TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boner Kawanger

Oh, Dear God...

The Fabulous Moolah was originally scheduled to wrestle a match on the Smackdown taping for her 80th birthday. Several years ago, Vince McMahon promised Moolah that he would book her for a match after she turned 80.

The match is now tentatively scheduled for September 15th at Raw, which is in her home town of Columbia, SC.

credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Someone say something.

Guest Choken One

It's just so Moolah can say she wrestled in 7 different ages.

20's 30's 40's 50's 60's 70's and 80's.

I don't have any problems with it and at least it's in her hometown...

She done alot for the industry...

Guest Choken One

If they wanted they should just have Heel Molly or Heel Gail beat Moolah whom is the Hogan of Female Wrestling...Always over.

but did he promise that it would be on TV? Book this shit as a dark match, or a velocity/heat thing, or a house show or something! C'mon Vince!

Yeah, fuck it..

Afterall, she is 80. She'll never know the difference.

Guest deadbeater

Wouldn't it be cool if Molly wins, then proceed to literally bury her, and call herself the Fabulous Molly, saying she deserves that moniker more than anyone?

She now lives in South Carolina too.

Guest JMA

I'd consider Moolah to be the Freddie Blassie of women's wrestling, rather than the Hogan. Give her a match with Molly and send her out on a high-note.

Edited by JMA

I don't see what's wrong with this. It's only being done for two reasons, those being to show respect for her and to pop the home town crowd. Add to that the fact that the match will be very short, and I see no reason to bitch about this.

Besides, Moolah/Young usually pop the ratings for the segments they are a part of.

I dont have a problem with it, as long as it only takes up 5 minutes, and as long as Mae isn't involved.