TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

Long Term Mania Booking...

Guest Choken One

It's interesting to note that for Maina XIX WWE actually had long term booking plans for what would be the WWE Title/Main event set in stone at least months in advance with Angle Vs Brock and it appears that according to some reports WWE wants Angle/Lesnar III for the Mania XX main event(s).

If you remember back in the modern era, with the exception of Austin/HBK...They haven't had long term booking/plans for the WrestleMania main event.

For WM13, They were forced to scramble things around due to Shawn's "Injury". Thus rushing a Main event with very little heat and meaning.

WM14, they had Austin/HBK pegged well in advance.

6 months Prior to ManiaXV...Rock hadn't QUITE became the superstar he would became but was gaining massive popularity but that meant he would be a face...Alot of prospects 6 months weren't certain of what to do for Maina but once Rock "turned" heel...WMXV was set in stone.

WM2000 of course was a wide open field as Austin/TBS was a early favorite to be the Main event with the Hogan/Andre comparisons. However, Austin's neck injury threw it out of whack. Many rumored matches were thrown around from HHH/Rock, HHH/Foley, Rock/TBS. Finally not but 3 weeks before the Event itself did they announce it would be a 4 Way dance.

WM2001 was a toss up between it being Rock/Austin and Austin/HHH with small murmuring of "The Three Way we never got" with Austin Vs HHH Vs Rock. They settled and went with the Face/Face showdown.

WM2002...At the time of the Vengence 4 way Title Mini-Tournament...People were expecting HHH to go in to face Austin or Rock in Face/Face showdown or that Rock would turn heel or perhaps they would Put Angle in there since it had a history. Instead, Jericho was the write in defacto transitional champion.

WMXIX was a change...as early as August WWE was reportedly adament for a Lesnar/Angle WM showdown and that's what we got.

As of this writing, WWE is thinking Lesnar/Angle III for ManiaXX.

Politics and bad booking aside (WMX8 to be specific)....Do you perfer that WWE have a concrete Main event months in advance or do you perfer they wait a month or two before the event and go with what's hottest at the time..

Guest Ray

I don't understand why everyone seems to want Angle/Lesnar III at WM20. I don't see anything special about it.

To the topic....of course they should have something planned far in advance...but not concrete. You never know who will get hot, or lose heat. Have the plan, but change if necessary.

Guest BionicRedneck

We don't even know if the WWE is planning on this for the WM main event. With the way this company books these days the WM ME could change a dozen times between now and then. But, I would say long-term booking is generally a good thing.

I personally think Angle will fail as a babyface long before Mania.

I'm a big fan of long term booking so I hope they use it for XX.

You can put almost any two guys in the ring and, given the right buildup over the course of weeks or months, even Albert vs. Spanky could draw more than marginal interest.

Guest Trivia247

problem with long term booking especially with wrestlers less established or less air time, you never know if they are here this minute and long gone by mania.

What is their huge desire for Brock/Angle? I mean, it's not THAT good of a match. Certainly nowhere near important enough to main event two WMs. Stuff like Hogan/Andre and Rock/Austin are big enough matches for that, but not Brock and Angle.

That said, I am truly afraid of what they have in mind for the Raw side's main event.

Guest Choken One

Brock is vince's Golden boy and Angle is their...Ummm...Guy they like a little.

They trust Angle more then Benoit since Angle has personality for the mainstream sell.

Guest wwF1587

angle/brock III is good i guess but i rather see angle/guerraro, oh and long term booking usually works out good so im all for it

Guest Choken One

I don't know if Angle/Guerrero has that MAIN EVENT feel to it...

I always imagined WMXX would between two larger then life icons...Not that I am saying Brock/Angle is but ya know...

I've got a question: Is WMXX just going to be a huge reunion show? Will they bring back a bunch of people, like Hogan, Rock, Austin (wrestling-wise)? Because if that happens, alot of people are going to be left off the card.

Guest Choken One

I wouldn't be shocked if vince goes all out for a 5 hour ppv...Makes it 49 Bucks...

But Yeah I'm expecting Austin/Hogan...and A Legends Ceremony...