TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jesse

MLW Summer Apocalypse results

Guest Jesse

The show was freakin great. Even better than last month.

Terry Funk vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler - Excellent brawl, very entertaining. Both guys took piledrivers on the floor and Funk took several barb wire shots and of course bled buckets. After the match Diamond and Anderson refuse to pay Lawler the bounty the had offered him to take out Terry so he fought them, then eventually Lalwer agreed to team with Terry to wrestle Anderson and Diamond noxt month in Ft. Lauderdale in...wait for it....a War Games match! I'm so there.

Raven vs. CM Punk - Punk wins

Christopher Daniels vs. Sabu _ Sabu wins when Daniels taps out. Entertaining spotfest.

Simon Diamond and CW Anderson vs. Sandman and Dr. Death Steve Williams - tag title match. Anderson and Diamond retain the gold.

Jerry Lynn vs. Homicide _ Homicie is the winner. Not as good as their last match, but still a pretty sweet match.

Hit Squad vs. Samoan Island Tribe - falls count anywhere - Samoans win when Jamal splashes Mafia of Hit Squad through a table on the outside from the top turnbuckle. That was a great spot in a pretty good fight that went all over the building. B Boy took Monsta Mack's place in Hit Squad, no explanation was given as to why.

Norman Smiley and GI Ho vs. Michael Shane and Francine - Shane and Francine win. Highlights of the match were Francine's repeated nipple slips and GI Ho getting splashed through a table by Shane.

Mikey Whipwreck vs. Tony Mamaluke - I'm fuzzy on this one. I think Mikey won.

B-Boy and Nosawa vs. Los Maximos - Maximos win. Good opener, but not as good as Maximos vs. Yang and Mamaluke from last month. I had never seen B Boy before and wasn't too impressed by him.

Jimmy Yang vs. Sonjay Dutt - Yang wins. It was my first time seeing Dutt and I can't wait to see more of him. Very good match.

Guest Jesse

Yeah, it was strange. It was a spike match and Sabu was digging the spike into Chris' forehead when he tapped.

Yeah, it was strange. It was a spike match and Sabu was digging the spike into Chris' forehead when he tapped.

Ok, that kind of makes sense.

How was Raven-CM Punk?

Guest Jesse

Raven/Punk was ok, not their best. It was a "straight edge rules" match, meaning the usual MLW stuff like tables and chairs was not allowed. Nosawa came to the ring with Punk and Punk had his own ref so most of the match was Punk cheapshotting Raven while the ref was distracted by Nosawa.

Raven/Punk was ok, not their best. It was a "straight edge rules" match, meaning the usual MLW stuff like tables and chairs was not allowed. Nosawa came to the ring with Punk and Punk had his own ref so most of the match was Punk cheapshotting Raven while the ref was distracted by Nosawa.

Hopefully their cage match will be better.

Guest Jesse
War Games is going to be great. Great Build up to that show.

Agreed. I'm really looking forward to it.

I was so tired last night I forgot to mention this.

Spanky was in the crowd. He kept a low profile and surprisingly few people recognized him. I got a chance to talk to him after the show and he mentioned he was a big Christopher Daniels fan. I asked if WWE was interested in Daniels and he smiled and said he didn't know. He seemed very down to earth and was cool to talk to.

Guest Gatornibs

The show wasn't that great IMO. All my buddies made MLW out to be the shit, but they are average. The main sucked, two old guys, same old shit. Tag title match sucked, daniels/sabu was a letdown. Punk/Raven and Homicide/Lynn had better matches at previous MLW shows... Spanky was awesome, so were the comp tickets! :mellow:

Guest bort

any idea on the crowd size, cuz a few months ago they were over 1000 and last month i didnt get a crowd size ethier.....

Guest Jesse
any idea on the crowd size, cuz a few months ago they were over 1000 and last month i didnt get a crowd size ethier.....

968, according to mlw.com.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

I'm very tempted to go to MLW for War Games!!! Plus they added the Junior Tournament. I've never seen war games live and the last time I saw MLW was last year in NY.