TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

Rob Conway AKA "Evil Air Force Guy"

Guest JMA

In case you didn't know (and who cares if you did), Rob Conway was the Evil Air Force Guy who joined La Res. What did you think of the segment? I, for one, thought it made no sense. Why would JR not reconize an OVW star? And why exactly would Conway join La Res? I was under the impression he was American.

The whole angle just seemed really bad.

Guest Askewniverse

My guess is that they didn't have anything better. If they really wanted Conway to be in a stable, they should have sent him to Smackdown to recreate The Revolution with the Bashams.

Why would JR not reconize an OVW star?

The haircut. It really threw him off. ;)

Guest Trivia247
In case you didn't know (and who cares if you did), Rob Conway was the Evil Air Force Guy™ who joined La Res. What did you think of the segment? I, for one, thought it made no sense. Why would JR not reconize an OVW star? And why exactly would Conway join La Res? I was under the impression he was American.

maybe he is a french descended American Turncoat. lol

In case you didn't know (and who cares if you did), Rob Conway was the Evil Air Force Guy™ who joined La Res. What did you think of the segment? I, for one, thought it made no sense. Why would JR not reconize an OVW star? And why exactly would Conway join La Res? I was under the impression he was American.

This sounds very markish.

When does JR reconize ANYONE when they debut? I'm sure he's seen everyone before and has had meetings and such with them, yet when they show up on WWE TV, he plays them off as strangers and newcomers.

(EX) Rico, 3 Minute Warning, Brock, La Res...etc

Really, just think about it...

This angle has "Future Wrestlecrap of the Week" written all over it. Technically, OVW doesn't exist in the minds of RAW commentaters, so that's why JR didn't say anything about Conway. That gimmick is so lame it's not even funny.

Guest JMA
This sounds very markish.

When does JR reconize ANYONE when they debut? I'm sure he's seen everyone before and has had meetings and such with them, yet when they show up on WWE TV, he plays them off as strangers and newcomers.

(EX) Rico, 3 Minute Warning, Brock, La Res...etc

Really, just think about it...

Markish? I don't think so. Maybe smarkish would be a better term. He did reconize Lesnar and some others, I believe.

It took him a few minutes to recognise Brock.

He was just like: That's ummm uhhh- I think that's "free agent" Brock Lesnar.

And the only reason he did was because Brock was some sought afrer free agent

He was just like: That's ummm uhhh- I think that's "free agent" Brock Lesnar.

Ring Of Honor was wanting Brock Lesnar too? I thought WWE didn't acknowledge Indy promotions, even in a subtle manner. That's the only explanation I can think of for JR calling Lesnar a "free agent", unless JR was just being his usual, senile self.

Duh, HE may be American, but the gimmick he's playing might not be that of an American. Use your imagination you pud.

Guest Trivia247

Hell under the same premise JR should have known La Resistance wasn't really french

and Shaniqua wasn't a Dominatrix

Guest Korgath

I think it's a lot better to have Conway debut like that, compared to the less than stunning debuts of Jindrak, Cade and the "Bashams". Don't even get me started on Gail Kim.

At least the writing team bothered to give Conway some proper "character" with automatic heel heat.

Guest JMA

So, is La Resistance going to form a stable now? Or will Conway just toggle between wrestler and manager? Or it could just be an excuse to have a bunch of three way matches. Personally, I would have brought in someone like Carl Oulette, Pierre Lafitte, or Jacques Rougeou to manage La Resistance.

Guest JMA
La Resistance is a fucking horrible gimmick. They should be getting rid of it and not adding to it.

Don't worry, it won't last forever.

Guest Trivia247

Hell they need to break down and Rehire the Ultimate French Canadian..

RICK MARTEL!

he can manage them with

Spray...spray...

Arrogance!