TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fökai

The One and Only VELOCIDENTIAL Thread for 08.23.03

WWE Velocity preview for August 23, 2003

Catch Velocity every Saturday night starting at 10/9 CT on Spike TV!

This week, original MF'er Shannon Moore takes on Billy Kidman. Which one of these high-flyers will come out victorious?

Also, Sean O'Haire takes on Funaki.

Plus, two other members of the FBI, Johnny Stamboli & Chuck Palumbo, will be in tag-team action. They'll be accompanied by Nunzio.

In addition, we'll take a look back at Brock Lesnar vs. Zach Gowen and Kurt Angle vs. the Big Show from SmackDown!

--------------------------------------------------

WWE Confidential preview for August 23, 2003

This week’s Confidential takes a look back at WWE Hall of Famer “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd. He was Bo Jackson before Bo knew diddly – playing professional football and wrestling at the same time. He paved the way for all African-Americans who have followed in WWE. Find out more about him this Saturday night on Confidential.

The Dudley Boyz signature move, the 3D, has put them ahead of all other tag teams in history. We’ll take an inside look at this devastating maneuver.

Sable recently pampered herself at a spa, and Confidential cameras were on hand! You don’t want to miss this!

Plus, the Big Show goes “Outside the Ropes.” Find out what scares the 500-pound giant. And we’ll look back at a classic match, Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect, from SummerSlam 1991.

All this and more this Saturday night on Confidential, airing at 11/10 CT on Spike!

NOTE: Shelton Benjamin v. Bradshaw was also taped for Velocity, though I don't know if they're planning on airing that particular match in accordance with a possible Summerslam match.

Normally, I'd leave this thread for TCR or the like to start - but considering we have a great "From The Vault" match this week, I'd like to let everyone know ahead of time to set their VCR's.

And we’ll look back at a classic match, Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect, from SummerSlam 1991.

NOTE: Shelton Benjamin v. Bradshaw was also taped for Velocity, though I don't know if they're planning on airing that particular match in accordance with a possible Summerslam match.

Normally, I'd leave this thread for TCR or the like to start - but considering we have a great "From The Vault" match this week, I'd like to let everyone know ahead of time to set their VCR's.

Stealing my job...at least come up with a witty name for the thread.

So will Shelton Benjamin take exception to being compared to Linda Miles? As long as it doesn't mean the APA wins the titles at Summerslam.

Arent the From the Vault matches usually clipped?

Of course. You might as well just download the full match from KaZaA instead of watching a clipped version of it on Confidential tonight.

Arent the From the Vault matches usually clipped?

Of course. You might as well just download the full match from KaZaA instead of watching a clipped version of it on Confidential tonight.

Well, I usually have all the matches they show From the Vault on tape anyways.

I was just curious is all.

I'm still hoping they rerun the Backlund/Snuka cage match so I can tape it. I did however capture the Hennig/Ventura match which was kinda cool considering the Minnesota connection.

I've said this before, but they really oughta scrap Confidential and just rename it From the Vault. Classic matches, interviews, and I wouldn't mind keeping the Confidentialish segments on the legends. They could also keep the current 'superstars' to introduce some of the segments and give their 2 cents on it. Put Bobby Heenan in the studio with Gene Okerlund, plus it would allow 20-30 minute matches to be shown in its entirety with commercial breaks weeding their way in. Reruns would be unncessary because they have a seemingly inifinte amount of footage at their disposal (WWF, WCW, ?AWA?, ect.). They'd only have to fill 40 minutes a week after commercials. Hell, I'll volunteer my services to go through the video archives. They can also do tribute episodes which would focus in on one wrestler/tag team for the entire hour. C'mon Vince, give it 6 weeks and watch the ratings rise . . . Well, I'd watch it, at least.

Edited by MillenniumMan831

Guest LatinoHeat
Sable recently pampered herself at a spa, and Confidential cameras were on hand! You don’t want to miss this!

My tivo is already set. :)

Who won the Shelton/Bradshaw match on Velocity?

Seriously, there's no reason for Bradshaw to beat Shelton.

The booking is likely as such? "Hey, you're calling me a drag queen?" "Yeah I am." "I'll kick your ass."

So they would wrestle. Benjamin winning would prove that he is a legitimate wrestler and should not be taken lightly by Bradshaw. What does a Bradshaw victory prove? "He showed him, I guess Benjamin is a drag queen after all!"

So they would wrestle. Benjamin winning would prove that he is a legitimate wrestler and should not be taken lightly by Bradshaw. What does a Bradshaw victory prove? "He showed him, I guess Benjamin is a drag queen after all!"

Kind of like when HHH kept berating Booker T all those weeks before Wrestlemania this year about blacks being inferior, and HHH proved they were by beating Booker T at Wrestlemania(self-centered son of a bitch, fuck what JR says about Jericho, that line should be used for HHH).

Seriously, there's no reason for Bradshaw to beat Shelton.

The booking is likely as such? "Hey, you're calling me a drag queen?" "Yeah I am." "I'll kick your ass."

Pat Paterson oviously recieved some more oral pleasure to secure that victory

Well if you look at all the past Bret Hart matches from the vault (which I believe are vs. Michaels SS97, vs. Owen WM 10, and vs. Bulldog SS92) all of them involved Bret losing.

Ahhh....You're right.

I never really noticed it like that. I don't say they showed them because of that reason though. Its just that coincidence that Bret lost, although they were classic matches as well.

Does anyone really think Vince gives a shit about what they show on Confidential? He probably doesn't even realize it has a From the Vault segment. However, if he happens to be channel surfing inbetween viewings of the Bischoff/Linda foreplay and notices Bret defeating Hennig, he'd be pretty pissed. But then he'd go back to rewinding and watching said Raw segment again and again and all will be right in World McMahon Entertainment, as it should be.

It doesn't even have to be from McMahon, the people who work for McMahon already know what would please him...

..and that's Bret Hart losing again, and again, and again... remember, Bret Hart killed WCW (credit, Confidential)

Though I think McMahon does have a say in it, why else would they re-air all these shitty matches like the Hollywood Backlot Brawl that I can't recall anyone liking?

It doesn't even have to be from McMahon, the people who work for McMahon already know what would please him...

..and that's Bret Hart losing again, and again, and again... remember, Bret Hart killed WCW (credit, Confidential)

I dunno, that sounds pretty immature and I don't think . . . . . ahhh this is a battle no mortal can win.

Oh I don't think it's debatable that the WWE likes to use and abuse the Bret Hart name at every chance they get. From doing the Montreal Finish infront of Stu and Helen to fooling around with the Bell Centre crowd to actually claiming that Bret Hart killed WCW...

By debatable, I meant Bret didnt win most of the GREAT matches he had. Therefore, by showing some of Bret's great matches on the From the Vault segment, doesnt mean they are out to spit in his face time and time again, if he so happened to lose a couple of the matches they feature.

But until now, he's gone 0-3 (I think they made a mistake with the Mr Perfect match).

I don't know why they haven't shown Austin vs. Hart WM or SS yet either, as the Mania match is quite possibly the greatest match in their history... other than, you know, Bret wins in the end...