TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Your Favorite WWF Coliseum Video

Guest Trivia247

anyone else collect those Coliseum vid Back n the day WWF Tapes???

My earliest one is Wrestlefest 1990...with Tony Schivone at the WWF Coliseum Vid desk promoting matches lol

back then they had wrestlers hosting them and silly features like Beefcake's Hair tips, Mean Gene goes to the Bushwhacker's homes... 24 hours with Jimmy Hart.

not to mention the matches..

alot of these matches were great and what would be considered dream matches

Randy Savage & Bret Hart vs HBK & Ric Flair

Kerry Von Erick vs Ted Dibiasi

plus others..

what were your favorite Coliseum moments???

Like say..... Kamala learning how to bowl?

Awesome tapes (all from the 80's when I'd rent ANY Coliseum tape):

the first Macho Man tape

The Hart Foundation

Inside The Steel Cage

Most Unusual Matches

Even More Unusual Matches

Awesome skit:

Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerlund playing golf. Bobby's cracking jokes and cheating at every turn. Great stuff!

Guest bort

Most Unusual Matches

history of the IC title

ricky the dragon steambot

Grudge matches

best of the wwf vol 8

the big event

the wrestling classic [1st ppv]

I only have a few, although I've rented many, but I can't remember them, except one: I remember always renting Crunch Classic, with Earthquake sitting on some jobber on the front.

My favorite, only because it's the best one I have, is Smack 'em Whack 'em. Two great matches: Bret's first title win against Flair, and the Ladder match between Bret & HBK. However, the crap is bad: Bret vs. Kamala

not to mention the matches..

alot of these matches were great and what would be considered dream matches

Randy Savage & Bret Hart vs HBK & Ric Flair

What tape was this on?

I only have a few, although I've rented many, but I can't remember them, except one: I remember always renting Crunch Classic, with Earthquake sitting on some jobber on the front.

That was actually Tugboat, I believe.

I have a good many of them. I remember going to Blockbuster back when I was in 6th and 7th grade and seeing almost an entire row of JCP and CHV videos. I think at my peak, I rented about 4 at a time. They were like crack. I may not have been able to memorize everything I needed to know for a math test but I could tell you the results of every tape I rented like it was second nature.

The first one I rented was Rampage 92, shortly after it came out in October 92. I've seen most of them since - save for the Savage tapes, Steamboat, Andre, and a few others.

My favorite? If not Rampage 92 then ... Inside the Steel Cage (Piper vs. Sammartino, Snuka vs. Muraco, Backlund vs. Patterson, Sammartino & Santana vs. Adonis & Savage, Sammartino vs. Steele, etc).

I'm going to be selling most of mine on eBay in the near future. I put a post under the Tape Trading forum for those interested.

Guest BAR

Smack'em Whack'em and Invasion 1992 both feature two great matches and corny skits. So, they're my picks.

Guest Dmann2000

I need to go re-rent Wrestlefest 91 so I can get a copy of Hart Foundation vs LOD.

Guest Dmann2000
Macho Madness

Monday Night Raw: Prime Cuts(Only Colo tape with NO crap on it and a few legit classics - HBK/Jannety,Quebecers/Steiners)

Yes Prime Cuts is 2 hours of nothing but gold, if they'd stuck Flair/Perfect on there instead of Wrestlefest 93 it would've been BEST TAPE EVER!

Guest Trivia247

Crunch Classics was Earthquake on it.

I have that and others I gotten off ebay...you be surprise they are actually quite cheap for WWF/E tapes which are more expensive the more later you go or for clasic actual PPVS

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Rampage 91 has the AWESOME Heenan/Gene golfing skits. Too bad most of the matches are sub-par.

Monday Night Raw: Prime Cuts is the best I think.

Slamfest 1995 - Kliq Tag Match, Bret and Bulldog vs. Owen and Anvil

Monday Night Raw Prime Cuts - Awesome, awesome tape.

Guest ToddRoyal

Last Christmas, my local video store closed and liquidated all their videos, including some awesome Coliseum vids. I picked up every one they had including...

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Slamfest 95

Smack 'Em, Whack 'Em

Hottest Matches (the first one, with Michaels/Dibiase)

Which are all really good videos. I also picked up some guilty pleasure vids including...

WWF's Explosive TNT Show (FUJI VICE~!)

Bloopers, Bleeps and Bodyslams (The first Col Vid)

Wrestling's Country Boys. (Yep, the Hillbilly video)

So I now have Uncle Elmer's wedding on TWO seperate tapes. Envy me.

Like say..... Kamala learning how to bowl?

I have that true classic. I'm thinking Invasion of the Bodyslammers. I also love the Repo Cam! I have a ton, but it's been so long since I watched any (I slacked off on buying most of the 2002/2003 PPVs and just have been picking them all up recently to watch). So many classics, even if they are bad matches, they are just fun to watch. I'll have to go look at my tapes later to remember some of the goodness.

Guest Ray

Wrestlefest 1994

why?

Bret & Owen vs. The Steiners~!

One of the best WWF tag matches EVER.

Guest Indikator

Amazing Managers - it has Johnny Valiant vs. Steve Lombardi (Ric who?), The Grand Wizard, the Miss Elisabeth Angle and many other interesting angles. Plus Don Muraco makes my day whenever I see him

Amazing Managers - it has Johnny Valiant vs. Steve Lombardi (Ric who?), The Grand Wizard, the Miss Elisabeth Angle and many other interesting angles. Plus Don Muraco makes my day whenever I see him

Don't forget Bobb Heenan telling some woman that she should be happy if her husband has six inches of anything.

Guest Super Leather
Chalk up a vote for Rowdy Roddy Pipers' Greatest Hits. Pure entertainment for 90 minutes.

That is my favorite of the Coliseum videos by far. I mentioned this in another thread as well, but the first Hulkamania tape has some good matches where Hogan gets his ass kicked to a bloody pulp by both Big John Studd and Dr. D David Schultz. Wonderful stuff.

I also own the first Best of the WWF video, for what that's worth. Not much on there is really any good, but it's worth keeping for nostalgic purposes.

Like I said in the other thread...if there's anyone trustworthy on this board, I'd love to get dubs of those old Coliseum videos somehow. It'll save me from getting ripped off on eBay...

Anyone packing WWF Super Slams?

Sure, its shit, however there's an awesome Razor/Hitman vs Jarrett/Hakushi match, as well as a wicked Owen/Bret encounter from Monday Night RAW (the one before WM11).

My very first wrestling tape ever, so it holds huge historical significance with me. I must of watched that thing billions of times.

UYI

Anyone packing WWF Super Slams?

Sure, its shit, however there's an awesome Razor/Hitman vs Jarrett/Hakushi match, as well as a wicked Owen/Bret encounter from Monday Night RAW (the one before WM11).

My very first wrestling tape ever, so it holds huge historical significance with me. I must of watched that thing billions of times.

UYI

Bumpola!

Super Slams was a pretty good tape. I also enjoyed JJ/Adam Bomb. The spot where the Roadie dove to save JJ's bottled water was brilliant.

God damn it, I need to repossess Brawl In The Family, that was one my old school favorites.

Matches include: Diesel vs Jeff Jarrett *WWF Title, Undertaker vs King Kong Bundy, Men On A Mission vs Owen Hart & Jim The Anvil Neidhart, Lex Luger vs Bob Backlund, Razor Ramon vs King Kong Bundy, Bret Hart vs Owen Hart *No Holds Barred, Doink vs Jerry The King Lawler, Mable vs Tatanka FYI.