TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cherry Blossom Viscount

Two McMahons Go Over

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
Stone Cold's promos-

Christian- you suck! You're fighting a 60 year old man!

Eric Bischoff- You're a big stupid son of a bitch. Have fun fighting Kane!

Shane- Bischoff likes big boobs- kick his ass!

What interesting promos eh Johnson?

But what does Austin beating people up accomplish?

It doesn't draw any money. It doesn't make an ACTIVE WRESTLER look any good.

It just makes Stone Cold Steve Austin, a retired and unentertaining wrestler, over.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you there bob. SCSA does draw. Whether he is wrestling or not, people want to see him. And as far as what he says goes, that is what is funny. I loved it when SC told Coach he couldn't carry JR's jock strap.

Like I said, it is a matter of opinion and IMO SCSA is the most entertaining thing on RAW.

SCSA does draw.

Prove it. Wrestlemania with him v. Rock did not do that well.

Whether he is wrestling or not, people want to see him.

That's great- Does that mean he should go over active wrestlers?

And as far as what he says goes, that is what is funny. I loved it when SC told Coach he couldn't carry JR's jock strap.

I'm glad it doesn't take much to make you laugh.

Like I said, it is a matter of opinion and IMO SCSA is the most entertaining thing on RAW.

Despite the fact that he hasn't had a match on RAW since March?

Despite the fact that he makes active wrestlers look weak?

Despite the fact that in his current position he can't make the company money?

Guest Goodear

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you there bob. SCSA does draw. Whether he is wrestling or not, people want to see him.

Really? Then why didn't the Redneck Triathalon, the only Stone Cold segment that was actually advertised for a pay per view before hand not bring up the buy rate? I am sure that people pop when they see Austin, but they also do the same for The Undertaker and Hulk Hogan and neither one of those guys help ratings anymore. That is where Austin is now, people like to see him but aren't paying to do so.

And as far as what he says goes, that is what is funny. I loved it when SC told Coach he couldn't carry JR's jock strap.

That was simply an old cliche' that I would have to think 99.9999% of the populace has heard before. It's not so hysterically funny that it should raise more than a tiny smirk at most. What's next for Stone Cold, your momma jokes?

Prove it. Wrestlemania with him v. Rock did not do that well.

I have already stated that one match doesn't mean shit when talking about an entire card.

That's great- Does that mean he should go over active wrestlers?

That is his role, and the sooner people like you realize that the sooner people like you will realize the he really isn't going over on anybody. You just have to take what he does for what it is, entertainment.*

I'm glad it doesn't take much to make you laugh.

That was just one example.

Despite the fact that he hasn't had a match on RAW since March?

Despite the fact that he makes active wrestlers look weak?

Despite the fact that in his current position he can't make the company money?

*See two replies above.

I have already stated that one match doesn't mean shit when talking about an entire card.

Considering how hyped the match was- You would think it would make some dent. It didn't.

You still haven't proven how Austin is a draw.

That is his role, and the sooner people like you realize that the sooner people like you will realize the he really isn't going over on anybody. You just have to take what he does for what it is, entertainment.*

So him stunnering La Resistance right before they won the tag titles is entertainment?

Him stunning Jericho before his big rematch with HBK is entertainment?

Him stunning Christian (the former IC Champ) is entertainment?

Him beating up Kane and being the first man to make him bleed is entertainment?

He is going over people- He is making himself (a non wrestler) look better then an active wrestler.

That was just one example.

I pointed out other Austin promos as well.

Considering how hyped the match was- You would think it would make some dent. It didn't.

You still haven't proven how Austin is a draw.

Nor have you proven how he isn't. What do you want me to do? Start an online poll somewhere to see how many people go to a show to see SCSA?

So him stunnering La Resistance right before they won the tag titles is entertainment?

He is going over people- He is making himself (a non wrestler) look better then an active wrestler.

Yes! :lol:

Nor have you proven how he isn't. What do you want me to do? Start an online poll somewhere to see how many people go to a show to see SCSA?

YOU'RE the one who claimed Austin was a draw. The onus is on you to prove it. I showed you Wrestlemania XIX as an example.

Yes!

I'm so glad that you find the fact that a non wrestler going over people who work 200 days a year and haven't gotten a rub like Austin got is entertaining.

YOU'RE the one who claimed Austin was a draw. The onus is on you to prove it. I showed you Wrestlemania XIX as an example.

Yes!

I'm so glad that you find the fact that a non wrestler going over people who work 200 days a year and haven't gotten a rub like Austin got is entertaining.

I don't have every wrestling fans preference of who they want to see sitting here in front of me. It is nearly impossible to prove what a single wrestler draws. From the reation the crowd gives SCSA you'd think that the majority came to the show to see him, among others.

I don't have every wrestling fans preference of who they want to see sitting here in front of me. It is nearly impossible to prove what a single wrestler draws. From the reation the crowd gives SCSA you'd think that the majority came to the show to see him, among others.

Then don't make claims about Austin drawing unless you can back them up. People pop big for Hogan and Taker but they don't draw either

Then don't make claims about Austin drawing unless you can back them up. People pop big for Hogan and Taker but they don't draw either

Sorry for over stepping my bounds, but I still think that SCSA draws.

Despite your complete lack of evidence. That's beautiful.

It's pretty sad that Austin is still so paranoid about his spot that he has to still be booked strong.

I wish he never came back

I wish Orton would piledrive Austin onto a glass table and then piss on him. It'd solve two problems, Austin would be out (unless he no sells it) and the Orton bashers might just shut up becuase he would finally be over.

Not for nothing, but a public beatdown and humiliation of Austin will not change the fact that Orton is vanilla custard in the ring and on the mike, two things that keep wrestlers over consistently. In fact, someone as undistinguished as Orton would have to personally cart Austin's paralyzed body to every arena and beat him with a baseball bat every week for him to maintain any kind of heat.

Translation: I'm not feeling it.

I was hoping Coach would have given SCSA a nutshot while he was facing Christian. Then Christian could have stomped SCSA while he was down, they still walk off together, they still get heel heat, SCSA gets face heat and all ends well.

I really hope this is leading towards Coach taking over for either King or JR. He's never impressed me as a face announcer but playing heel would be much more entertaining.

The funny part was that when Coach was back on commentary for the Lawler match, JR started putting down Coach, saying things like "There's a match on." My first thought was that JR never says that when his boyfriend Lawler goes on about puppies or a wrestler's virginity.

If I were Coach, I would have just said "Puppies" nonstop.

Guest Trivia247

maybe this all is another reason we have to get together and bankroll a TNA tv deal for them.

Guest BionicRedneck

Seriously, it's only a crappy worker, a really, really, really crappy comentator and a non-wrestler who Austin made look weak, so who really cares?

WWE will never improve as far as workrate/or creativity goes until another WCW comes along that can actively compete with WWE on a national level.

maybe this all is another reason we have to get together and bankroll a TNA tv deal for them.

So there can be another federation with screwjob finishers and non-wrestlers? No thanks

Vince has no competition. He books things for his own amusement. Plus, he probably walked away with a couple of mil $ last year so he is happier than a pig in shit. Sad but true.

I don't believe this. I think it is a far bigger problem than that. In his deluded mind he probably thinks we do want to see McMahon's all over the TV.

So there can be another federation with screwjob finishers and non-wrestlers? No thanks

OK, what if we get ROH a TV deal?

Guest thrall585

It isn't about if you are a wrestler or a non wrestler, it is about who the fans care about the most. The fans clearly care about Austin the most. So therefore, he should go over all of those people. Now you will say something like "what about JR? The fans clearly care about him more than somebody like Christian, if a match occured between those two, should JR go over?" and my answer to that is yes. JR doesn't have to beat him clean. He can get Lawler's help in beating Christian because that is what the fans want. Or if they want to extend the feud, have JR beat him with some help later.

And Austin beating up those guys is entertainment, because it is a very entertaining face beating up not as entertaining heels, and that is always entertaining. Now if Billy Gunn beat up John Cena on the other hand, that wouldn't be entertaining because Cena is more entertaining than Gunn.

Edited by thrall585