TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Korrosive

What was the most shocking good match ever?

Guest Korrosive

But ended up good. I'm going to have to vote for Trish vs Stephanie at No Way Out. Going in, I thought it was going to be the worst match of the year...but those 2 girls tore the roof off that place. Any other matches you could think of?

Guest The Real Nosferatu

um...Thats like the only one I can think of. Hogan/Warrior if you want to go old school. Both terrible workers, but pulled off a ***1/2 match (thanks to Hogan)

But ended up good. I'm going to have to vote for Trish vs Stephanie at No Way Out. Going in, I thought it was going to be the worst match of the year...but those 2 girls tore the roof off that place. Any other matches you could think of?

I second that. Its my guilty peasure.

Sadly some would say, Out of all the matches I have on tape that is the match I have seen the most times.

Guest Ray

Goldberg vs Flair - Raw

hey, I liked it!

That's all I can think of right now.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Its rare to think a match will suck and it ends up being good.

It's a LOT easier to name matches you thought would rule but ended up sucking ass.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Brock/UT HIAC and HHH/Nash HIAC.

I expected those to suck but ended up being good.

Guest Unwritten Religion

Kurt Angle Vs Kane- US Title Match

Kane Vs Triple H- IC Title

Stone Cold Vs Undertaker- WWF Title(At Judgment Day)

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Aside from some of those listed on here - Test vs. Shane McMahon from SummerSlam 1999 really shocked me, mainly because neither had even had a good match before then.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Shane vs. Xpac from WM 15 too. It wasn't too bad and I expected a shitfest.

Thanks for the reminder on Shane matches WoW.

Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H-SummerSlam 2002.

Remember how it seem like everyone on the net was predicting that match would blow since HHH sucked and Shawn hadn't wrestled in 5 years?

That match was one of the highlights of SummerSlam and part of the reason why it was an awesome PPV and the best PPV of 2002.

Rocky Vs Rikishi - Survivor Series 2000

Test Vs Val Venis - A couple weeks back on Heat

Test Vs Shane - Summerslam 1999

Wow, two Test Matches. I MARK FOR TEST!

Please don't shoot me.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

::drops gun::

Shane v. Vince from WM X-7

UT/HHH from WM X-7

Guest The Real Nosferatu

The Recent Elimination Chamber match.

Odd Side Note: I posted more in the past 24 hours than all the other usual posters who do. I guess relaxing includes arguing over Shane Mcmahon and HHH. LOL

::Gets a gun toshoot myself::

Guest Showstoppa Icon

not that anyone saw it but i saw an Albert/Benoit match at a house show in January which amazed me....it was ** to ***, and made me wonder if Benoit can have a good match with anyone.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Hogan/Koko b. Ware vs Honky Tonk man and kamala better than it had any right to be (and over 15 minutes long!)

I REALLY did not want to see Brock/Rock, but that turned out to be incredibly great, IMO.

The Stretcher Match at JD '03 between Show/Brock was LOADS better than I ever expected. I REALLY liked that match and I fell in love with thier ongoing feud from there. (Although it was near the end).

This Elimination chamber was also great to me, and I was really into it, much more than I expected.

HHH/Shawn from SS 02 was probably the biggest surprise along with Brock/UT from No Mercy. Those were all mentioned.

One I found very good that wasn't mentioned was Flair/HHH from the Raw a couple of onths ago. Flair was absolutely wonderful in that match. HHH busted his ass and sold very well, and it blew the socks off of their previous few matches.

Guest Coffey

The Ultimate Warrior Vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage; Career Vs. Career @ Wrestlemania VII.

I still have never seen that or the Savage/Flair Wrestlemania encounter because I can't find them online. I really hate I can't see those anytime soon. Perhaps on the upcoming Flair DVD the Savage Wrestlemania match will be included.

I still have never seen that or the Savage/Flair Wrestlemania encounter because I can't find them online. I really hate I can't see those anytime soon. Perhaps on the upcoming Flair DVD the Savage Wrestlemania match will be included.

You need to see it. Awesome stuff.

So I've heard. My only problem is that when viewing a lot of old school stuff, I asn't able to get into all the hype or the storyline and don't pick up on very subtle things in the match. I didn't enjoy Steamboat/Savage near as much because I'm probably too spoiled by newer generation matches featuring much more over the top bumping and faster pacing. I didn't enjoy it much at all.

I just hope I will enjoy these more because I am a big Savage fan.

Guest Coffey

I have the Coliseum Home Video of a match between Randy Savage and HBK (when HBK was heel with Sherri). It was right after Savage's title win at Mania and he is STILL selling the leg work that Flair did to him.

Good stuff.

EDIT: WWF World Tour is what it's called.

didn't savage hit warrior with about 3 or 4 Big Elbows in a row and Warrior kicked out? How much longer did Randy actively wrestle or remain a big piece of the pie in the WWF after THAT? That is career killing.

Could you imagine someone like Brock doing about 4 F5s in a row and have the challenger kcik out and go on to win? Yikes.