TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

Title changes at house shows

Do you think that the WWE should have titles change at house shows frequently to boost attendance? And if it works, should they record the matches like a fan cam or something and play them on TV on RAW or Smackdown and at the arenas via the Titantrons so no one misses out on anything? But then that would defeat the whole purpose of title changes at house shows as you could still see it the next week on TV, unless theres some freak who likes to see title changes live....

What do you think?

I think the occasional title change on a house show would be good. It would be a surprise to viewers. There needs to be more title changes on international shows, like in the UK or Australia.

Guest Choken One

As long as it's not like the Hardcore title where it had 6 changes per night but somehow the title was still on the same guy whom was champion before when the night as over..

Did the WWE actually push the fact that Christian beat Booker T at a house show. They kind of brushed it off, and didn't make a big deal out of it being at a HOUSE SHOW, which is a big pussy job by WWE when you consider that they want to attract people to house shows then don't stress it happening there.

Guest Choken One

They went

"CHRISTIAN DEFEATED BOOKER T LAST NIGHT IN IOWA" when they hyped the promo and X clearly pointed he won it on a house show...

Guest Ray

It's good to do it on rare occasions....but you don't want to overdo it.

Too many unseen title changes might devalue the belts...

They went

"CHRISTIAN DEFEATED BOOKER T LAST NIGHT IN IOWA" when they hyped the promo and X clearly pointed he won it on a house show...

I didn't notice. If that happened, they still brushed it off after that. If it's such a big deal to them to increase house show revenue, then it should be mentioned in the next week or two of TV, even if in passing.

I agree with Choken that they did enough.

I had this same conversation with my friend this week, and he made the point that a simple "You never know what's going to happen" type line would have been better...

But I don't really believe that it was going to sell more tickets in the first place.

Occasionally, but most title changes should be on PPV or TV. I certainly wouldn't change the titles enough that you would get 3 or 4 house show changes per year. Where I would change it at a house show is in a case similar to Eddy Guerrero situation. Eddy is over enough to be a main eventer, but he needs credibility (which his US title run is giving him). When it comes time for him to move up, simply unload the belt to Benoit or somebody on a house show and continue on. Title changes that occur as the result of feuds or angles should never happen on house shows.

Guest Nobody in Particular

You mean they can actually get more devalued than they are now?

It would have helped if they showed clips of it. I know normally they don't tape anything at house shows but they probably had some equipment.

Guest undisputedjericho

Way back when, Edge won it at a house show, and they showed a few stills, and King put it over as a big deal. Edge lost it back to Jeff Jarrett that night I think, though.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Plus Ken Scam-Rock missed his flight, and Vince offered Edge the strap as a sweetner for working on his night off, or something

Guest Ray

You mean they can actually get more devalued than they are now?

Yeah......WWE hasn't brought the Finger Poke Of Doom in yet. ;)