TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nl5xsk1

Should Raw and Smackdown move ...

Now that VKM has "won" the Monday Night Wars, do you guys think that it would be advantageous for him to move off of Monday and Thursday nights? We all talk about how the ratings will be effected by Monday Night Football starting up. And Thursday always has things like the MTV awards and college football and "Must See TV" on NBC.

How about moving Raw to Tuesday (still tape it on Monday night, though, so a pop can be edited in for hhh, Orton, etc.) and move Smackdown to Wednesday (either tape it on Monday or Tuesday).

This would allow them to avoid the MNF competition and potentially take away from TNA as well.

Your thoughts?

Would make sense..... but it is WWE were talking about here. So i'm thinking theres no chance in hell of that happening soon.

No for RAW. Yes for Smackdown.

RAW has become so associated with Monday Night that it would be hard to change it (much like changing MNF to Tuesday or something similar). Many people now only watch RAW out of habit.

Thursday has never been a good night for wrestling and shows like Friends & Survivor take away more of the audience than MNF could ever dream of. Smackdown would do much better if put on Wednesday full-time.

No. A majority of people that watch Raw and Smackdown are doing so more out of habit than anything else. By changing nights the WWE would be asking people to change their viewing habits just for them. They'd end up losing a lot of viewers.

I agree with Kahran. Put Smackdown on Wednesday because Friends and Survivor get so many viewership ratings that it hurts the show. Although it will hurt TNA a bit, Smackdown's ratings will do better.

It would be really stupid to move Raw at this point, as they've had the same night for over ten years, and there is quite a bit of history with it. Also, MNF doesn't really do that much to their ratings as they never seem to drop more than 0.1 or 0.2 when it comes back on the air.

Smackdown, on the other hand, is set up so that it's about half a week from Raw or any upcoming PPV, and that is probably more important than the audience they lose to other shows. The people who can't stand to miss a single episode of Friends probably aren't going to be watching wrestling anyway.

Well Down Under we get RAW on Tuesday Nights and SD on Saturday nights. Another general point.

Guest wwF1587

i like the sd idea (id like it better if i got sd! back where i live again but), as for RAW, it should stay on Monday night, even if it did move, RAW is RAW and thats never a good thing.. i wouldnt watch RAW on Saturday, Wednsday or National Watch RAW Day..