TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Kurt Angle's Favorite Wrestler

Guest Ray

You say that as if "talking" is anywhere near as important as wrestling skill.

Benoit's wrestling skill is *SO* much better than Angle's, it makes any mic skills or anything else irrelevant.

Angle's promos are overrated, btw.

I don't think the comparison is really fair.

Only Anglesault is repetively overrating Angle's talents.

Bret tends to have the lips of entire internet "smart" boards attatched firmly to his ass. I would imagine that Angle's favorite wrestler is probably a greco-roman type.

Guest The Old Me

Angle is getting pushed harder than Benoit for a reason, he has the overall skill. That's what average joe-schmoe wrestling fans want, not just technical wrestling.

Guest Ray
Angle is getting pushed harder than Benoit for a reason, he has the overall skill.

No. Angle is pushed because they want to push him.

There is little connection between "overall" talent an receiving a push.

Look at the Steiner, Nash, Big Show, etc....

That's what average joe-schmoe wrestling fans want, not just technical wrestling.

The debate isn't about what average fans want.

Benoit is a better wrestler than Angle. That's the point I'm arguing here.

Benoit is a better WRESTLER.

Guest The Old Me
Benoit is a better WRESTLER.

I agree with that. My point is that Kurt has the better package to make it in the industry.

Benoit's wrestling skill is *SO* much better than Angle's, it makes any mic skills or anything else irrelevant.

-----------------------------------------------------

There is little connection between "overall" talent an receiving a push.

Look at the Steiner, Nash, Big Show, etc....

Steiner, Nash and the Big Show are names. Sure it has nothing to do with their talent...because they combine for about as much skill as Angle and Benoit's testicles.

And as far as who is better between Angle and Benoit, I'd say this is an arguable point, but there's no way it will ever be solved. Although you are a bit too pushy with your love for Benoit, and you really can't back anything up by just saying "No. You're wrong. Benoit is better." And that's really all you've said throughout this thread. And Benoit is not "*SO* much better" as you claim...you're acting as if Angle is on the level of someone such as the aforementioned Nash, Steiner and Big Show. You and I both know that's complete bullshit -- if Angle's not the best (I'm not going to say that he is because you'll just go on a tirade about how great Benoit is), he's damn close.

Guest Ray
And as far as who is better between Angle and Benoit, I'd say this is an arguable point, but there's no way it will ever be solved.

It can be solved....by watching his matches.

A quick way is to compare their matches with the same opponents:

Benoit/Austin > Angle/Austin

Benoit/Rock > Angle/Rock

Benoit/HHH > Angle/HHH

Benoit/Guerrero > Angle/Guerrero

Benoit/Jericho > Angle/Jericho

Benoit/Big Show > Angle/Big Show

Although you are a bit too pushy with your love for Benoit, and you really can't back anything up by just saying "No. You're wrong. Benoit is better." And that's really all you've said throughout this thread.

Benoit is a smarter worker. Better selling, better pacing, doesn't get blown up or lost as easily, Benoit can tell a better story, Benoit has better matches with the same opponents, etc...

And Benoit is not "*SO* much better" as you claim...

Benoit's Japanese work blows away Angle's WWE work.

you're acting as if Angle is on the level of someone such as the aforementioned Nash, Steiner and Big Show. You and I both know that's complete bullshit --

I never said or implied that.

if Angle's not the best (I'm not going to say that he is because you'll just go on a tirade about how great Benoit is), he's damn close.

Well, Benoit IS great, so of course I'd "go on a tirade" about it. Currently, Angle may be close....but based on their entire careers, there's no question:

Benoit > Angle

Guest Ray
Ray maybe some of those wrestlers were just "on" in some of those matches. Ray its not always a damn carry.

I never said those were carries. ;)

Here's an explanation:

Say we have three wrestlers, Wrestler A, Wrestler B, and Wrestler X.

Wrestler X has consistant performances. If Wrestler A faces Wrestler X and has a good match, and Wrestler B faces Wrestler X and has a great match, does that not make Wrestler B better than Wrestler A ? :huh:

^yes. and if we add A and B, we won't get X, because A and B are two seperate integers, whereas if one wrestler was twice as good as the other, we could have A and 2A, and those two would add together to equal Bret Hart.

Guest The Old Me
And as far as who is better between Angle and Benoit, I'd say this is an arguable point, but there's no way it will ever be solved.

It can be solved....by watching his matches.

A quick way is to compare their matches with the same opponents:

Benoit/Austin > Angle/Austin

Benoit/Rock > Angle/Rock

Benoit/HHH > Angle/HHH

Benoit/Guerrero > Angle/Guerrero

Benoit/Jericho > Angle/Jericho

Benoit/Big Show > Angle/Big Show

Although you are a bit too pushy with your love for Benoit, and you really can't back anything up by just saying "No. You're wrong. Benoit is better." And that's really all you've said throughout this thread.

Benoit is a smarter worker. Better selling, better pacing, doesn't get blown up or lost as easily, Benoit can tell a better story, Benoit has better matches with the same opponents, etc...

And Benoit is not "*SO* much better" as you claim...

Benoit's Japanese work blows away Angle's WWE work.

you're acting as if Angle is on the level of someone such as the aforementioned Nash, Steiner and Big Show. You and I both know that's complete bullshit --

I never said or implied that.

if Angle's not the best (I'm not going to say that he is because you'll just go on a tirade about how great Benoit is), he's damn close.

Well, Benoit IS great, so of course I'd "go on a tirade" about it. Currently, Angle may be close....but based on their entire careers, there's no question:

Benoit > Angle

Okay, Austin had better matches with Angle than Benoit. IMO, Angle has had better matches with Show than Benoit.

You can say that Benoit is the better wrestler, which I have agreed to, all you want. He'll NEVER have a place on the card like Angle.

Guest TheGame2705

Yes, Benoit smokes Bret. Except ones made tons of money and one hasn't.

Benoit is a better worker/wrestler than Angle, but Angle is a far better promo man, and his much better on the mic than Benoit or alot of people on the roster in fact.

You also all forget that Angle has only been wrestling (pro) for a few years, while Benoit has spent over a decade in the ring. Angle will get better, despite his neck injury (which hasn't seemed to severely hamper Benoit's style.)

Guest Burning Hammer

It is incredibly unfair to take a guys overseas work and compare it to another guy who has never worked overseas. Who is to say that if Angle went to Japan that he wouldn't have had better matches than Benoit did while he was in Japan?

If we look at their WWE work they are about equal in the quality of the matches. They both had great matches with Austin, they both had great matches with Rock, They both have worked well with Jericho, and they both have worked well with each other. The only real diference point here would be HHH. Benoit had a great match with HHH and Angle did not, but I blame that more on the heel/heel booking and the mishandling of the love triangle storyline than anything else.

Angle has had better crowd reactions because of his great mic skills and his consistent push. Benoit has never had the consistent push that Angle has and his mic skills are not as good although he is solid on the mic.

If I had to rate Hart, Benoit, Angle based off of their WWE work alone I would have to say its a push. Hart got a good match out of Isaac Yankem evil dentist before he could do anything, Angle gets good performances out of the Big Show and has worked extremely well with talented but green Brock Lesnar. Benoit tried his damndest to pull RVD to a 5 star match by trying to make Rob sell for the whole match, which he damn near completed. Benoit also helped make Haas and Benjamin look like damn fine wrestlers during the beginning of their WWE run.

I don't see where you can say one of these guys is better in the ring than the other.

Let's all just take a quick second and think of the Dream Match of ALL Dream Matches.........

Kurt Angle  vs.  Bret 'Hitman' Hart

Yeah, that would be great. A bloated steroid freak against a tired, bitter, crippled old man.

Just kidding. Honestly! (ducks) :ph34r: