TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JerryDrake

The little chinese guy who thinks hes black,

Guest JerryDrake

I was watching 106 and park on BET this morning, and they have this contest, where you have to battle rap for 30 seconds every friday.

Anyway they had this black guy, and this little weenie chinese guy with his hat backwards, and was talking ebonics. I seriously wanted to punch him

Guest Ripper

That guy is American and how he talks doesn't sound forced at all(it is usually pretty obvious when people are trying to sound black).  The way people talk are a direct reflection of their suroundings when the were brought up, so apparently he was brought up around black people.....ANd dude is hot.  That other dude he battled had skills too, but dude ate him alive.

Guest Vyce

Anyway they had this black guy, and this little weenie chinese guy with his hat backwards, and was talking ebonics. I seriously wanted to punch him

Why?

I mean, I feel the same way about white guys who talk in ebonics, because they just sound like idiots.

But why this guy?  Are only black people allowed to speak ebonics?

I personally find ebonics to be a gutter language, and that's NOT a slam upon any particular race.  Using slang is one thing, inventing a bastard form of the English language, and expecting it to be legitimized, is another..  NO ONE, of any race, should be speaking it.

Guest JerryDrake

No but hes a little weenie thinking hes a thug, but hes actually alright.

Guest areacode212

Ripper is right. A lot of non-black people (and black people, for that matter) who speak in ebonics do so, just because it's how all their peers speak. It's not necessarily "trying to be black" (though sometimes it is), it's just talking the way their friends do. Would you rather he spoke like some FOB or something?

Guest starvenger

>Would you rather he spoke like some FOB or something?

I'm sure the FOBs would hate it, seeing as he's obviously "juk sing".