TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray

Ric Flair's best match....

Guest Ray

With the recent discussion of a Ric Flair DVD (and the many "they'll fill it with current stuff!" posts), I thought of this question:

What is the best Flair match since he returned to WWF/E in late 2001?

My memory fails me at the moment, can't recall many others so I'll say the Triple H match on Raw. I enjoyed it.

Well yeah, the match with Triple H must take the cake, great event-long storyline, and a good match.

Guest Dynamite Kido
The Wrestlemania match v. Taker

I would have to agree with that one.

I'm sure vs Vince McMahon at Royal Rumble 2002 will be on there, and probably vs Chris Jericho at SummerSlam 2002. Not that I like those matches, but I bet they'll be on it.

Guest ToddRoyal

Sadly I think those were the last 2 Really good matches Flair has had. He's had others that weren't BAD by any stretch (Vs. Michaels, and Vs. Jericho come to mind) but those were the only two matches since Flair/Sting on the last Nitro that made me really CARE about a Ric Flair match. Sucks, but there's always videotape.

With that said, I'll go with the HHH Raw match, as it was just Classic Flair Emotion in the match and the last match on RAW that made me sit on the edge of my seat and cheer and boo. God Bless Flair for that.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I momentarily had the feeling Flair might actually pull off the win and lose it at the next PPV.

I marked out for Flairs eye poke, low blow, and title belt to the head string of moves.

Flair Vs. HHH this year was damn good, but the WM match with Undertaker has my top pick on my favorite Flair match since his WWE return. Flair Vs. McMahon is up there too.

I enjoy pretty much any Flair match but loved vs Taker also being there in person made it all the better.

Ric Flair vs Undertaker at WrestleMania X8 was pretty damn good. I also enjoyed Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels at Badd Blood and against Chris Jericho at Summerslam and Unforgiven.

His match with HHH, probably the best RAW match in at least a year, and then his match with UT at WMX8 gets on here for two over 40s wrestling a helluva brawl, and oh yeah, Arn Anderson. SPINEBUSTAH. Nuff said. When he hit it, raised the four fingers, and rolled out, I absolutely jumped out of my fucking seat. And Flair bled like a muthafucka.

His match with HHH, probably the best RAW match in at least a year, and then his match with UT at WMX8 gets on here for two over 40s wrestling a helluva brawl, and oh yeah, Arn Anderson. SPINEBUSTAH. Nuff said. When he hit it, raised the four fingers, and rolled out, I absolutely jumped out of my fucking seat. And Flair bled like a muthafucka.

Yup, that one caught me unawares. I'd like to possess such timing at that age...

To be honest, I actually enjoyed Flair/McMahon more than Flair/Taker on first viewing, but of course in the first instance I'd had a long period without Flair, and that made it more special. Come to think of it, I hate just about every taker match I've ever watched live, because there's usually about 5 of us and we can all call the entire thing for the most part. But yeah, A second viewing was kinder to it.

Guest The Old Me

I'd have to go with his match against HHH. For a small moment, it really made you wonder what the outcome would be.

Guest Frank The Tank

I have to rewatch it once I get the Flair DVD, but I don't remember thinking the Flair/Trips match was all that. I'd give it 2 3/4* at the most, and I think the Taker match is way better.