TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

Titans: 03-04 Super Bowl Champs

I was watching NFL Live on ESPN and during the Titans/Bengals highlight, Sean Salisbury said Jeff Fisher will be Coach of the Year, McNair will be the MVP of the league(now that Mike Vick is out), and the Titans will be Super Bowl Champs. The other two guys questioned his bold prediction, but he backed it up nicely.

And I agree 100%

Steve McNair-Should have been MVP last season. He missed two months of practice and still played in the games. He had multiple injuries and still played MVP ball. He is injury-free now and better than ever with his new found passing game. He has been 28-39 so far this season. Is that a sign of things to come?

Running Game-Eddie is in decline, but can still run it effectively, and with Holcomb and Hicks backing him up with their speed, the running game is still very good.

Wide Reciever-This is where everyone thought they would have problems, but the Receiving Corps has been their biggest weapon thus far this preseason. DMase has been there go to guy, but no-name guys like Drew Bennet, Justin McCareins, and Tyrone Calico have REALLY stepped up. The have a GREAT tight end tandem of Frank Wycheck and Arron Kinney.

Defense-One of the best in the NFL. The Freak, Jevon Kearse and Kevin Carter lead the defensive line. A great linebacker corps is lead by Keith Bullock, Peter Sirmon, Frank Chamberlain, and Rocky Calmus. An unexperienced but very talented secondary is contrived of Samari Rolle, Lance Schulters, Tank Williams, Andre Dyson, and Andre Woolfolk.

Special Teams- They have always had a good special teams unit. Joe Nedney is a consistant kicker. John Simon is an electrifying return man. Craig Hentrich is a veteran punter.

All in all, I don't see how you can argue that this team is a big title contender. They won 11 out of their last 12 last year, and they are 3-0 so far in the preseason. They are my favorites to win it all.

Guest Choken One

Ummm...didn't they fall *just* short of the Superbowl?

Nevermind. I gotcha now.

Ok. Salisbury at least made a prediction. Let's see if he sticks with it, or at midseason he changes and says someone else.

By the way I think the Titans will make the Super Bowl this year.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I have the Titans making it to the AFC finals. There a solid team, though their running game is iffy.

The Titans always put up a winning season but how well will they do against the Steelers, Ravens, Browns all of which are just as good as the Titans and have as much of a chance to go deep in the playoffs.

Guest Flyboy
I have the Colts making the Super Bowl

... :lol: ...

:lol:

Jesus Christ, Kahran. That was hilarious.

I have no problem with Salisbury making that prediction, but not after watching that game.

They could make a SB run, but I do not think McNair will win MVP just because he is a great QB, but does not put up gaudy numbers that everyone loves.

If the Titans are going to do anything, this has to be the year. They're WAY over the salary cap for next season, and can't support a sustained run. I don't see them reaching the level they reached last year, let alone winning it all. They have a good deal going for them, but enough questions to throw it all into doubt.

With the way the NFL is now regarding parity, the Titans may get the first pick in next year's draft.

Seriously, I think the Titans are a playoff contender -- if everybody's healthy and playing sharp at season's end, I'd give them a Super Bowl slot...

I can't see McNair staying active all 16 games this year. He was banged up all last year, but managed to play. I can't see him pulling that off again. And between mediocre WRs and an abysmal Eddie George, I don't think they could make up for an injured McNair.

Guest Space_Cowboy

Titans winning the Superbowl would make me very happy, but unfortunately i don't think it will happen. If there's anyone who could carry the team to Superbowl success it's Steve McNair though.

doesn't anyone think that the Seahawks are a legitimate contender...

seriously, when the season starts up, they'll own the NFC...

They'll rue the day because they hired such a poor NFL coach. Mariucci is a good coach, but both sides needed to make a change. The Niners didn't hire the right replacement.

The Niners didn't hire the right replacement.

That's what I was getting at. Perhaps a greater problem though, is Bill Walsh still hanging around. He's the one who wouldn't give Mariucci credit for anything, as if it was his genius that was responsible for their very moderate level of success. The old man's time has come and gone.

The Niners still have a horrible defense. Combine this with Dennis Erickson's inability to coach at the NFL level, and it's easy to see that the Niners have no chance of playing in the Super Bowl.

I think the Seahawks have a good chance at winning the Division.

QB = Iffy with Dilfer(Who is proven at times) and Hasselback who looks to be improving

RB = If Shaun Alexander remains healthy he could easily have a 1,500+ yard season and 10 TD's or so.

WR's = Good corps with Darrell Jackson, Koren Robinson, but mediocre afterwards with Bobby Engram and James Williams.

TE's = Very Good with Jerramy Stevens and Itula Mili backing him up.

OL = Could be one of the best in the NFL if Walter Jones shows up.

Defensive Line = Somewhat mediocre but could be good if Chike Okeafor and Antonio Cochran/Brandon Mitchell really step it up.

LB's = Very good with Anthony Simmons, Randall Godfrey and Chad Brown roaming around.

CB's = One of the better ones with Shawn Springs and Ken Lucas playing along with the rookie, Marcus Trufant. Good FS in Marcus Robertson and Reggie Tongue at SS.

K = Question mark here although Josh Brown has been perfect in the pre-season and is capable of booting 50+ yarders. Should see a lot of opportunities with the offense.

P = Don't know much about Rodney Williams so I'll shy away from here.

Guest T_Hunt

How the hell can you say the Titans running game is iffy? They have a damn running back in the QB!! Sure Eddie isnt wht he once was but damn it he can still turn it around because hes not that far from his glory days.

And i remember saying Titans in the super bowl a while ago and no one said anything, but now all of a sudden everyone is a damn Titans. THtas good because this team doesnt need to be talked up. Jesus the team had only one Pro Bowler.

How often do RBs turn it around though? Once a RB loses a step they rarely get it back. RB is a short life span position and after getting banged up for years I don't see George getting back to where he was.

And just because you have a running QB doesn't make the running game not a question mark. A running QB is most dangerous making something out of nothing, not making a living out of planned runs.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I can say the Titans running game is iffy because Eddie George is Antowain Smith, and his backup is a rookie.

I'm not counting McNair because there's a difference between running on purpose, and running because you wanted to pass but very fat men started chasing you.

I will agree with you on the fact that the Pro Bowl doesn't mean shit.