TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

The Announcing Situation

I was happy to have Lawler back, but only because I was a mark. I was only smartened up in the middle of last year you know.

I think the problem with Jim Ross is that Jerry Lawler drags him down. For Raw to move forward they really have to realize that these two together offer nothing to the product they are calling. They give the impression to the viewer at home that nothing has changed all that much since 1998 and their act is tired making the show all the more tired.

If someone in the truck would tell Lawler to tone down the shtick a bit, go back to being a heel, stop drolling over puppies and come across like he does in shoot interviews rather than the squealing voice pre pubescent moron he's become - maybe there would be hope.

Lawler and Ross have run their course however and it's time to move on. I say they run an angle where Lawler gets injured. Experiment a bit with a color commentator for Ross. Bring in DDP for a week. Dusty Rhodes. Kevin Nash. Teddy Long. Coach. See if there is a chemistry with any of them. Maybe consider a three man team.

When Lawler returns he can get a King's Court segment on Raw and the color gig for Heat.

Guest God Junior
Oh, and Heyman sucks on commentary. If you had to listen to him for another three weeks, you'd remember why you were all cheering your asses off for Lawler at Survivor Series 2001.

I loved the Heyman/JR team. You could tell they legitimately hated each other, and it came off great on TV. I also liked how Heyman would call JR out on a lot of his stupid calls which King would just ignore.

Guest BionicRedneck

The WWE fans love JR and King, as was proved when Coach took over from JR and everybody booed his ass, so removing them wouldn't be a good idea, IMO.

They (Ross and Lawler) need to go and watch an old tape from around 98 and compare it to what they do now.