TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Tyler; Captain America

Put it in the book.

However, I think *TALENT WISE* that the Rams will win it all, barring catostrophic injuries. Their missing piece of the puzzle -- Kurt Warner -- seems to be back with a vengeance, and if he is, I don't believe anyone can stop them.

Kurt Warner is NOT the man who will take them to the big win, its MARSHALL FAULK who is the real talent. Bulger can give the Rams what they need at the QB but when Faulk does not play well the team will lose 99% of the time.

Guest HungryJack

Warner as missing puzzle piece?

How bout a defense up in there????

I mean, even with Warner, the rams are a slightly more talented Kansas City. All O, no D.

When Rams had the Superbowl year, the offense was new, "The Greatest show on Turf" offense. Kind of like how the WCO had such success in the beginning, but like any offense, eventually Defensive coordinators find ways to slow the offense down and counter even the best plays. I am pretty sure the Rams will win the west and could even go deep into the playoffs, but I don't seem them winning it.

Guest MD2020
Because you haven't accepted the conditional.

OK, is the Rams are reasonably healthy come playoff time (i.e. no major injuries among starter skill positions), I bet that they do not reach the Super Bowl. If they do not, then you have to vote for Bush in the 2004 elections.

Feel free to make any sort of situation for me. I'll look it over and decide whether or not to accept it.

People think Tampa can repeat...What if Sapp, K. Johnson, B. Johnson, etc. get injured badly...DONE...or are they?

They'll live if those guys get hurt. Tampa's achilles heel is its running game. It will do them in, the question is when.

Guest Choken One
I think Warner can make up for Faulk's absence, though, where as Bolger cannot. If Faulk is in there, Bolger can win with the team. However, if Faulk is out, Warner still can win... Bolger can't.

Did you not watch last season?

Warner lost with Faulk.

Bulger won with TRUNG FN CANDIATE!

After watching MNF I can safely say the Rams aren't going to Super Bowl. They STILL pass too much, and they STILL have no idea how to manage the clock (wasting all their time outs because they didn't have proper players on the field, including one for the first play of the second half). Mike Martz, the worst head coach in the NFL, has obviously learned nothing and they won't win the Super Bowl as long as he's there. It doesn't matter how good you are, if your opponents know what you are going to do.

Also, unless they get Pace back, Warner will be back in the hospital by Week 4.

Mike Martz, the worst head coach in the NFL, has obviously learned nothing and they won't win the Super Bowl as long as he's there.

If that's the case, he can stay in St Louis forever.

Just as long as the Rams suck, it's all good.

If Warner is healthy and productive the whole year, then the Rams will indeed do well. Last year's aberration aside, Warner is a very consistent and accurate passer. The key to the whole thing, though, is Faulk. He needs to get 15-20 carries per game and catch a few balls out of the backfield. Basically, the Rams should try to use the clock to their advantage, even with their high-octane offense. Their defense is nothing special, and keeping it off the field as much as possible is to their benefit.

Of course, Mike Martz is a fucking imbecile, so I don't expect him to realize that.

Kahran: Faulk was out. Thus, they passed a ton.

Faulk missed two games, one of which they won, so don't give me that excuse. Even if he is out, you continue to run the ball with Gordon (or whoever the backup is this year). If not, then good defences will pounce on you. Looking at the stats from last year, the Rams passed an average of 41.8 times per game that they lost versus 31.4 times per game that they won. That is quite a difference. You can't win in the NFL if you don't run the ball. The passing offense is mainly there just to be good enough so that the defense doesn't stack the line against your RB or to help you come from behind if something went wrong earlier. In the past 10 years, only the Rams of 1999 and 49ers of 1994 won the Super Bowl favouring a passing offense to a running one. The Rams won by the skin of their teeth, and the 49ers just completely dominated the woefully undertalented Chargers in pretty much every aspect of the game. The 94 Chargers are the weakest Super Bowl team in recent memory.