TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Matches on PPV the most

For some reason, this popped up in my head earlier. What single or tag match has been on PPV the most? Here are the ones I thought of.

Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair

Steiner Bros. vs. Harlem Heat

Steve Austin vs. Undertaker

Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

The Rock vs. Ken Shamrock

Guest pete

Any combination of Hardyz, Dudleyz, and E&C. Hogan/Flair, Flair/Savage, Sting/Vader,Foley/HHH, Rock/HHH,Benoit/Jericho

Rick and Scott Steiner had no contests for about 4 months in WCW. I think in one match they went about 5 minutes before Rick won.

Flair/Hogan

HHH/Rock

HHH/Austin

Trish/Jazz

Guest Choken One

and that match was juxtacomposed with a tag match with Rick and Kenny Kaos against Scott and Giant.

^^^

Actually, Buff Bagwell was Rick's partner, but he turned on him about 5 seconds in to the match. That led to the whole Judy Bagwell/Kenny Kaos mess. Leave it to WCW to put a title on Buff Bagwell's mother. Thank the lord the Steiner/Kaos team was forgotten and we got teams like Benoit/Malenko, Raven/Saturn, Hennig/Windham, and Kidman/Mysterio to attempt to salvage that mess of a division.

Guest Deviant

Actually, ECW only started PPVs in 1997. How many Dreamer vs Raven matches were on PPV? Barely Legal had the 4-way and Raven vs Funk. When Raven returned after quitting WCW he teamed with Dreamer for the majority of his year there before sacrificing his career for a WWE contract.

But Lynn/RVD and Guido/Crazy/Tajiri combinations or 3 ways, absolutely.

Rock and Austin have had quite a few, as have Jericho and Benoit. But I would put my money on HHH and Rock for the most.

Eddie vs. Malenko has only been on PPV twice - Uncensored 97 and Starrcade 97.

Without a doubt, the title for most overused PPV pairing goes to the Rock vs. Triple H...

Survivor Series 96

IYH: Final Four

Fully Loaded 98

Summer Slam 98

Over the Edge 99

Fully Loaded 99

Unforgiven 99

Survivor Series 99

WrestleMania 00

Backlash 00

Insurrextion 00

Judgment Day 00

King of the Ring 00

Summer Slam 00

Armageddon 00

...and although it wasn't a PPV, you could probably add Global Warning to that mix.

Actually, ECW only started PPVs in 1997. How many Dreamer vs Raven matches were on PPV?

I was counting all the named events before the PPV's as well. Even then though, I guess it's not that overused.

EDIT: Add anything with the Dudley Boyz vs Spike and a partner.