a program with him that ran side by side with the Invasion farce and Austin did everything in his power to make Angle look like a pussy, more so than anyone else in the company during Angle's tenure in the company.

As for Austin joining the Alliance, more or less that was a ultra desperate move by Vince who refused to pull the plug on the great Austin heel turn failure. Without HHH, Vince rushed the Invasion angle out long before it was ready and Austin was put in it to give them a mega-heel leader who just made things worse.

Guest wrestlingbs

HHH seems really jealous of the Rock. Everytime he comes back, the Rock and HHH go at it with snide comments on air and political backstabbing behind the scenes. I think HHH is mad that out of the two the Rock was the more successful star after Gang Warz (DX vs. NOD) despite his lesser skills and less experience. The Rock gets mad pops whether he's a face or a heel, and can carry any guy in a good match (and not caring, mind you). I think Trips won't be satisfied until one day the fans choose him over the Rock and somebody says, "You are way more of a star than Hogan, Flair, or the Rock!"

The most obvious solution.

HHH *tears* his other quad in the Elimination Chamber and makes yet another miraculous recovery to come back and wrestle (insert top heel on either show with belt) at WM XX.

HHH: Well-uh, it worked last time-uh. Maybe we can do it again-uh, except this time avoid the actual painful injury part-uh.

Trips' resentment of The Rock goes back further than Gang Wars, IIRC.

Bret Hart tells stories of how Shawn Michaels and Trips were always pushing for Rock to get jobbed out to Bret even back when Rock was a nobody. Bret refused because he saw potential in Rock, which pissed both Shawn and Trips off to no end.

Since that time, I think the rivalry got worse because Rock got over on his own time and time again while Trips always required a HUGE shove to get over. (Trips was over as HBK's running buddy but it took some interesting moves on Vince's part to get Trips taken seriously as DX's leader, such as the Nation parody and the "invasion of WCW")

It didn't help that their match at Summerslam 98 ended with Trips winning the IC title but getting injured in the process. He lost all his momentum during his six months off while Rock's charisma kept him from missing a beat and got him the WWF title at Survivor Series.

In short, Trips is probably VERY bitter over all the chances he's missed out on by chance (injuries) or stupidity (MSG incident). Because of that, he's making sure that no one else can blow past him (Jericho, for example) and that he comes out on top of people who blew past him (Austin and Rock).

I think HHH is mad that out of the two the Rock was the more successful star after Gang Warz (DX vs. NOD) despite his lesser skills and less experience.

That and despite being Vince's "pet project", Vince purposely groomed Rock to be the mainstream media darling for the WWE rather than HHH.

I think HHH also resents the fact that like with Austin, Vince passed him over in favor of Rock in the fall of 1998 when a new top program was needed in order to delay the inevitable Rock/Austin match at WM 99. Which makes everything HHH does from 1999 onward in terms of burying everyone who was a threat to him make sense. By 1999, HHH was determined to destroy everyone who could steal his spot that he felt he was owed.

Which goes back to the concept of HHH being a VERY bitter and very selfish jerk who honestly believes that he's entitled to being the biggest name in wrestling despite having blown every chance he's had to carry the torch when passed to him and that all of the successes he's had have come by way of him fucking the right people either verbally (Vince) or literally (Steph).

I think HHH will lose to Goldberg at Unforgiven, take his time off, and in the mean time have Jericho start running around with Evolution, without saying he's in (Bret Hart nWo, 1998). Jericho wins the title and then Evolution kicks HHH out when he comes back.

Or back-up, have Kane win the title and start beating up HBK or The Rock, have him save them and try to mooch off of them for face heat.

...................\|||/

..................(0 o)

.....,---ooO---(_)---------,

.....|````````````` `|

.....|`FUCK YOU HHH!`|

.....|``````````````|

......'----------------Ooo'

...............|__|__|

..................|| ||

..............ooO Ooo

He blew that the night after Wrestlemania X7.

This is why I hate HHH.

He had two chances to really help the WWE by turning face.(The other time being the during the Love Triangle storyline). He would have made tons of money and the WWE would have kept going strong, instead his ego got in the way and the company has suffered the consequences ever since.

It was like if HHH brainwashed Vince into thinking "screw running a successful business, let's just make sure that HHH never looks bad." We can't have the manly HHH lose his wife to another wrestler especially a "dork" such as Kurt Angle or have HHH play second fiddle to the two biggest stars in wrestling. Nope, not even if the HHH/Angle and Austin/HHH matches would have made trillions, because keeping HHH happy is more important than giving the fans want they wanted to see(which was HHH as a face)

Guest Super Pissed Smark
I think Trips won't be satisfied until one day the fans choose him over the Rock and somebody says, "You are way more of a star than Hogan, Flair, or the Rock!"

I could've sworn J.R.'s said that already...

I think Trips won't be satisfied until one day the fans choose him over the Rock and somebody says, "You are way more of a star than Hogan, Flair, or the Rock!"

I could've sworn J.R.'s said that already...

And, as a result, JR has less credibility than Tony "This is the greatest night in the history of our sport!" Schivone.

Guest wrestlingbs

I have a feeling that when HHH starts running things (and, lets face facts, he probably will) there will be a lot of revisionist history going on:

First off, Rock is given the "you're not welcome here" treatment. Talk about him is greatly reduced.

When people talk about the Foley vs. HHH matches of 2000, they will say Mankind was "passing the torch".

The fans naturally pushed for HHH to be a big star, rather than pushing him to the moon in 1999 (that's already a company line).

Things got bad in 2001 because all the WCW talent were bringing down the WWF. Steph was nowhere to be seen at the time.

And finally, Bret Hart was the sole, undeniable reason that WCW failed. Him and Hogan, depending on whether Hulk and the WWE are on good terms.

It's great how Rock didn't put Booker over cause he knew HHH would end up beating booker... and then HHH ended up beating booker...

Man, that was just a coincidence :lol:

He couldn't lose to Booker because he needed to stay hot for his feud with Goldberg right after WM XIX!

What day is it?

Guest Dmann2000
It's great how Rock didn't put Booker over cause he knew HHH would end up beating booker... and then HHH ended up beating booker...

So...wait do we like Rocky or not

I'll have to update my Smark like/dislike list

HHH-dislike

Undertaker-dislike

Randy Orton-dislike

McMahons- dislike

Brock- like

Angle- Like

Benoit- Our Benoit, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name...

Flair- FOR SHAME

Guest MissMattitude
Simple answer..

Evolution beats up Vinnie Mac who cost Hunter the belt at (what ever PPV) against *Jericho (we hope). Therefore, if fans see people beat up Vinnie Mac=they are face.

It doesn't make sense, but this is WWE logic (an oxymoron itself) and it will happen.

*will eventually replace by some random Hoss.

No, Jericho must win it cleanly.

<I have a feeling that when HHH starts running things (and, lets face facts, he probably will) there will be a lot of revisionist history going on:

First off, Rock is given the "you're not welcome here" treatment. Talk about him is greatly reduced.>

Rock will be given the "Hogan Treatment" in that he's treated like persona non grata when he's not with the company but if he's with the company, expect his accomplishments to be acknowledged.

<When people talk about the Foley vs. HHH matches of 2000, they will say Mankind was "passing the torch".>

Agreed.

<The fans naturally pushed for HHH to be a big star, rather than pushing him to the moon in 1999 (that's already a company line).>

Agreed and that's part of the WWE bullshit machine that makes me pretty sick in that they can say this yet totally refuse to admit that about Jericho, that fans saw him as a big star and wanted him pushed as such in the same breath

<Things got bad in 2001 because all the WCW talent were bringing down the WWF. Steph was nowhere to be seen at the time.>

NO, NO, NO, NO......

The total failures of 2001 will totally be blamed on Austin, including the total and complete blame for the failure of the Invasion. Austin demanded to go heel and leeched off of HHH's heel heat to make sure he was booed. Furthermore he couldn't even play a heel and started trying to get face pops for his "WHAT?" BS and that he demanded to be made had of the WCW and ECW factions so as to use both sides to fuel his ego and make sure none of the WCW and ECW talent got over.

Secondary blame will go to Rock, for bailing on the company to make movies and third will go to Jericho, who will be totally to blame for injuring HHH and leaving the company to Austin's evil clutches to ruin as he saw fit

<And finally, Bret Hart was the sole, undeniable reason that WCW failed. Him and Hogan, depending on whether Hulk and the WWE are on good terms.>

Depends on if Hart and Vince reconcile and if HHH doesn't immeadiately turn against the Clique once he becomes management. If that happens, expect HHH to blame WCW's death on Hall, Nash, and Hogan, depending on whether or not Hogan and the WWE are on good terms. HHH will be retconned into staying with the WWE rather than fleein south with his friends and HBK (depending on his own status within the company) will be seen either as a loyal component of the WWE machine or a backstabbing conniver who ended up staying with the WWE only because he was stuck in an iron-cladded contract.

Other WWE Revisions that will happen under HHH:

Austin will be portrayed as the Anti-Christ and not the Messiah of the WWE and that he will be totally buried for trying to hold down talent, most notably HHH.

Jericho was a flop when he came into the WWE and only got reaction when he started his imfamous program with Chyna

The Love Triangle Storyline ended with HHH and Steph triumpthing over the attempts of Angle to break up their union "because it was what the fans wanted to see"

DX never existed before April1998 and that HHH was always the leader of DX

Rock was a total and complete flop who only got over by way of Vince ramrodding him down the fans throats nonstop to the point that he got the World Title handed to him in 1998 just to get him over

Kurt Angle was a flash-in-the-pan who never got over with the fans and was buried not by HHH but by Austin (who was NOT acting as HHH's proxy, no matter what the internet says :) )

Guest mike mayhem

I think Triple H is lazy as a face & boring as a heel.

The reason I think Tripper is lazy as a face is, cos in his promo's it feels like he doesnt give it his all & he aint convinceing enough.

He's boring as a heel, cos his promo's put me to sleep.

I'am kinda of a hypocrite towards Triple H....I like him, yet I hate him :huh: :wacko:

Wat up wit dat???

Rock was right.

Not only did HHH put himself over Booker iin the end (even with the racist storyline that's blow off was that black people could NOT in fact be world champion) but he also put himself over Hurricane for no reason on RAW...when Hurricane was the guy Rock put over that night instead.

There is no depth he won't go to.

Oh...and why did they change the HHH/Booker finish?

To keep HHH strong for his HOT ineviteble program with the debuting Goldberg of course.

"Looks at Summerslam card"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I said it once, I'll say it again.

Triple H's face turn will begin at Summerslam when Randy Orton wins the title. I made that prediction and I'm sticking to it!