TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tony149

Are you going to watch the pro bowl?

Guest Tony149

Why does the NFL still have a Pro Bowl? For the most part they suck! The Pro Bowl is one of the worst All Star games out there. They could do something different like NFL vs. NFL Europe or something. Are you even going to watch? I know I'm not.

Guest Army Eye

The Pro Bowl sucks so bad.  Sigh.  I tried to watch about 10 minutes of last year's and couldn't get into it.  One problem is that you can tell they don't want to get hurt (can't blame them of course) and are only playing at about 50% of their hardest, if that even.  

They should scrap it and do some skills competitions instead.  Stuff like the Quarterback Challenge, I don't know if they still do that, but that was a lot more fun to watch than the Pro Bowl.

Guest CanadianChris

The only All-Star Game I'll watch is baseball, which, coincidentally, is the one that most resembles a meaningful game that the players actually care if they win..

The other sports, due either to special rule changes for the game (NFL) or playing a game so far removed from what we normally see (NBA, NHL), make their All-Star Games uninteresting and meaningless.

I used to watch NBA All-Star Weekend, but that's become a shell of its former self as well.  Wake me up when Dominique Wilkins unretires and he and Jordan get 15 years younger.

Guest theWCWRaider

I agree with the baseball allstar game being the only good one.

Hockey you can't hit, the NBA 1, I really don't know what happened with that, but its now totally ruined, and the Pro Bowl is not even a football game with all the different rules it has.

No, I will not watch the pro bowl, well...I'll watch Rich Gannon when he's the QB for the AFC, but other than that, no way.

Get rid of the damn thing.

Guest Tony149

I figured most hate the Pro Bowl. The NFL should just drop it or find some way to have the game played in the middle of the season.

Guest theStranger

The only all-star game I watch is the baseball one. As someone mentioned earlier it's the only one that most resembles the actual game. The NBA all-star game used to be really good but I think it lost it's glamour since all the old school guys retired. At least with them you know there was more than just "hey man let's see who can make the sweetest play!" bleh.

As for the Pro Bowl...Yes it sucks. If their season's were compatible I would suggest an NFL-CFL all-star game in which one half would be played under NFL rules and the other half by CFL rules. I don't know how well it would work out but it would be an interesting experiment nonetheless.

Guest theWCWRaider

You couldn't do the Pro Bowl midseason, for a couple of reasons.

1.  If you did it midseason with its current rules, the game would still suck.

2.  If you made it into a normal game, someone might get seriously hurt.

Now, if you were a team like the Rams, and Faulk got hurt playing in the Pro Bowl, that would ruin your season. I'd be pretty pissed off, if I were that team.

So, that's why its at the end.

Hell, the risk of injury is why you can't really hit in the NHL allstar game.

As far as a CFL NFL Allstar game, that would be really hard to pull off, especially changing rules at half.

Guest theStranger

Actually it wouldn't be ALL that hard to change the rules at the half. The CFL and NFL used to do exhibition games in the 50s and 60s where they did exactly what I proposed. The only thing that would be difficult would be the size of the field. I suppose you could use a field that is CFL width but NFL length. Oh well like I said it would be an interesting experiment if pulled off.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

You can't have an All Star Game during the middle of the season, because in football you get banged up each and every game.  A mid-season game wouldn't benefit anyone involved because there isn't a player in the league that hasn't played hurt at one point during the season. I wouldn't want my players getting banged up uneccesarily if I was a coach. Playing an exhibition game in the middle of the season would produce wear on the athletes' bodies that could be avoided. The reason why football is played once a week and not on a nearly nightly basis like other sports is because of the physical nature of the game. You need about two or three days to get back to 100% after a football game is over.