TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

The One and Only...

Guest Big T

Bruiser, you would be a disgrace to homosexuals EVERYWHERE. I don't know why I called you "gay", as it was "gay" to do so, and was not meant in a homosexual sense. I have spent my time reading this board. That's how I know some of you. It's only the one's that annoy you that you remember, like yourself. And don't act like I'm following you, I jumped in THIS thread and OWNED your ass, no where else.

I post at SNKT and I don't mind Choken, he is kind of like me who like never leaves the board. But he post ALL the time. It is shocking that he made up 2200+ post in 3 weeks, Jesus Christ that is just unreal.

Who do you post as?

I am AnT, I don't post alot their, but the rap folder over there is helping me find good rap CDs. And your(CJ's really) reviews are good.

Edited by Midnight Express83

Looking back, I'd also like to comment on...

hate the attitude of "make every post count" as this is the fucking INTERNET. The WEB. If this is a large part of your life, than YOU HAVE NO LIFE. This is my opinion. Yes, Johnson is a retard, but you saying that Johnson shouldn't even be allowed to own one makes YOU sound like the idiot.

I thought the purpose of boards like these were to exchange ideas, discuss topics, and basically enjoy the "company" of people with similar interests as you. That's what I come on the boards for, yet people seem to hate the fact that I like to discuss things and such instead of just posting crap like "OMG FUCK THAT D00D +1~!" I know I'm not asking for a whole lot, because there was a time when these places were actually used for discussion and not just "making friends" and dicking around.

Guest Crucifixio Jones
SNKT was originally just a new board

You can just leave the statement like that. SNKT doesn't want to be affiliated or referred to as an offshoot of any other board. Me and MiB were posters at places other than just WDI or TSM or The Smarks before we got the idea for a "sanctuary", a refuge, a place to get away from the drama of other places. None of those other boards we previously were members at claim SNKT as an offshoot. Neither should any other board. SNKT is the brainchild of me and MIB and its sole purpose is to get away from shit like this thread. Period.

That SaNKTuary still exists (now in Invision form rather than EZBoard) and anyone who hates shit like this is welcome. Click the link in my sig and be magically transported.

I would probably post there, but I can never motivate myself to post at more than one messageboard at a time in any field. I mean, the longest I've ever done it before just getting bored with one and dropping it was the two weeks or so at the CorvetteActionCenter.com forums when I thought I was getting a red '95 coupe.

Also, I can't stand people who take these things so seriously so as to get into fights on them and actually feel a need to create another board to avoid the bullshit, which they then subsequently get into fights about (not on the actual board, but about it). Kudos on the awesome graphics you guys made up for it though.

Guest Crucifixio Jones
Also, I can't stand people who take these things so seriously so as to get into fights on them and actually feel a need to create another board to avoid the bullshit, which they then subsequently get into fights about (not on the actual board, but about it).

I actually totally agree with you about that. The incident happened rather close to SNKT's first opening, but the truth is SNKT wasn't created because me and MIB had problems with or got banned from WDI or any other board. It was something we had been talking about for a LONG while. We just wanted to provide an alternative. It was never, "This place sucks and I hate everyone here, I'm starting my own board!" Far from it. Most people think that's what happened but it's truly a misconception.

When me and MiB first came up with the idea, it was just us brainstorming late one night, and we were in good standing with both boards. But in talking to each other, we started talking about things we'd like to see in a board that other places don't really provide. Instead of making suggestions that woulld just fall on deaf ears, we just started a place from scratch.

Others have created boards out of protest and resentment (Dave's "SuperHappyFunElitist" board springs to mind) but SNKT really wasn't and isn't about that. Those other boards never last anyway. It's only so long a board can exist out of mere hatred for another board, which is stupid to begin with.

See, that's what I mean. I would never think to create a board of any kind, or care enough about them to say if I was in good standing at one or some similar statement. This stuff is a distraction for me, I don't get worked up over it at all, as you can tell by my disdain for flaming and fairly random posts in threads with things that are funny to me and no one else. That's how I get my jollies out of these: ignore everyone and say things that sound good in my head.

I still admire those who feel differently, to an extent. It's good to want to promote actual productive discussion in a relaxed environment and provide a place for it. I'm just not the person to do it. I looooooooves me some chaos.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Well, when I say I was in "good standing" I was only alluding to the fact that no one had enough of a problem with ME to ban me yet. I could care less about my "standing" or beefing with others. It's other posters that enjoy or care about beefing with ME. I can't control that. When I say "good standing" I make that statment through THEIR eyes, not my own.

I also could give a shit about the messageboard scene as a whole, but when I DO visit a messageboard I appreciate actually having a good discussion and not having over a thousand morons ruin every thread. Seems the only way I could ensure that was to create my own. It doesn't mean the shit is my life.

Guest Ecto Cooler
I also could give a shit about the messageboard scene as a whole, but when I DO visit a messageboard I appreciate actually having a good discussion and not having over a thousand morons ruin every thread. Seems the only way I could ensure that was to create my own. It doesn't mean the shit is my life.

My my, someone is full of himself.

I also could give a shit about the messageboard scene as a whole, but when I DO visit a messageboard I appreciate actually having a good discussion and not having over a thousand morons ruin every thread.  Seems the only way I could ensure that was to create my own.  It doesn't mean the shit is my life.

If by full of himself you mean speaking the truth, then yes I agree 100%.

Guest The Old Me

Why was Big T banned? I surely didn't see anything worth banning, unless Bruiser Chong whined to the mods? Christ.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

He was a previously banned poster probably.

And he made inappropriate comments about gays.

Bruiser, you would be a disgrace to homosexuals EVERYWHERE.

I believe that is, but whatever, stupid people usually defend their own, so it's no surprise you're upset "she" was banned.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I also could give a shit about the messageboard scene as a whole, but when I DO visit a messageboard I appreciate actually having a good discussion and not having over a thousand morons ruin every thread.  Seems the only way I could ensure that was to create my own.  It doesn't mean the shit is my life.

How is he full of himself? He comes to the internet to satisfy himself, so why shouldn't he look out for number one? I don't give a shit about how you fucks are doing as long as I am having a good time. He just happens to nejoy good conversation, he couldn't do it here, so he opened his own message board - Oh My God, he's such a heel!! Plus, while being "full of himself" by opening his own message board, he is giving people an alternative to the other quantity over quality message boards *ahemTSMahem*. There aren't stupid clique catchphrases and secret handshakes *gaspWDIgasp*. Its just a place to converse, and it compliments this place perfectly. If you don't have any opinions or actual intellectual insights, it isn't the place for you. Its not being arrogent at all, using one's mind should happen everyday...even on the internet.

Ahh but you see, there are those who believe that using your mind on the Internet just isn't right. To each their own, so if people like the 'net for just killing time and nothing more, here you go, if you like to discuss things, there's SNKT, if you wanna goof around but not deal with an abundance of wannabe smarks and trolls, there's WDI. Something for everyone, sez I.

Guest Ecto Cooler

How is he full of himself? He comes to the internet to satisfy himself, so why shouldn't he look out for number one? I don't give a shit about how you fucks are doing as long as I am having a good time. He just happens to nejoy good conversation, he couldn't do it here, so he opened his own message board - Oh My God, he's such a heel!! Plus, while being "full of himself" by opening his own message board, he is giving people an alternative to the other quantity over quality message boards *ahemTSMahem*. There aren't stupid clique catchphrases and secret handshakes *gaspWDIgasp*. Its just a place to converse, and it compliments this place perfectly. If you don't have any opinions or actual intellectual insights, it isn't the place for you. Its not being arrogent at all, using one's mind should happen everyday...even on the internet.

Alright, there seems to be confusion here.

When I originally read:

"I appreciate actually having a good discussion and not having over a thousand morons ruin every thread. Seems the only way I could ensure that was to create my own."

I thought he was talking about creating his own threads, not his own board. That's what i considered arrogant. I had no clue he created SNKT.

I was wrong in saying that, my bad.

Guest The Old Me
Bruiser, you would be a disgrace to homosexuals EVERYWHERE.

I believe that is, but whatever, stupid people usually defend their own, so it's no surprise you're upset "she" was banned.

How is that inappropriate? Please, keep your pot shots to yourself. I could care less if "she" is a he, or so on and so forth. I just love laughing at people like yourself who get all pissed off on forums.

Are you worked up? I'm not, so who're you talking about? You asked a question, I provided what's probably the correct answer so I fail to see how I'm getting worked up. Care to explain?

I think we've found a new name for this folder.

*Joins chant*

But seriously, sometimes less is more. The guys at WDI and SKNT are pretty cool and you can get into conversations and debates more easily there, since you don't have to wade through a bunch of other nonsense topics to find them, like you have to here sometimes.

Guest The Old Me

I am not trying to imply that WDI or SNKT are bad places, and I apologize Bruiser, as I saw the tone of your e-mail as being somewhat hostile and worked up. We both just see message boards as two different things.

Guest The Pirate in White
That's what I come on the boards for, yet people seem to hate the fact that I like to discuss things and such instead of just posting crap like "OMG FUCK THAT D00D +1~!" I know I'm not asking for a whole lot, because there was a time when these places were actually used for discussion and not just "making friends" and dicking around.

I don't see what's so bad about making nice on the Internet. It's not like there's robots posting here; these are real people. Why not be friendly? I'm personally a quiet guy, I never got IM or anything, but, I dunno, it seems like friendly chat doesn't get in the way of discussion and it shouldn't be lumped together with dicking around and post whoring and whatnot.

But, I can definitely see where you miss the good discussion and I think that's why SNKT is so cool. It's like a throwback. If SNKT was a rapper, it would wear an old, orange and yellow Astros jersey.

'Course there's nothing wrong with TSM either. You just have to watch your step sometimes, or you'll get sucked in by the tomfoolery.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Yes, since version 1.0 was SOOOOOOO successful.

Johnson is pretty clever actually. He pisses so many people off but he can't be banned because he actually does nothing wrong. I'd say he was an attention whore, but it's given to him freely by posters like Choken One who devotes 10 of his 150 post per day taking random shots at Johnson. And what irks people the most is that he WAS banned, but it was found to be an error whilst everybody was celebrating.

I swear, Banky, DJ Jeff, and Johnson are some of the smartest posters to graze this forum because they knew just what to do to make everyone around look like complete asses.

I thought Best Buy was banned from here like twice.