TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaertos

Genesis Tournament Brackets

Guest SupaTaft

Spelled my name wrong. It's Tarakanov.

+1

-Taft

Oh silly Thor, you know JLers don't matter! :)

Edited by Suicide King

Ummm.....this could just be me, but it looks like we don't have enough shows to pull this tourney off. We have a total of 8 shows, including this one. However, to get through the loser's bracket and everything, you'll need all 8 shows. Therefore, you don't have any time for a showdown between the winners of the two brackets.

Guest Suicide King

we have the time, rest assured. The final between the winner's and loser's bracket will be a singles match where the loser's bracket winner must get two falls over the winner's bracket winner, who must only get one fall. thus it fits perfectly in the time frame.

Yep. The loser's and winner's brackets will be running simultaneously. It will take 7 shows altogether to crown a tourney winner, leaving one show extra for ADDED HOSTILITIES!

I'm tinglin' with excitement already, I am.

Rando, I promise you that it'll all make sense when you get there. There might be an error or two on the bracket graphic--I think we don't go to three-ways soon enough on there--but don't sweat it. There's no reason to worry about this stuff now--it doesn't matter what number you are, nor can you possibly figure out who you might be facing in round 3 if you lose one match but x no-shows and y gets an upset but z wins as expected--just ride it out and write for Wednesday before worrying about the future.

Guest Insanityman

Blah, no worries. I really am leaving after this unless some real good stuff comes my way. The whole Tim was an act but I really had considered leaving... so I was kinda testing the waters. So then Ash gave me the idea half jokingly and we tried to make it happen- but it got shuffled into the tournament.

...Is it logical to keep writing it as "???" since I'm already half done? Oh, well, there's another surprise in the match anyway.

Guest Suicide King

Now to address some organizational stuff. Some people have inquired as to why the brackets are so complex. Well, a few reasons actually... first and foremost, to get a nice even single elimination breakdown with no byes or triple threats I would need either 32 or 16 people. 32 is completely untenable with recent depletions and 16 would have made me choose which WFers to include and which to exclude, which defeats the whole point of a fed wide tournament. The only realistic number to work with was 24, which would result in a few triple threats.

Next, why double elimination? Well, I wanted to do this for two reasons. One, to ensure that people could theoretically have a bad showing and still potentially move on. And two (god help me) so if an emergency forces someone in the winner's bracket to no-show, they aren't punished. That is for emergencies though, people.

Now, why a tournament at all you may ask as well? 2 reasons. First of all, the sudden depletion of the main event kicked our ideas for Genesis right in the balls. ;) Second, Strangler wanted to do it, and since he is the champ I tend to take his ideas seriously.

Edited by Suicide King

...Is it logical to keep writing it as "???" since I'm already half done? Oh, well, there's another surprise in the match anyway.

Write however you want, IL. I'm marking, and I'll just take into consideration however you or Craven approach it. No worries indeed.

bwa ha ha... Beezel.

Well, I marked heavy for IL just now, hopefully this causes a run and recognition for a WF run.

-Annie

p.s. I either get Craven or IL next round. Hmmm. JL PRIDE~!

Guest Insanityman

Thanks Annie, but you seem to forget Ash and I were in the ML first. ML pride and JL pride, god that's when you know you've been around too much.

Now, why a tournament at all you may ask as well? 2 reasons. First of all, the sudden depletion of the main event kicked our ideas for Genesis right in the balls.  Second, Strangler wanted to do it, and since he is the champ I tend to take his ideas seriously.

This might be the first time in history that anyone has publicly admitted to taking my ideas seriously.

This might be the first time in history that anyone has publicly admitted to taking my ideas seriously.

Well, there was the time you said the thing about the Allen wrench and the baby shampoo. You were right; it does have a certain tingle.

Guest Suicide King

No Dangerous, as per the last time we talked you told me not to book you til you told me too. You had not told me too. Therefore, no booking. Follow?

Edited by Suicide King

Guest Suicide King

And just in case anyone is wondering, the brackets will be fixed and updated with tonight's results tomorrow evening.

And the bracket is updated and all errors (but misspelling Taft's name, sorry) are fixed. If anyone sees anything else, please let me know.

And in case anyone is interested (like the website people) the new official logo for Genesis IV is posted on my graphics page. Just follow the link!

Edited by Grand Slam

Guest SupaTaft

Almost got the name right, man. Almost.

It's Tarakanov, but it doesn't really need to be fixed, seeing as I shant be in thr tourney much longer.

*dies at teh Muzzums gr8tness*

-Taft

Guest Suicide King

Excellent job, except that CIA is in the winner's bracket where Show is supposed to be.