TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

Smackdown Spoilers...

If Tyson and Sapp ever do get it on, I'm gonna get me a ticket and see the slaughter of poor Mike first hand. Although the match does intrigue me.

Gowen must be SLAUGHTERED tonight. And then have Matt face Ultimo at SS.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Random Thread Jacking:

On Sportsline.com the Link title for a story on the buccs signing Tony McFarland is:

Buccaneers make DT one rich Booger

WTF????

Hey Dave, a bit light on the details, just trying to get spoilers out there. I also became forgetful of the match order after the 2nd SD match, but the results are all correct.

Dark matches: Mortis d. ?. I missed the guys name, but he lost. Mortis (Kanyon) won with the forward falling electric chair drop.

'Textbook' Tyson Dux d. Matt Butacelli - I know Dux's opponent's name is spelled wrong. There seemed to be a good number of MXPW / BCW fans in my area as Dux got a pretty good pop. Tyson won the match.

Velocity

Billy Kidman d. Shannon Moore. Good Velocity match, Kidman won with a top rope sunset flip bomb after Moore climbed up to stop Billy's SSP attempt.

Sean O'Haire d. Funaki. Short match, not really any different than previous ones they've done on Velocity. O'Haire won with his finisher (The Betrayal? The inverted DVD).

FBI (Palumbo and Stamboli) d. 'Showtime' Eric Young and Bobby Rude. Typical Jobber tag team vs Local enhancement tag team match. Palumbo pinned Young after Jungle Kicking him in the back of the head.

Bradshaw d. Shelton Benjamin. They seemed to be setting up some sort of feud between APA and WGTT, but nothing materialized on SD!. Actually seemed like a decent match live, Bradshaw won with the Clothesline from Hell.

SmackDown!

Angle comes out and he's mad at Brock Lesnar and wants to fight him tonight before wrestling him at SummerSlam. Vince comes out, and Angle lets loose with the profanities UPN will have to bleep (asshole, pussy, and SOB). The bottom line was Angle could not get near Lesnar or McMahon tonight if he didn't want to be suspended, stripped of the title, or fired, but he could fight Big Show in a Street Fight where falls count anywhere.

Rey Mysterio d. Matt Hardy - Good match, which seemed to be given more time than most SmackDown! matches. Kidman was with Rey, but kicked out by the ref early. One blown spot had Rey making a decision of who to give the 619 to, as Matt and Shannon were drapped on the ropes at different sides of the ring. He ran towards Shannon and stopped, because Matt Hardy did not get up in time to attack him, so they repeated the spot. No one chanted anything, and to some it may have looked like Rey was just changing his mind about who to hit. Rey won with a great looking West Coast Pop after Zach Gowen hit Hardy with a crutch.

Basham Brothers d. Gunn and Noble. Short match. Gunn KO'd either Doug, but Danny snuck in and played dead, then small packaged Noble for the win.

Zach Gowen vs Brock Lesnar was announced, as Brock was being a good sport and taking on someone to be on equal footing with Angle. Zach's mom was interviewed at ringside by Michael Cole.

Zach Gowen d Brock Lesnar via DQ. No official announcement made, Brock just pretty much killed Zach after promsing in an earlier segment to break his one good leg. Gowen to the outside when Brock was taunting his mom, but that was bout it. Double powerbomb and a brutal chair shot lead to the DQ. Big blade job by Zach after Lesnar smashed him with a chair. Lesnar F5'd Zach on the post twice, then attacked him while he was being stretchered out. The SummerSlam match recap later in the show still showed Gowen / Hardy as being on the card, but this 'match' really seemed to suggest Gowen is seriously injured in storyline terms.

John Cena & A-Train def. Undertaker and Orlando Jordan. Cena's freestyle on the way out was hilarious (something like "You had to know Brock would smoke Zach like a joint / he really sucks because he's from Detroit, and something about Joe Louis Arena actually being a big crack house) big heat for Cena for the rap, but most people around us seemed thrilled when he pinned Undertaker relatively clean. Taker had Cena up for the Last Ride, but A-Train clipped Taker in the knee. Cena fell on the Dead Man for the one, two, three. Word life, indeed.

Eddie/Rhyno d. Benoit/Tajiri. Criminally short, but good for what time it was given. A big "Eddie" chant started during the break as people could see the lowrider hidden behind the set. Rhyno won with a Gore on Tajiri. Eddie hit him wit hthe US belt afterwards. Rhyno got a good exit pop.

Kurt Angle d. Big Show in a Street Fight, Falls Count Anywhere match. Angle has a knack for carrying Show to good matches, and this seemed enjoyable live. The match had some good near falls, despite the fact a table was set up in the ring and never used until the finish, making any fall prior to Kurt Angle Slamming big show through it for the pin seem like an obvious kick out.

Overall, we enjoyed ourselves.

As for attendance, about 5-7 tapred off upperdeck sections on the hard camera side and some empty seats in the top part of the upper bowl, but a good sized crowd. From what I could hear, "TWOOOO" was in full effect and the crowd seemed pretty good when they weren't chanting "Let's Go Red Wings" during the 'commercial' breaks.

That should eventually be going up on Observer, from me.

Im actually worried that OLM getting the snot beat out of him means he beats Matt at the PPV in an effort to overcome "seemingly unsurmountable odds"..

and so that no one wonders who the SPWGTT might be facing on the PPV, they aren't even on this show...

That sounds like a "bah" show to me, although I wanna see OLM get beat up by Brock and the 4 way tag match, and Rey vs Matt Hardy..

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Another shitty Smackdown. I'm glad I am busy on Thursday nights after reading shit like that.

Guest Fook

So no Steph and Vince and Sable are only in one segment each?

Did I wake up in the bizzaro world or something?

I didn't bother to remember the order of all the backstage segments, hence I mentioned NONE of them. Vince was in a couple more segments than the one I did mention, but just for a short period (One was Big Show destroying his office in a fit of rage). No Stephanie, though.

Looks like a good show...but...

"Bradshaw d. Shelton Benjamin. They seemed to be setting up some sort of feud between APA and WGTT, but nothing materialized on SD!. Actually seemed like a decent match live, Bradshaw won with the Clothesline from Hell."

NOOOO! Not APA vs. TWGTT!!

Looks like a good show...but...

"Bradshaw d. Shelton Benjamin. They seemed to be setting up some sort of feud between APA and WGTT, but nothing materialized on SD!. Actually seemed like a decent match live, Bradshaw won with the Clothesline from Hell."

NOOOO! Not APA vs. TWGTT!!

Well, its either APA or Noble/Gunn.

I guess I'd rather have the later over the former as well.

Guest TheArchiteck
The rhyme for the crackhouse was "You only look good in a blackout. Joe Louis ain't an arena, it's the world's biggest crakhouse".

:lol: :lol:

I hate Cena.

"Angle comes out and he's mad at Brock Lesnar and wants to fight him tonight before wrestling him at SummerSlam. Vince comes out, and Angle lets loose with the profanities UPN will have to bleep (asshole, pussy, and SOB). The bottom line was Angle could not get near Lesnar or McMahon tonight if he didn't want to be suspended, stripped of the title, or fired, but he could fight Big Show in a Street Fight where falls count anywhere."

It bothers me that this is Vince's answer for evreything.

Guest Choken One

In real life logic...Sicing a 7'0 500 lb monster would solve your problems...

I just got back from the show and overall, it wasn't bad. I'm pretty out of it, so everything here is just off the top of my head. The crowd was only really into a few people (like Taker, of course), but aside from that, they got pretty apathetic about everything else.

Seeing Shelton job to Bradshaw was just too annoying, especially since everyone in my section thought it was GREAT. The idiots behind me would go on to prove throughout the night just why most people think wrestling fans are idiots.

Angle was getting plenty of "You suck" chants during his entrance, while Brock got some solid face pops. The "what?" chants during Angle's promo were a pain to listen to, since it meant fans weren't really listening to Angle's pretty emotional promo.

The finish to the Rey/Matt match was sick, as the rana from Rey just planted Matt right on his head, providing quite the disturbing image.

I was distracted most of the match by the guys behind me who insisted that Matt had been nothing since Jeff split (btw, they were talking about Jeff doing a run-in, and were apparently unaware that Jeff wasn't even in WWE anymore), and that Matt was just a "faggot." When they got up later, I noticed the one who had said this was sporting a purple mohawk.

Torrie and Nidia got the most reaction from that pitiful tag match, which shows just how over the wrestlers are.

It was obvious that Gowen's mom was there to try and get more emotion out of the beating Zach was sure to experience. I'll say this, the blade job Zach did was just wicked and when he was getting rolled out of there on the stretcher, the crimson mask and missing leg made him look like he had just been through a bombing. At least this is all helping Brock become that monster heel again.

Cena's rap on Detroit was hilarious, especially when he referred to it as a big crackhouse and that it had more white trash than the Jerry Springer show. I'd like to add that Cena's new shirts is one of the few WWE shirts I would wear out in public. Taker of course got mad pops, but whatever, that match was my bathroom/snack break and I missed the whole thing.

Eddy's lowrider got over well, but Rhyno's the last guy I'd expect to see in one of them. This was probably the best match of the night and even though there were some impressive spots, the crowd was only responsive to some of them.

The street fight was fairly good, all things considered, although the idiots behind me went over the edge here, as one of them was playing Mr. Know-it-all and was insisting that in a street fight, you could get DQ'ed. When asked how he wasn't sure, but he said he thought if you hit the ref. Moron. The biggest pop of the match was obviously the Angle Slam through the table, and that was that. Afterwards, nothing much happened. A drunk looking Big Show left to a small pop and his entrance music. The crowd began leaving as soon as the pinfall took place, though.

Overall, a fairly decent show, and like I've said before, no matter how bad the product is, a live show is always pretty fun. I just wish I had gone to one at WWE's best, since it would have obviously been that much better.

In real life logic...Sicing a 7'0 500 lb monster would solve your problems...

Not against a legitimite wrestler though.

Angle could take anyone on the roster.

If someone would have thought abuot that 5 years ago I bet Angle would have had some moster money making runs.

Well, thats what I'll be watching before SummerSlam now... It will be my first SmackDown in about 2 years! Brock/Gowen! What a way to start off my SmackDown viewing!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Angle was getting plenty of "You suck" chants during his entrance, while Brock got some solid face pops. The "what?" chants during Angle's promo were a pain to listen to, since it meant fans weren't really listening to Angle's pretty emotional promo.

But Brock sucks as a face and no one wants to see him as one, right? They still love Brock, and I'm not in the least surprised. I eagerly await the SummerSlam re-match so I can see the face Champ get out-popped, and Brock's cheating gain him even more support... just like last year.

NOTE: That wasn't directed against BC, just used his quote as an example of how over Brock continues to be.

Well, after he fucking destroyed Gowen, he was getting some heel heat, but I think he needs to learn to cut a decent heel promo or get someone to talk for him before people are going to treat him as a heel. Vince ain't the answer, since Heyman really wasn't.

As for Cena's rap, I prefered the line where he stuck up his three middle fingers and said: "Read between the lines, I'm givin' you the middle finger-Detroit's got more white trash than Jerry Springer."

And fear not, there was some Gowen hatin' in his rap, as well, where he basically told Zach to get used to walking on wooden pegs (this was right after Brock had destroyed Gowen, F'5ing his leg into the post several times, among other things.

I was distracted most of the match by the guys behind me who insisted that Matt had been nothing since Jeff split (btw, they were talking about Jeff doing a run-in, and were apparently unaware that Jeff wasn't even in WWE anymore), and that Matt was just a "faggot." When they got up later, I noticed the one who had said this was sporting a purple mohawk.

I'm all for the fans speaking their minds even if they're wrong, but supporting Jeff while hating Matt for being a "faggot" is hilarious.