TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
A Guy Who Injects Heroin Into Kids' Eyes

Your First Live Event

He said it was in his sig, bps...

As often as he posts, it should be easy to find.

<---is too lazy to check his bookmarks

Guest candie45

My first one was the Thanksgiving SD in 1999 with the food fight and everything. I think the main was Rock/Test/Shane vs. DX, and I also remember a cage match between the Hardys and the New Age Outlaws. I had a lot of fun, probably one of the best times I've had at a wrestling event.

Well I saw the 'Superstars of Wrestling' in my hometown of Hobart, which was a HUGE letdown apart from the appearances of LOD and MR F'N PERFECT. Perfect beat Tatanka with a Perfectplex in the ME, and that was the only suplex all night! LOD beat Public Enemy in a tables match.

My second live event was by far one of the greatest nights of my life. 56,000 people, a Colonial Stadium record, the atmosphere was unlike anything I had ever been a part of. It was about two weeks before SummerSlam last year, August 10. Angle gave Test what was one of the best wrestling matches that Test has ever been in, Rey Rey and Kidman tore the house down in a Tag Title match with the other UnAmericans, and in the main event, Rocky beat Triple H and Brock in a Triple Threat Match for the Undisputed Title. It was brilliant, and I got great photos of Edge, Rock and Triple H. I will never forget it as long as I live.

Guest Dynamite Kido

here is the card to the first ever show I went to (at least what I remember)

Main Event

Savage vs. Razor Ramon

British Bulldog vs. HBK - IC Title match

Natural Disasters vs. Money Inc.

Skinner vs. Tito Santana

Jim Powers vs. Brooklyn Brawler

yea, it was DEFINATELY worth it.....I was 12 at the time and the Bulldog/HBK match actually was my favorite match even back then.......

It was so long ago, but my first match was at the Halifax Forum. The Macho Man was the wwf champion and he beat Dino Bravo with a classic roll up, though I was hoping for the flying elbow. Also I saw Haku, the bushwackers, UT (who is incredible to see live, much better than on tv).

I had a great time, and yes I was a mark at the time, but looking back, I would probably still enjoy the show had I seen it today.

Depending on how long ago the event was, Rajah has a good collection, but they stopped in September of 2001.

For more recent results, I suggest to you the Wrestling Observer or Lordsofpain.net

My website > Rajah & LOP put together (that's a greater-than sign, btw)

This is just a shill post for those looking for my sig...

As an addition to the post on my first show, two months later I saw HBK vs. Perfect in a rematch. By this time, Diesel had been brought in and Shawn actually got the pin with the superkick after Diesel tripped up the challenger. This was the final match on the card and I was livid that Perfect lost (I always thought he would easily kill HBK and win the title, given the chance) and I had to go home on a down note. Truth be told, I wanted to cuss like I had tourrett's but, being two weeks away from turning 12, I don't think the parents would have enjoyed that.

Thanks Cawthorn. You reminded me that youhad that site, and I could put the actual card for my first event.

WWF @ Philadelphia, PA - Spectrum - November 6, 1994

Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Adam Bomb

Duke Drose defeated Nikolai Volkoff

The Smoking Gunns defeated the Heavenly Bodies

WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated Jim Neidhart

IRS defeated Bob Holly

WWF Tag Team Champion Diesel defeated Fatu

Lex Luger fought Tatanka to a double disqualification

The Undertaker defeated Yokozuna in a casket match

Oh, and though not mentioned there, there was also a Bob Backlund promo there.

This is the card from the USWA show-

The American Eagle & Billy McCallahan beat The Hawk & Leon Downs.

Miss Texas beat Luna Vachon.

USWA Tag Champs The Dog Catchers NC Moondogs Spike & Cujo.

Brian Christopher beat Chris Adams.

PG-13 beat Jimmy Valiant & Super Mario.

Jeff Jarrett beat The Vampire Warrior.

Jerry Lawler beat Paul Neighbors in a "stretcher" match.

Lex Luger beat Yokozuna.

i've just been to one event, but just because i live outside of the US.

It was the Christmas Raw of 2001 in Florida, when Jericho defeated Angle & The Rock(who was CRAZY over) in a triple threat. Great match.

at least i got to see Jericho as Champ :)

Thanks Cawthorn. You reminded me that youhad that site, and I could put the actual card for my first event.

Yeah, I'm suprised he doesn't have my first event listed either since it was only last year. D: Ah well, here we go...

WWE Raw @ Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena - June 17, 2002

Dark Match:

Shelton Benjamin defeated John Cena (Prototype)

Sunday Night Heat (didn't air, live PPV Heat that weekend)

Bradshaw defeated Justin Credible

William Regal defeated Tommy Dreamer

Raw:

KOTR Quarterfinal: Rob Van Dam defeats X-Pac when Booker T interfered and gave X-Pac the Bookend.

Jeff Hardy defeats Raven with Swanton Bomb

Christopher Nowinski defeats Spike Dudley with a powerbomb

Trish Stratus & D'Lo Brown defeat Crash & Molly Holly with a Sky Hi

Undertaker defeats Matt Hardy with the Last Ride

KOTR Quarterfinal: Brock Lesnar defeats Booker T with F-5

Guest Goodear

This was mine...

WWF @ Philadelphia, PA - Spectrum - April 28, 1990

Al Perez defeated Mark Young

Koko B. Ware defeated the Brooklyn Brawler

Dino Bravo defeated the Red Rooster

The Warlord defeated Tito Santana

The Big Bossman pinned Ted Dibiase

Greg Valentine & the Honky Tonk Man defeated the Bushwhackers via disqualification

WWF World Champion the Ultimate Warrior defeated Mr. Perfect

Fun times, my dad ended up winning tickets on a radio contest so it was all for free. Plus my mom ended up sitting next to a former work-out partner of Virgil's who was all 'Virgil, psshh, his name's MIKE!"

Plus I got a Bushwackers hat... SCORE.

Guest undisputedjericho

SmackDown!

Madison Square Garden

December 5, 2000

Dark Matches

Haas Brothers d. Mean Street Posse

Essa Rios d. Chris Chetti

Sunday Night Heat

Tazz d. Crash

Too Cool d. Lo Down

Perry Saturn d. Taka Michinoku

Chris Benoit d. Steve Blackman

SmackDown!

Val Venis & Ivory d. Chyna & Billy Gunn

Molly Holly d. Trish Stratus by DQ

Chris Jericho & Hardcore Holly d. Kane & William Regal

Road Dogg & K-Kwik d. Edge & Christian

WWF Championship

Kurt Angle © vs. The Rock vs. Steve Austin vs. Undertaker; No contest

Road To WrestleMania

Madison Square Garden

March 24, 2001

Light Heavyweight Championship

Crash Holly © d. Dean Malenko

Hardcore Championship

Raven © defeated Billy Gunn

Women's Championship

Ivory © defeated Molly Holly

Edge & Christian d. the Acolytes

Intercontinental Championship

Chris Jericho © d. Eddie Guerrero

X-Pac & Justin Credible d. Hardy Boys

European Championship

Test © d. Val Venis

Tag Team Championship

Dudley Boys © d. Goodfather & Bull Buchanan

Chris Benoit d. Perry Saturn

Main Event

Steve Austin, The Undertaker, & Kane d. Kurt Angle, Big Show, & HHH

King of the Ring 2001

East Rutherford, NJ

June 24, 2001

SmackDown!

East Rutherford, NJ

November 5, 2001

Dark matches not included...but Brock and Rico had matches.

Sunday Night Heat

Billy Kidman d. Spike Dudley

Scotty 2 Hotty & Albert d. Hugh Morrus & Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Chuck Palumbo & Billy Gunn d. Raven & Justin Credible

Edge d. Diamond Dallas Page

SmackDown!:

WCW Tag Team Championship

Dudley Boyz © d. the Acolytes

Intercontinental Championship

Test © d. Matt Hardy

WCW Championship

The Rock © d. Booker T by DQ

Jeff Hardy & Lita d. Lance Storm & Ivory

Christian (European Champion) d. Tajiri (Cruiserweight Champion)

The Undertaker d. Steve Austin (WWF Champion) & Kurt Angle (US Champion)

Mine was way back during the boom period in the mid-80s (1987). I went to a house show in Farmland, Indiana, a small town 20-odd miles east of Muncie. This was during the days that the WWF had enough wrestlers to have three tours going at the same time. Still, the fact that Farmland got a house show at its high school kind of intrigues me.

I don't remember much aside from the main events being Greg Valentine versus Brutus Beefcake, and the British Bulldogs beating whoever they were booked against that night. I want to say the Islanders, or even the Hart Foundation, but I honestly don't remember.

There was only one no-show: Danny Spivey. I was a bit of a Spivey mark when I was 11, so I was a little disappointed.

-Ben

PG-13 beat Jimmy Valiant & Super Mario.

...SUPER MARIO?

...why am I suddenly picturing "Mario Wrestling"?

Nunzio's next gimick :(

Well...if that causes feuds with A-Train and Brock Lesnar...

Which is Donkey Kong and Which is Bowser though?

My first live event was this odd WCW attempt at an Internet only PPV in 1996 or 1997. It was pretty good as they had a decent DDP/Raven match as well as a Booker T/Benoit match (around the time of the Best of 7 seven series), they were supposed to have Flair in the main event (he couldn't make it for whatever reason) so they replaced it with a Nash/Giant main event which ended with a DQ win for Giant after Nash kicked him in the groin. Little Naitch took a lazybomb after that and it was the end.

First live event: Summerslam '94. I took my dad to see this. He doesn't really like wrestling, but it was great father/son bonding.

First house show:

WWF @ Hampton, VA - Coliseum - October 1, 1998

Too Much defeated the Hardy Boyz

Val Venis & Sable defeated Marc Mero & WWF Women's Champion Jackie after a Sable Bomb on Jackie

Headbangers defeated Kurrgan and Golga

WWF European Champion D'lo Brown defeated X-Pac by reverse decision after X-Pac used the belt to pin D'lo

WWF Tag Team Champions New Age Outlaws defeated Jeff Jarrett (substituting for Mark Canterbury) and Dennis Knight

Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman defeated Owen Hart and Mark Henry

The Rock defeated Mankind and Kane in a triple threat cage match

Edge jerked the curtain on this show; he beat some jobber whose name I don't remember. I remember this because we got lost trying to find our seats, and almost walked into him when he was heading towards the ring (he still did the crowd entrance back then). I also remember this show because I took my ex-wife to this show, and it was pretty much the last "fun" thing we did together before we split up.

WM7 when I was 9 or 10, I was a huge WWF mark at the time and It was alot of fun to see The Rockers, Hogan, Mr. Perfect, Bossman live.

You were only nine years old in 1991?

Thanks for making me feel old... :(

Guest Gatornibs

11/4/94- Seattle Washington

Yokozuna vs Undertaker in a Casket Match

Bret Hart vs Jim Neidhart for World Belt

Razor Ramon vs Jeff Jarrett

IRS vs Bob Holly

Adam Bomb vs ??

As always, thanks to Cawthon's site:

WWF @ Richfield, OH - Coliseum - June 25, 1989 (I was 6 at the time)

Mark Young defeated Iron Mike Sharpe

The Barbarian defeated Jim Neidhart

Jimmy Snuka defeated the Honkytonk Man

WWF Tag Team Champions Demolition defeated the Big Bossman & Akeem

Mr. Perfect defeated Koko B. Ware

Bad News Brown defeated Paul Roma

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan defeated Randy Savage

I have an MSG tape of Mark Young; he was acrobatic and green. It was hard to buy him as a professional wrestler at the time.

One half of the Hart Foundation comes to town, and it's Jimbo. Oy!

I was a huge mark for Jimmy Snuka, so I'd imagine this was a markout match for me.

The Demos/Towers match was the match I was most looking forward to. I bought a Demolition poster and was actually a big fan of Slick and Akeem's gimmick. The Bossman added the mean streak that the team needed.

Mr. Perfect comes to town and, in what I would imagine, a quick squash for the Perfect One.

Brown/Roma . . . Another ****1/4 classic.

And, the MAIN EVENT . . . I remember the place going ballistic for this one. However, due to what had happened in weeks/months passes, I couldn't suspend my belief long enough to think Savage had a chance. That, and having my mom profess that Savage didn't have a chance because it was the last match of the night didn't help either. Boy, did she go all out to ruin a perfectly nice evening.

Edited by MillenniumMan831

June 1989 at Maple Leaf Gardens

WWF Champion Hulk Hogan d. Randy Savage

Mr. Perfect fought Bret Hart to a 20 minute time limit draw

WWF Tag Team Champions Demolition d. The Fabulous Rougeaus

Rick Martel d. Tito Santana

Jake Roberts d. Ted Dibiase via DQ after Dibiase hit Roberts with a chair

Virgil got the Damien treatment

The Bushwhackers d. The Brainbusters, when Tully pinned Arn. I still don't know how that worked.

Dino Bravo d. Hercules

Paul Roma d. Boris Zhukov

EDIT: Greg Valentine d. Ron Garvin. I always forget about this match.

Edited by Kahran Ramsus

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

My first event was in 1987 at Kemper Arena at Kansas City.

I can't remember the whole card but here is what I remember:

***Steelcage Match***

Hulk Hogan vs. Harley Race

Hart Foundation vs. British Bulldogs

Greg Valentine vs. Junkyard Dog

Paul Orndorff vs. Billy Jack Haynes

Islanders vs. Pedro Morales & Tito Santana

Cowboy Bob Orton vs. S.D. Jones

Butch Reed vs. Lanny Poffo

11/4/94- Seattle Washington

Yokozuna vs Undertaker in a Casket Match

Bret Hart vs Jim Neidhart for World Belt

Razor Ramon vs Jeff Jarrett

IRS vs Bob Holly

Adam Bomb vs ??

I don't know if this is the full card but maybe it will be of some help.

WWF @ Seattle, WA - November 5, 1994

Adam Bomb pinned Pierre (sub. for Bam Bam Bigelow)

Lex Luger fought Tatanka to a double count-out

WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated Jim Neidhart with the Sharpshooter; Bob Backlund tried to get at Hart after the match

IRS pinned Bob Holly by using the ropes for leverage

WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon pinned Jeff Jarrett with the Razor's Edge

The Undertaker defeated Yokozuna in a casket match

Thanks, Cawthon for the website, you refreshed my memory now. My WWE live events in my life so far were:

WrestleMania IX - Las Vegas, NV - Caesar's Palace - April 4, 1993

El Matador defeated Papa Shango (Dark Match)

Pay-per-view bouts:

Tatanka (w/ Sensational Sherri) defeated WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels (w/ Luna Vachon) via count-out at 18:14; after the match, Luna attacked Sherri

Rick & Scott Steiner defeated the Headshrinkers (w/ Afa) at 14:22 after Scott hit the Frankensteiner on Samu

Doink the Clown pinned Crush at 8:27 after a second Doink interfered and broke a prosthetic arm over Crush's head

Razor Ramon pinned Bob Backlund at 3:45 with an inside cradle

WWF Tag Team Champions Ted Dibiase & IRS defeated Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake (w/ Jimmy Hart) via disqualification at 18:43 after the champions used Beefcake's steel mask as a weapon while the referee was knocked out

Lex Luger pinned Mr. Perfect with a backslide even though Perfect's feet were touching the ropes; after the match, Luger knocked Perfect out with the running forearm; Perfect went looking for Luger after waking up and instead was jumped from behind by Shawn Michaels.

The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) defeated the Giant Gonzalez (w/ Harvey Wippleman) via disqualification when Gonzalez smothered Taker with a rag soaked in Chloraphorm; Taker was stretchered out of the ring but soon came stumbling back, sending Gonzalez out of the ring

Yokozuna (w/ Mr. Fuji) pinned WWF World Champion Bret Hart to win the title after Fuji threw salt in Hart's eyes as the Sharpshooter was applied; after the match, Hulk Hogan disputed the title change and was issued a challenge for an immediate title match, which he accepted.

Hulk Hogan pinned WWF World Champion Yokozuna (w/ Mr. Fuji) to win the title with the legdrop at around the 28 second mark after Fuji accidentally threw salt in his man's eyes

WWF @ Las Vegas, NV - Thomas & Mack Center - August 17, 2001

William Regal defeated Justin Credible

WWF IC Champion Lance Storm defeated Edge (after Christian Speared Edge by mistake. Christian was Super Kicked out of the ring before Lance got the pinfall victory.)

WWF Hardcore Champion Jeff Hardy defeated Rob Van Dam

Chris Jericho defeated Rhyno via submission (Rhyno missed the Gore and then put into the Walls of Jericho. He tapped out, but his "official" loss to Jericho through happened at SS.)

The Big Show, Billy Gunn, Albert, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Hardcore &

Crash Holly defeated Sean O'Haire, Chuck Palumbo, Tommy

Dreamer, Shawn Stasiak, Mike Awesome, & Hugh Morrus (Yeah, you read that right, it was a TWELVE man tag match).

Matt Hardy & Lita defeated Hurricane Helms & Ivory (by doing the Twist of Fates on their opponents and getting the pinfall wins simutaneously.)

The Acolytes & Spike Dudley defeated the Dudley Boyz & Test

Booker T Promo - Funny funny stuff, we needed this. He came down the aisle and didn't seem to happy with Tony Chimmel's introduction, so Booker walks all the way back and enters to "The WCW Champion and the most electrifying man in sports entertainment!" This time, Booker walked down again to his song, cut a funny promo starting with "The BOOK has finally come back to VEGAS!!!" Then it was about how he was gonna beat the Rock at SummerSlam, did a spinaroonie and more fun stuff. Booker had me entertained. Crowd ate it up chanting Rocky, but that night as the Rock didn't show up! I was laughing my ass off more to that.

WCW Cruiserweight Champion X-Pac defeated WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Tajiri in a non-title match (by hitting Tajiri with one of the belts and getting the pinfall victory)

Kurt Angle, the Undertaker, & Kane defeated Diamond Dallas Page, WCW U.S. Champion Kanyon, & WWF World Champion Steve Austin (when Undertaker gave Kanyon the Last Ride for the win)

WWE (Raw) @ Albuquerque, NM - Pit - June 1, 2003

WWE IC Champion Christian pinned Booker T by holding onto the ring ropes for leverage

WWE Women's Champion Jazz defeated Victoria, Jackie, and Ivory in an elimination match; order of elimination: Jackie, Victoria, Jazz defeated Ivory via submission (through the STF)

Goldust & Maven defeated Mark Jindrak & Lance Storm

Rico (w/ Jackie Gayda) pinned Lance Cade after hitting him with after hitting him with that one kick where he smacks them in the face with the back of his thigh while he holds one of their arms in between his legs. This would be the last time I ever saw Rico as the evil fashion stylist guru and the first time he was paired with Miss Jackie.

Christopher Nowinski & Rodney Mack defeated the Dudley Boyz when Mack pinned D-Von after Nowinski used his face mask as a weapon; after the bout, Spike Dudley helped make the save

WWE Raw Tag Team Champions Rob Van Dam & Kane defeated Sylvian Grenier & Rene Dupree following the chokeslam / five star frogsplash combo

Val Venis defeated Test (by using a variation of the Rock Bottom where the closer shoulder is grabbed instead)

WWE Raw World Champion Triple H defeated Kevin Nash via reverse decision; Nash had originally won the match and title but the change was nullified since the challenger used the belt as a weapon to get the pin

WWF @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - June 26, 2001

Essa Rios defeated Jerry Lynn

Low Ki defeated an unknown

Sunday Night Heat:

Justin Credible defeated K-Kwick

Rhyno defeated Raven

Dean Malenko defeated Taka Michinoku

Hardcore Holly defeated Test via disqualification after Test used the ring bell as a weapon

Smackdown:

Edge & Christian defeated X-Pac & Billy Gunn

Albert pinned WWF IC Champion Kane to win the title in a No DQ match after Diamond Dallas Page interfered

WWF Tag Team Champions the Dudley Boyz fought Matt & Jeff Hardy to a no contest in a tables match when Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo interfered; after the bout, O'Haire and Palumbo were attacked in the ring by many other WWF wrestlers

Spike Dudley & Molly Holly defeated Crash Holly & Jackie

The Big Show defeated Perry Saturn

Chris Jericho & Scotty 2 Hotty defeated William Regal & Tajiri