TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

I never actually thought they would put Edit A Wrestler in, It's been promised a few times before and they always pull it last minute.

Though I wish it was, because then I'd have something like 40 extra CAW spots.

And no doubt someone will get offended if they see a women bleeding in the game.

And--this is a reason not to do so why exactly? There's no "right to not be offended" in the Constitution. Fuck the wussies. Everyone bleeds. You want idiots to play this game and think if you beat the hell out of women they WON'T bleed, so it's okay?

If there's controversy about it, well, they only bleed if you go into exhibition mode and do it yourself, no one is making you to do so. Plus, the controversy would sell more copies anyway.

I never actually thought they would put Edit A Wrestler in, It's been promised a few times before and they always pull it last minute.

Though I wish it was, because then I'd have something like 40 extra CAW spots.

Indeed. Randy Orton--goodbye. So long, Batista. Adios, Goldberg.

You can still edit movesets and pretend that they're actually different wrestlers. In Just Bring It I made Albert "Little Vader" and Test became "Heavy Metal Windham."

And no doubt someone will get offended if they see a women bleeding in the game.

And--this is a reason not to do so why exactly? There's no "right to not be offended" in the Constitution. Fuck the wussies. Everyone bleeds. You want idiots to play this game and think if you beat the hell out of women they WON'T bleed, so it's okay?

If there's controversy about it, well, they only bleed if you go into exhibition mode and do it yourself, no one is making you to do so. Plus, the controversy would sell more copies anyway.

It's a reason to Yukes. They don't want anyone making complaints about the game for one.

And lets not forget all those 'anti violence to women' groups, who'd jump all over the game until it got taken out. Believe me, some of these crackpots think if 'Little Timmy' sees Chris Jericho bust Stacy Keibler open with a steel chair on a video game, then he'll run off and crack his mom with the nearest peice off liftable furniture.

I know women bleed, I have Survivor Series 99 on video where Lita gets busted open. And I don't agree with it being left out. But I can see why they've done it.

I know women bleed, I have Survivor Series 99 on video where Lita gets busted open. And I don't agree with it being left out. But I can see why they've done it.

You must be the only with THAT video, because Lita wasn't even in Survivor Series 99. Maybe you meant 2000, or 2001?

I'm still failing to understand how having women bleeding makes the game any more enjoyable. I don't even use the female characters...

If they are going to stick Torrie, Sable, and the like in the game and not allow me the opportunity to make them bleed like any of the male characters, then it's not worth it.

It's a reason to Yukes. They don't want anyone making complaints about the game for one.

And lets not forget all those 'anti violence to women' groups, who'd jump all over the game until it got taken out. Believe me, some of these crackpots think if 'Little Timmy' sees Chris Jericho bust Stacy Keibler open with a steel chair on a video game, then he'll run off and crack his mom with the nearest peice off liftable furniture.

Nearly every fighting game has a plethora of female characters in it. Guess what, you can beat the shit out of women in there too, and many such games feature blood.

Damn, Video Game Goldberg is a million times cooler than real life Goldberg.

I like the way the recent Smackdown games have made the big men into really impressive monsters, Too bad they are all slow and boring in reality

Goldberg looks cool, but he wore those tights ONCE. I sure hope at least ONE game gets his attire correct. that entrance is pretty outdated as well. character model looks good, and I hope we see more entrances with belts (full ones) in games to come. they are a serious part of any federation and should be showcased in games.

I know women bleed, I have Survivor Series 99 on video where Lita gets busted open.

It was actually 2000. Lita was busted pretty bad and then she jobbed to the women's champ at the time, Ivory, who was a member of RTC.

I'm not sure if this is Raw2 or HCTP,so I'll put it in both.

Christian Interview from IGN.

Christian Interview

WWE's IC Champ talks peeps, TLC, and video games.

September 08, 2003 - Excuse me, Intercontinental Champion over here!

Combining athleticism and charisma with down-and-dirty wrestling skills, it's no wonder that Christian and his peeps are slowly taking over the world of professional wrestling. With recent wins over Booker T. for the IC title and Chris Jericho on Raw, Christian's rocketing up the ranks of the superstar elite, and hopes to soon get his shot at the big time and the World Championship belt.

IGN Sports recently caught up with Christian between ass kickings to get his thoughts on everything from video games to his peeps. Here's what the new People's Champ had to say:

IGN Sports: You recently won the Intercontinental Championship at a House Show. How often does something of that magnitude happen away from the cameras?

Christian: Very rarely does that happen. Edge was the last guy to win a belt at a House Show before me, and I've already beat his title reign. He only got to keep his title for one day. I was just excited when day two rolled around and I knew I beat his record. [laughs] It's cool how the Intercontinental title is back, though. It was always one of my favorite titles and it's cool to be able to have it and defend it and that sort of thing.

IGN Sports: And now you'll also get a chance to defend that title in the three new WWE games coming out. How do you think your character has looked in the various video games throughout the years?

Christian: It always amazes me when a new game comes out how true to life they are and how more and more realistic they are getting. They have all of your mannerisms down, your entrance, they even have small details like your wrist tape and things like that. It's really unbelievable. They had me down pretty good in Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth with my old entrance song and everything, but now that my character has even changed again, it'll be interesting to see how they've captured me in the new games coming out.

IGN Sports: What do you think is the most complex move of yours that they have to capture in the games?

Christian: I'm used to getting beat up a lot, so I don't get to use all of my moves. [laughs] I'm just impressed they're able to get my finishing move out there. It's so cool the way they do it, and it really looks perfect in the games that I've seen. That's my favorite thing to do in a game is to be able to get my finisher on someone. It just looks so real.

IGN Sports: Do you play any video games besides the WWE games?

Christian: I just traded in my 2003 copy of Madden for the new 2004 game, so it's time to start my new season in that. I play Madden against Test just about every day. He only has one play that he can beat me with, though, so I usually wipe him out. I also play a lot of Tiger Wood Golf and Knockout Kings. I'm a huge boxing fan, so I've always been a big Knockout Kings player. And of course, being Canadian, I play a lot of NHL. Sports games are my thing.

IGN Sports: Did you play a lot of games growing up as well?

Christian: Going back to Atari I used to play River Raid and Pacman. I used to play the Atari Hockey that looked more like Ping Pong. I actually used to have an old Texas Instruments computer and I used to play Montezuma's Revenge for hours and hours. From that, I went to Sega Genesis and NHL Hockey, and pretty much had all of the systems since then.

IGN Sports: What system do you play the most now?

Christian: I surprise most people when I tell them this, but actually I love the GameCube. It's so small and it's easy to travel with, and since we travel so much, it just fits perfectly in my bag. It's a lot easier to carry it around than the PlayStation 2 which takes up so much space. So I just play my GameCube.

IGN Sports: Is Test your main gaming opponent?

Christian: I actually play Tommy Dreamer a lot. Test lives not too far from me and has a PS2, so I go over to his house and beat him at Madden. But my main road rival is usually Tommy Dreamer. We usually play Madden as well.

IGN Sports: If you could star in another type of video game beyond wrestling, what type of game would you like to be in?

Christian: I think being in a hockey game would be cool. I haven't had the skates on in real life for a couple of years, but growing up I played hockey all of the time. I'd like to think that I can still skate and not embarrass myself.

IGN Sports: Chris Jericho plays in a lot of celebrity games...

Christian: Yeah, I'd love to get in on one of those games sometime.

IGN Sports: Are you as good as Jericho?

Christian: Oh, I'm better than Jericho. [laughs] Easily.

IGN Sports: When you play the wrestling games, do you like to play as yourself or do you prefer to play as one of the other wrestlers?

Christian: I actually like to play as myself, but play against somebody who is also playing as themselves. I'd like to play against Matt hardy in a ladder match. That would be cool. I like to check out how they did all of the intros and finishers, but when it comes to playing through the game, I want to play as myself.

IGN Sports: If you're playing against the computer, are there any opponents that you fear putting the cyber-Christian against?

Christian: I don't fear anyone, and neither does cyber-Christian. Usually when I play against the computer I just close my eyes and pick my opponent at random. That's the fairest way to see who I'm going to beat.

IGN Sports: Obviously, the best part of wrestling games as opposed to real life is not feeling the pain of the moves...

Christian: Not feeling the pain is definitely the best part. Getting beat up and not even feeling it.

IGN Sports: What are some of the injuries you've sustained throughout your career?

Christian: Knock on wood, I haven't had anything too serious. We're banged up all the time, so there's always the shoulder pains and the elbow pains and the stiff neck. I've had broken noses. One time I tried a dive onto the floor and landed on the side of my head and my arm actually went completely numb. I had a pinched nerve in my neck and my arm was just hanging there like a wet noodle. I couldn't use it for anything for like two minutes, it was just hanging there. Luckily, like I said, it ended up just being a pinched nerve. Luckily it wasn't anything too, too major.

IGN Sports: The games now even have all of the match modes like Hell in a Cell and TLC matches. What's your favorite match to perform in real life?

Christian: I'm always partial to the TLC because I feel like I'm somewhat responsible for making it famous along with the Hardy's, Edge, and the Dudley's. We kind of started the whole TLC matches, and in terms of crowd reaction, there's nothing like them. They're hard to do and hurt like hell, but when you sit back and hear the crowd and their appreciation for your work, it makes it all worth it.

IGN Sports: Is there any type of match that you've always wanted to try but haven't had the opportunity yet?

Christian: I've never been in a Hell in a Cell, which I think would be pretty cool. I'd like to try a Hell in a Cell one of these days. I guess for now, I'll have to settle for just doing it in the game. I can start working on my strategy.

IGN Sports: How did you get started as a wrestler?

Christian: I grew up a huge wrestling fan. Myself and Edge grew up together and we basically both wanted to be wrestlers, so we'd both go to the then WWF at the time shows up in Toronto. We used to always talk about becoming wrestlers after school because it was just something we both wanted to do. So we found a wrestling school in Toronto, and when I started going to college, I actually had a student loan, and what I didn't use for tuition, I used to pay for wrestling school. So I'd go to college during the week, then on the weekends I'd go to wrestling school or out to a wrestling event. That's basically how I got started.

IGN Sports: Could you even imagine then that not only would one of you make it, but that you'd both end up being big stars?

Christian: It's weird, you know, for me to end up wrestling with and against guys that I used to watch growing up. Even meeting guys now that show up at an event, and these are guys that I used to watch, and now they know who I am. It's really kind of cool. I always felt like if I applied myself, that I have what it takes to get far, so I just keep working hard and do what I do. It's a cool feeling and it's hard to sometimes sit back and think that I really have accomplished a lot. Plus, it seems to go so fast. Being on the road, the days and months just fly by, and you really don't get a chance to sit down and think about the things you've accomplished, and maybe don't even get that chance until you retire. For now, though, I just want to keep going.

IGN Sports: Who were some of your favorite wrestlers growing up?

Christian: I always liked guys who could really wrestle. Guys like Bret Hart and Cowboy Bob Orton, Ted Dibiase and The Macho Man. Those are the guys I liked to watch.

IGN Sports: If you could wrestle any of the legends in a Main Event, who would you want to go up against?

Christian: Bret Hart. Get both of us in our prime and see what happens. That would be a cool match.

IGN Sports: The games now feature wrestler-specific signs in the crowd. I was wondering what's the funniest sign you ever saw in a crowd that was referring to you?

Christian: There was this one guy recently who had this sign that was really plain, but really funny. This guy was standing there in the crowd and he had an arrow pointing down toward himself and all it said was "Peep". I just found that so funny for some reason. It was the funniest thing.

IGN Sports: Do you mostly spot the signs when you're walking down for your entrance, or can you actually see them from the ring?

Christian: Sometimes you just see them. It's more on the non-televised events where there's not as much pressure as live television, but sometimes you'll see them, or if you watch a replay of the match, you'll see the signs when the camera flashes by. You try to see them all. People go through all of the trouble to make a sign for you, so it's nice if you can see it and acknowledge that person.

IGN Sports: How does one become a peep, anyway?

Christian: [laughs] How does one become a peep? You just have to follow Christian.

IGN Sports: And as all the peeps know, you've won the tag titles, you're now the IC champ, is the World title what you're shooting for next?

Christian: Definitely. I've actually held every title there is to hold except for the World title. I've been the Light Heavyweight champion, seven-time tag team champion, Intercontinental champion, Hardcore champion. That means I just have one belt left to go, and I definitely have my sights set for it.

IGN Sports: So would the dream match be one-on-one, Christian vs. Edge for the WWE title?

Christian: That would be cool, that really would be. I don't know how that would work out, since I'm on Raw and he's on Smackdown, but that's the goal for the future, for that to one day come true.

-- Jon Robinson

christian03.jpg

christian04.jpg

Christian09.jpg

Christian10.jpg

christian16.jpg

christianinline3.jpg

christianinline2.jpg

christianinline1.jpg

Guest Trivia247

How many wrestlers can they get in the ring this time around?

the SD 3 had 8

and SD 4 had 6

Stevie dosen't have the pink trunks....outrage!

Relax dude, there're alternate outfits in this game, remember? ;p

Yeah, i forgot.

Also Golddusts enterance is really cool.

Thats an awesome looking photo of storm getting super kicked and blood going everywhere. I can't wait to do something like that to my friends on the game when it comes out.

::gazes at screenshot of Hurricane/Storm::

::runs to collect money to pre-order::

Guest Trivia247

do they still got Hogan in the game?

and still hope they fix the bugs

and allow people to break submission holds done on someone else. Hate getting locked ina crossface in a tag match and have my tag partner run in and just....stand there.

how about getting a foot or hand on the ropes or something geez.