TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

Bye Bye Alexis

WWE has signed Alexis Laree to a developmental contract. Laree is a regular on the independent scene, most notably with Ring of Honor. She has also been working with NWA: TNA as a member of Raven's Gathering group.

She will start work in OVW soon.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

THIS IS SO FUCKING GAY. VINCE MCMAHON CAN SUCK MY FUCKING DICK.

Shut up.

Damn that Vince McMahon for wanting the hottest female on the independent circuit. Damn that Vince McMahon for giving Alexis Laree a guaranteed contract.

How dare he sign wrestlers. HOW DARE HE!

Like I said in the WWE thread about this, I'm going to REALLY miss goth Gathering Alexis, but she IS freaking hot and she deserves the spot in the WWE. So I'm happy for her but pretty sad at the same time, ESPEICALLY because she'll probably be in OVW for at least three or four months.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

BOOO!

This means the planned Malibu vs. Jay "Laree Flirt-Off Challenge" is off!

But congrats to Alexis, it was just a matter of time until they signed her- she totally deserves it. One of the smartest signings WWE has made in awhile.

The question now is: Once there, how long until she finally trades up from Joey Matthews?

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Woohoo! Now I don't need to spend money to see Alexis on TV!

Only down side is she ruled as a member of Ravens gathering, and with only Julio left (and Punk, im not sure, haven't seen TNA in a couple of weeks), I guess their is no more gathering. (Sniffle)

BOOO!

This means the planned Malibu vs. Jay "Laree Flirt-Off Challenge" is off!

There was no point in you guys having your little flirt off challenge. I already smoked both your asses.

She should be in OVW- She needs a lot of work before debuting in WWE

With the way WWE brings in OVW developmentals like Garrison Cade, Mark Jindrak, and Orlando Jordan, I doubt WWE will do a good job of helping Alexis improve her in-ring skills at all(I'm kind of confused though. Earlier, I read she had talent. Now, I read she's not all that good in the ring. Which one is it really?) If anything, she'll be some generic chick who beats Molly Holly or Victoria 3 weeks in a row and not doing all that great in the ring in the process considering she'll be down in OVW for a few months and having the generic OVW movelist.

Yes, darn that Vince McMahon. I suppose its not his fault that he signs someone with talent, places them on TV and lets them use a generic moveset consisting of a suplex, body slam, various kicks and a finisher. Hey, thats a 5 star match right there I suppose.

1. He signs Ultimo Dragon, lets him fight two matches on TV and supposedly doesn't think he is charismatic enough. Who hires someone without knowing shit about them. Its like hiring someone without them signing an application and going to an interview.

2. WTF has Spanky done since being signed? Ran around naked in a "Ill do anything it takes" angle? Get beat up by Brock Lesnar? Fight in various tag team matches on Velocity with different members each week?

3. I'm willing to be anything that Paul London wont be half the wrestler UNDERTAKER is once he comes out of OVW. Sure there will be the occasional moonsault dropkick and the good selling, but thats it. Unless Kidman doesn't throw a hissy fit, his SSP is gone too. He either fights in 3 matches on Smackdown or RAW before going to Velocity or Heat, disappearing for 5 weeks and coming back to job again. Sorta like Kanyon did. OR he is thrown in a short term angle that goes nowhere. He will be lucky if they use the "Im Kidman's protege" story or some kind of HBK student story.

Oh jesus. I give up.

VINCE DOESN'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK HE IS SIGNING. IF IT IS JR'S JOB TO SIGN PEOPLE, VINCE NEEDS TO AT LEAST SIT DOWN WITH THEM BEFORE WRITING OUT A CONTRACT. WHAT SENSE DOES IT MAKE TO SIGN SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF PROBABLY, LIKE ZACK GOWEN.

Alexis is just going to be another lost wrestler in the company. He needs to worry about his already 500+ wrestler roster instead of signing every other person he sees wrestle in the indys.

WWE writers were at the 8.16 ROH- so someone has seen Alexis work.

Lita went on Byte This and said she wanted to face Alexis.

She's worked dark matches.

They've heard of her.

She's going to go to OVW for a while so she can become a competent wrestler- there's no reason to get worked over this and go SUCK MY DICK VINCE

VINCE DOESN'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK HE IS SIGNING.

Is HE the "Executive Vice President of Talent Relations"? No.

Is HE responsible for monitoring independent talents? No.

Is HE responsible for signing talent? No.

So is Vince responsible for knowing each and every wrestler, including their hobbies, likes and dislikes, to appease the Internet Wrestling Community? No.

IF IT IS JR'S JOB TO SIGN PEOPLE, VINCE NEEDS TO AT LEAST SIT DOWN WITH THEM BEFORE WRITING OUT A CONTRACT.

It's a DEVELOPMENTAL CONTRACT. There is a pretty good chance that Vince DOESN'T have a role in meeting with the talent going straight down to OVW- if they're called up to the WWE, their contract is restructured, while Vince will meet with the talent to iron out the deal.

WHAT SENSE DOES IT MAKE TO SIGN SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF PROBABLY, LIKE ZACK GOWEN.

When it's not HIS JOB to sign talent, there's an excuse for that.

Paul Heyman saw Zack Gowen's work too. And look at him.

I know about Lita.

And he isn't sending her to OVW to be a competent wrestler. He is sending her there to have her do something so he can say "Yay. I got her." Why is Paul London there? He put on 3 5 star matches in under a 6 months that didn't involve 50 high spot. But I guess you can't be too sure. London is better than Spanky, so why isn't Spanky in London's place? All Alexis needs to know how to do is kick, punch, bodyslam, a finisher and botch a lucha move to compete in the women's division. She doesn't need to be "competent".

I know its not his job to sign talent, but why in the hell do you sign someone without even knowing what they are about. Who signs Ultimo Dragon and expects him to pop the WWE crowd with a gesture.

There will almost always only be one womens match per show.

Trish

Molly

Victoria

Ivory

Jackie

Jazz

Stacy

The other Jackie

Lita is back soon

Now Alexis

Stop signing these women. Its a waste of money as there are only so many spots for the women and now 5 or 6 of them will be getting paid for doing nothing.

If she is being brought in for T&A she is really screwed as WWE hasn't done any T&A matches, on television, in the last couple of months. I don't consider the sable-mcmahon crap T&A, its more along the lines of bad soap opera acting. I wouldn't even know Dawn still worked for the company if I didn't read the house show reports.

?

Why is Paul London there? He put on 3 5 star matches in under a 6 months that didn't involve 50 high spot. But I guess you can't be too sure. London is better than Spanky, so why isn't Spanky in London's place?

Chris Benoit is the best overall worker in the United States - why isn't he enjoying a decade-long World Championship reign?

Why in the hell are you asking US why Spanky is in London's place?

We don't have a fucking clue - a few of us don't really care, because Spanky seems to have a certain CHARISMA about him, that most people have said Paul London doesn't have.

All Alexis needs to know how to do is kick, punch, bodyslam, a finisher and botch a lucha move to compete in the women's division. She doesn't need to be "competent".

She's got a contract with the WWE. That's ALL that really matters.

I know its not his job to sign talent, but why in the hell do you sign someone without even knowing what they are about. Who signs Ultimo Dragon and expects him to pop the WWE crowd with a gesture

STEP 1: Someone (most likely Johnny Ace, from his work in Japan) suggested Dragon's hiring.

STEP 2: Jim Ross signed Ultimo Dragon to the deal.

This didn't involve Vince pouring over 20 tapes of Dragon's best work - he trusted JR's judgment, while ASSUMING that this worker could pop the crowds with fantastic manuevers and his uncanny charisma (while else would Ace hire him, right?).

Yea- He's only getting to live his dream, and has gotten to work with some of the biggest stars in WWE.

Why is Paul London there?

To work on his promo skills, transitions and just generally being a better overall wrestler.

He put on 3 5 star matches in under a 6 months that didn't involve 50 high spot.

Name them please. I only counted one.

London is better than Spanky, so why isn't Spanky in London's place?

London is going to be teaming with Spanky most likely.

All Alexis needs to know how to do is kick, punch, bodyslam, a finisher and botch a lucha move to compete in the women's division. She doesn't need to be "competent".

Unless she's getting carried by Sumi Sakai- Alexis is not a good worker. Cornette made Victoria into a very good worker and hopefully he'll do the same for Alexis and Lucy.

Who signs Ultimo Dragon and expects him to pop the WWE crowd with a gesture.

Vince, based on everything his yes men told him, probably thought he was getting Rey Rey version 2.0.

--------------------

Yea, he is living his dream and working with his idols. Im sure Dickey Simpkins thought he was living the life too while riding the bench for the Bulls.

London and Dragon 1 and 2 and London and Styles.

London is going to be teaming with Kidman

Alexis is as good as the average woman wrestler. They aren't there to put on 5 star matches.

Thats my whole point.

Yea, he is living his dream and working with his idols.

London has said he is living out his dream and he doesn't care how they use him- He's just happy living the dream.

Im sure Dickey Simpkins thought he was living the life too while riding the bench for the Bulls.

I'm sure the ring on his finger looks real nice.

London and Dragon 1 and 2 and London and Styles.

London v. Dragon II was not *****. (Night of the Butcher)

AJ v. London isn't 5* either.

London is going to be teaming with Kidman

He's told people Spanky.

Alexis is as good as the average woman wrestler. They aren't there to put on 5 star matches.

No she's not. She's not as good as the WWE woman's wrestlers- and that's why there's OVW.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I salute you Bob Barron for even trying. And may some form of God bless you for it.

Cornette made Victoria into a very good worker and hopefully he'll do the same for Alexis and Lucy.

Look at Victoria now though: Her moveset has been dramatically limited as of late by WWE as the only two moves she uses now are the tornado sideslam and the rope flip legdrop. The rest of her offense consists of choking, brawling, and getting her ass kicked throughout the match. I'm not saying Victoria's terrible by any means, but you can tell WWE's done a good job in making her moveset limited and stale in recent months, which I don't get at all.

Guest JacK

I have to say, that sucks ass, mainly because I don't watch WWE any more, I mean; they screwed Australia! But, even though they reversed it and got their shows back on TV, nah; not interested, I ain't a sell out.

But damn, that sucks, she was cool on TNA; although it has to be said, I only recently came into this view when she became my most over talent in TNA in Extreme Warfare Revenge 4 (What? It's not like it's not 100). But; damn, that sucks. Oh well, I'm sure there must be someone who can replace her, and who will then get signed to the WWE when they get bored with Alexis . . .

Guest TDinDC1112
Why is Paul London there? He put on 3 5 star matches in under a 6 months that didn't involve 50 high spot.

I must have missed those. Do you know what a five star match is? The only 2 this year that possibly could be 5 star matches are Angle vs. Benoit at the Rumble and Missawa vs. Kobashi on 3/1/03.

Look at Victoria now though: Her moveset has been dramatically limited as of late by WWE as the only two moves she uses now are the tornado sideslam and the rope flip legdrop. The rest of her offense consists of choking, brawling, and getting her ass kicked throughout the match. I'm not saying Victoria's terrible by any means, but you can tell WWE's done a good job in making her moveset limited and stale in recent months, which I don't get at all.

That's not WWE restricting her moves- She's been battling a knee injury as of late so she has to cut out some of her moveset.

Why is Paul London there? He put on 3 5 star matches in under a 6 months that didn't involve 50 high spot. 

I must have missed those. Do you know what a five star match is? The only 2 this year that possibly could be 5 star matches are Angle vs. Benoit at the Rumble and Missawa vs. Kobashi on 3/1/03.

London v. Dragon is a legit 5* match- I definetley recommend checking it out