TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Guest Memphis
So what are the four Costumes for RVD? (THE fucker has over 205 variations)...I'd take the all Blue one, the Yellow one and the Tiger Print...

Tiger Print Van Dam tights are possibly one of the coolest I've ever seen.

Wish he could match his tights in terms of quality.

Ah, I'll have fun Pedigreeing his ass over and over and over again.

M

Guest BDC

When SYM came out, the guys on my floor (myself included) here at school spent about four days (total) creating all the characters. Some of them were interesting (My Rampage character was a mix of Lesnar and Vader) while some were just downright weird (A team called the Tower of Steve?).

Regardless, ever since No Mercy, I've been all about using a created character. Always. Screw using real people, I want my own friggin' moveset.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

The tiger RVD tights rule, but it's the whole "Here are my genitals" vibe it gives that sours me on them.

This game looks better the more i see it. Fucking better. I'm postponing leaving for college for a good 3-5 days just so i can play it for a good length of time. Sad? Damn right, but i won't be seeing video games (or wrestling for that matter) for at least 4 months.

It better be worth it.

I dunno, any lighter coloured RVD tights already have me soured due to the ridiculous amount of "ass crack sweat" that the guy produces. *gag*

Anyone going to post The Rock stuff? As usual, IGN's media page is telling me the most recent stuff posted involves Edge and Booker T, so I am a slave to IBM's updating of this thread with direct links.

Guest Memphis
I dunno, any lighter coloured RVD tights already have me soured due to the ridiculous amount of "ass crack sweat" that the guy produces. *gag*

They don't call them 'tights' for nothing.

Nature M

Hooray!

Anyway, anyone all psyched for today's WOD.. RODNEY MACK?!

Actually, in a way, yes. I hope they have his new entrance theme in there.. it's a lil catchy, IMO.

Someone on IRC told me that, in shock of shocks, IGN actually posted the Wrestler of the Day DURING THE DAY instead of waiting until almsot 7pm when I'm gone to work. I'll have to check and see if I can access it, or if, as usual, I'll get a media page telling me about Edge and Booker T.

I dunno dude, the media page works for me. For some reason Booker & Edge are ALWAYS at the top of that page, but the new stuff is right underneath them. There are screenshots of Mack up there right now under the Booker T stuff.

smackdownhctp_100303_rodmack_13.jpg

They gave him the botched tiger driver move he did on Al Snow. They fall on their head and he leans over to cheak on them while doing an awkward pin.

No Mack dancing on his intro though.

Well, yesterday I noticed Rock stuff was under Edge stuff, but there was no entrance video. Sometimes I notice when I hit refresh or come back from watching one video, the whole list shuffles around, things get added or removed... I really don't understand how that page works at times.

I just watched the Rikishi entrance vid... and not that I really care about Rikishi, but I wonder why they gave him Scotty's music instead of his own?

Because the Too Cool is stock / licensed music (much like Booker T's), I guess they fucked up on the licensing issues again that or Vince didn't want to pay for theme.

Remember when they were able to get ALL of the music in? It wasn't unti SYM, I believe, that they started to redo wrestlers music to avoid licensing. Matt and Jeff HArdy, for example.

I don't why I just noticed this now, but it seems they removed ring announcing and commentary.

They could never get commentary quite right (although SYM was a big improvement over JBI), but I always was a fan of the ring intodructions.

I don't why I just noticed this now, but it seems they removed ring announcing and commentary.

They could never get commentary quite right (although SYM was a big improvement over JBI), but I always was a fan of the ring intodructions.

Pretty sure I heard that commentary and Ring Announcing are still in, but will be the last things added to the game.

Annoying doesn;t even begin to describe it.

I hope they have more matches on each PPV or tv show.. six would be perfect though five or even four would be a big improvement

Any idea on what some of the CAW stuff will look like? I'd think the Hogan & Warrior templates would be in there.

Pretty sure I heard that commentary and Ring Announcing are still in, but will be the last things added to the game.

They never do it right and it adds nothing to the game. They should just skip it.

I don't mind the commentary; the SYM commentary was the best they could possible do, even capturing the senility of Ross & Lawler ("Rhyno is an ANIMAL!", "Undertaker is quite possibly the most evil Hardcore Champion of all time" while he's the fucking Undisputed champ, etc). There's no way it could be any better than that, i fear.

Just thought of it, but there's no chance in hell of a tag season, is there? That's one of the things I'd love, but i'm cursed with a knowledge of never getting or keeping stuff I'd enjoy.

Edited by The Decadent Slacker