TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Use Your Illusion

Paul Bearer rips into WWE...

From Bearer's site

McWRESTLING IS KILLING ME !

For the second time in my 40-years as an avid wrestling fan I did the unthinkable. I turned off a wrestling television program last night. The first time was less than a year ago when WWE had Hunter Helmsley humping a “corpse” in a casket. This time it was just as disgusting. Eric Bischoff sexually assaulting Linda McMahon in her home office. What in the hell is going on in Stamford, CT? Were they writing this trash during last week’s blackout or something?

The last time I checked, the marquee read “Wrestling”, not “McWrestling.” Yet, every time I turn on McRAW and McSMACKDOWN, what do I see? It’s Vincent Kennedy McMahon’s open display of lewdness with a nipped n’ tucked Playboy Playmate. Then there is his son and daughter, running around actually playing the parts of professional wrestlers. Now it’s the last straw, Linda McMahon in that sickening scene with Bischoff.

Notwithstanding the collusive nature of the industry, in the past Linda McMahon has always represented what was right in McMahonland. After this week’s McRAW, the handwriting is on the wall for all of us to read… “There is NOTHING right in McMahonland anymore!”

Vince McMahon and his one ring circus sideshow, is dying a slow agonizing death. Talented ring performers are sitting at home all over the country unable to pay their bills because of the McMonopoly of our business. Yet, staged or not, he dare laugh at a handicapped grappler flopping around the ring like a catfish out of water. It’s sickening. Sometimes I want to bury my head in the sand and pretend I never had a damn thing to do with any of this.

I feel that this McMadness has destroyed the foundation of our game. How can a building remain standing on crumpled groundwork? Sooner or later it must all come tumbling down. Maybe the poor ratings show that fans aren’t as stupid as Vinnie-Mc may think. It’s plausible that they are just running for cover to escape the falling pieces of the once golden titan tower.

Stamford…. we have a problem!

Already a thread on it, UYI. It couldn't have been that far down the page already, could it?

Not knocking you man, just letting you know.

Guest Coffey

He's right though. I didn't think this past Raw was bad, although I will admit that the Eric Bischoff/Linda McMahon segments brought the overall quality of the show down.

The McMahon's are running rampart. I can only imagine that this Linda McMahon nonsense will lead to another McMahon involved in a prominant storyline. It is the McMahon's company afterall, but we, as fans, don't have to watch the garbage.

The WWE is home to some of the best wrestlers in the world. However, they all play second fiddle to soap opera driven storylines and the family who owns the company. We, as fans, only have two options: we can either attempt to ignore the ignorance and look for positives in the cave of despair or we can shut off the television/change the channel.

A lot of people do that latter, I myself choose the first one. I know that wrestling has good periods and bad periods. Everyone knows that. Of course there are going to be bad segments. They can't all be good. However, it becomes a problem when the bad outweighs the good. With all four McMahon's involved in storylines, the bad will outweigh the good.

At least when the Linda/Eric nonsense went down, Eric dropped the WCW name and added a little backstory to his feud with Shane-O-Mac. The problem is, they shouldn't need a backstory because neither one of them should step into a ring. Let alone have a match on a $35 PPV!

Percy's a better writer than I figured he'd be, and I appreciate that he answers stuff on his board, but he's always doom-n-gloom or sunshine and gumdrops.

Either the WWE is on the brink of collapse or it's producing great entertainment for that guy, and that can shift in less than a month.

What happened to Paul Bearer on his last televised appearance? Last time I can remember, he was managing Kane back in 2000 with that bright ass red suit.

Guest Nanks

He's one in a neverending list of inexplicably dropped storylines. He was meant to come back against Russo with another charge, but they decided against it.

Amen Percy. I really hate the 'McMonopoly' that is happening at the moment, and at least Percy had the balls to say it.