TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

NCAA Greatest Games

After a 4 OT game against Iowa (I was Penn State) I ended up with a 875 total. God it was back and forth.

OT #1: Picked him off in endzone. Got to the goal line and my FB fumbles and they recover.

OT #2: FG's for both

OT #3: Play Action TD to my WR but miss the mandatory 2 pt conversion. Iowa just runs it up my ass and gets a TD as well but fails the 2pt as well.

OT #4: 4th and 3 on the 15 so I have to go for the 1st down. FB gains on 2 yds but by the grace of god I get a face mask called against Iowa. I manage to get a TD with a swing pass to the HB. Got the 2pt on this drive. Iowa's drive was ALMOST successful as they went from the 11 on 4th and 15 after a sack. QB option up the middle and I literally get him just INCHES from a 1st down.

I needed a beer after that one. Game lasted over an hour and a half total of back and forth.

Guest Deebo

I've had one that was 1,000 and something. I dont have the game on right now so I don't remember exactly what it was. I was Auburn against Alabama, it's 24-17 they're winning in the 4th quarter. I drove to the 5 yard line and Cadillac Williams fumbled and they recovered. After they did two running plays, on third down I sacked their QB and he fumbled it. I recovered on their 3 yard line and ran it in, went to OT.. First overtime, both field goals. Second, I get shut down, they get the ball all the way down to the 2 yard line on the first play. First play they do a run and I stop them, second I stop the run, third they go for a pass and I sack them on about the 8 yard line. They go for the FG.. it goes in, but there was a flag, they got called for clipping. They re-kick, and FALSE START. I was in utter shock, five more yards back, and they kick the FG and it bounces off the goal-post. I got the ball for the next OT and got a TD run on the first play. They got down to the 4 yard line and I intercepted the pass on 4th down and goal to get the win. I was spent after all that shit.

So...since the other NCAA thread is buried in other pages, how about some general Dynasty discussion here?

I just won the National Championship in my 6th year with UNCW. From 1 star to champs in 6 years. Eh, I probably could have done better. In the offseason after winning the championship, I lose Ellington(QB who came in 2nd in the Heisman voting), Butler(CB and kick returner who had 8 career defensive and 3 career return TDs), and Walter(NCAA all time career sack leader, ended his career with 55.)

But yet, I'm still confident about this new season. Mainly because I have a Freshman(redshirted last year) QB who's got a speed of 86. 86...for a fucking QB. That's insane.

I'm currently in my first dynasty at 8-0 and #12 in the country as Penn State. I've already beaten 3 Top 25 teams and my next game is against #1 Ohio State.

My LOLB as 22~! sacks so far. My WR has over 1500yds receiving with 17 TDs and my QB is at 2300 yds passing. Too bad my QB is a senior and will leave next season.

My D is BADASS. Average yards against me for the season is like 150. This is on All Pro. My DT/DE's are just monsters and get such a good push that my LBs just have clear paths to the QB or HB.

That an no one trys to pass on my very often since my secondary just shuts everyone down.

I'm not sure if I can beat Ohio State though since my last game was against Iowa and it went into 4 OT and like Ohio State they outrank me in the catergories ( A to my B+ etc.).

Should be a fun game that will determine if I can get a good bowl game.

I had my first greatest game today. Scored an 1129.

I used #23 Purdue against #20 Notre Dame for the Shilleleigh Trophy (I like to get all the rivalry trophies). At one point in the second quarter I go down 17-3 when Vontez Duff picks off my pass and goes 90 yards for a TD. I get another field goal before the half, and was driving downfield for another one but I couldn't call the timeout before the first half ended. So it's ND 17, Purdue 6 at the half.

Second half, I get a touchdown, and go for 2. I choose a crappy play, and knew it but didn't want to waste a timeout, so I threw...the ball hit a ND player in the chest, and fell into the hands of John Standeford, who started diving for the ball and wound up with it before it hit the ground. I've never seen a play like that before in the 10+ years I've been playing football video games. ND 17, Purdue 14.

Now I'm stopping ND (their running game was tearing me up, and Holliday was actually completing passes, unlike when I use them). On offense I'm using Purdue's spread offense to maximum effect, mixing draws and counters with short drag passes. I score a TD, and on ND's ensuing possession I return a pick 30 yards for a score. So now Purdue is up 28-17, and I'm thinking I got it made.

Of course here is where Lee Corso says, "Not so fast, my friend". I'm talking on the phone with my friend about the game, and right when I say that I got it made I give up a 60 yard kick return. Notre Dame puts it in the end zone to cut the lead to 4, 28-24.

I get a field goal to go up 31-24. With just under 5 minutes left, ND starts another drive. I decide to blitz, and play bump and run. Well someone ran...it was ND's Rhema McKnight, who caught the pass and ran 60 yards for the game tying touchdown.

So with about 4:30 to go in the fourth, I begin the drive. On one point I failed on 3rd down, but went for it on 4th in my own territory and got it. Using runs and short passes I get to the 20 yard line. I run a counter to the right side, and Jerod Void rips his way to the 1 yard line. I punch it in from the one with 37 seconds left to go up 38-31.

With 37 seconds left it's time for ND to begin their own drive. A couple of big passes by Holliday move ND up to the Purdue 19. With two seconds left, Holliday's pass is broken up by a Purdue defensive back, and I got the victory and my first greatest game, Purdue 38, Notre Dame 31. One of the best games I've played in my life.

How do you get those ratings for your games? Does it display them automatically somewhere? I haven't been poking around in the special features too much, as I've just been playing my MARYLAND~! dynasty. Currently, I'm 3-1, with my sole loss to FSU, and ranked #10 in the country. Bruce Perry is a fucking HOUSE.

You get them depending on how "exciting" a game is. I got mine against Iowa in my dynasty. A blowout doesn't get if for you... mostly seems to be down to the wire games or close ones.

You get them depending on how "exciting" a game is. I got mine against Iowa in my dynasty. A blowout doesn't get if for you... mostly seems to be down to the wire games or close ones.

I also think that the game has to be decided in the final minute as well. I had a Minnesota/Iowa game where I won by two but didn't get a Greatest Game score. I think it was because I was winning by two with about four minutes left when I got the ball back, and then ground out a four minute long drive to seal the victory. With the Notre Dame/Purdue game I scored with 37 seconds left then stopped them in the red zone.

How do you get those ratings for your games? Does it display them automatically somewhere? I haven't been poking around in the special features too much, as I've just been playing my MARYLAND~! dynasty. Currently, I'm 3-1, with my sole loss to FSU, and ranked #10 in the country. Bruce Perry is a fucking HOUSE.

After you finish a greatest game, when it shifts to the End Game screen a pop up will come up saying congrats for playing your number so and so greatest game and it will give you a greatest game score.

I just had a bizarre ranking for a game. Playing as Ohio University (Go Bobcats!), I was in my dynasty against Kent State. I ended up winning 24-17 in regulation and led by two scores for virtually the entire game. They scored on the final play to make the difference 7, but that was basically irrelevant.

The game scored a 1089, my No. 1 greatest game of all time. It wasn't a rivalry, or anything. Just another conference game. No overtime or anything either.

I think that's the first time I've had a ranking that was totally BS.

Well, my best so far came in my second dynasty. Unranked Rice (me) upset #22 Nebraska on the road 24-17 in overtime. In it I had a 14-0 lead until the 3rd quarter, then they score 17 points as I turn the ball over 3 TIMES (no they don't use catch up AI). I kick a 41 yard field goal that JUST made it over the crossbar with about a minute left to send it into OT. I get the ball first and get no gain on 1st down, sacked for 15 on 2nd down, then incomplete pass on third down. With the wind in my face I have to go for it and hit a 28 yard post route for a 1st down. I go into power-I and jam it down their throats for a TD. They get the ball, and somehow their WR breaks 3 tackles and takes the ball to the three. I drop my corners into zone to take away the outside and sure enough they try to throw an out. CB picks the ball and it's bye bye Huskers! Total score of 1243.

My greatest game was around 975 I think. I was Marshall taking on Texas in the second year in the national championship 31-10 at the half. It was one of those games where nothing was working. Then the comeback began. I ended up taking the lead toward the 5:00 mark of the 4th 34-31. Then they go down the field and score, I am down 38-34 with 2 minutes left and all 3 TOs. I drive down the field and score with about 20 seconds left to win the game and national championship 41-38.

Guest NCJ

My greatest game came in SEC Championship game versus Georgia who was the number 2 ranked team in the nation. I was trallying by 10 going into the fourth quarter. Scored a TD went for two and failed. They got a field goal, and I took the next play 80 yards with Cedric Cobbs to the house to end regulation. First drive of OT I stop them. I get the balll and go in on one play. Points 1533.

I just got my second greatest game, using #19 Florida against #3 Miami in the Orange Bowl. I managed to go into the fourth quarter holding on to an 18-17 lead. Miami drove down the field, then fooled me by handing off to their fullback Quadtrine Hill for a twenty yard score. They went for two and missed so it's 23-18. I started a drive down the field and had a third down with 5:08 left. Under heavy pressure (as I was the entire game) I got off a pass to Carlos Perez, who broke a tackle and took it 60 yards for the score and a 24-23 lead. I went for two and missed. With just over 2 minutes left, Deshawn Carter picked off a pass and returned it 40 yards for a score to make it 30-23, 31-23 with the extra point. Miami got the ball to the Florida 23. I then stopped them on four straight pass plays, the last with 21 seconds on the clock. I just kneeled down twice to kill the clock. Florida 31, Miami 23. Greatest game score was a 609.

Your second greatest game? I have gotten eight so far. :-p

Ha ha. I prefer to jump my opponents early, beat them into submission and then cruise in the final three quarters. That way I don't need to worry about stopping a final drive.