TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DarthLordOfWrestling

The Punisher...

I don't know if this has been covered or not so. I've heard rumors about kevin Nash having a big part in the punisher. Hogan is suppose to have a cameo. And there is John Travolta, who to some people is a good actor but has been in more flops and bombs than anyone else. According to Imdb Kevin Nash is playing a body guard but the rumors said that he plays tombstone.IMDB says Tom Nowicki is playing tombstone. Anyone know whats going on. This movie is going to suck. It better be gorey and rated R too or it is going to be one of the worst of all time!

Thomas Jane from Deep Blue Sea, Original Sin, 61, and.............................................[come on think there's another movie he was in]

Oh, the Sweetest Thing.

Just some points:

1) If Nash plays a frikken bodyguard, then he's nothing in the grand scheme of things. The movie will either rule, be ok, or suck, but it wont have anything to do with Kevin Nash. Nothing at all.

2) I've heard Thomas Jane is actually a good actor. I wouldn't know. But I've heard people complimenting the casting because of that...?

3) The movie's budget is like 30-40 million, so it'll be much easier for it to be a hit and make a profit than say... Hulk.

4) Supposedly they've taken heavy elements from Garth Ennis' recent run on Punisher, which I haven't read.

Hulk was better than X2 or Spiderman so is this a good thing or a bad thing?

You realize that this is your personal opinion and is probably shared with about 5 other people?

Absolutely no way its better than Spiderman. I cant say on X2 because I didn't see it.

So just because Nash has a minor role in the movie means the entire thing's going to suck? C'mon guys, why are we shitting on a movie that hasn't even dropped yet? Complain about it once it comes out if it sucks, but don't start grabbing for straws on reasons to hate it before anyone even sees it. From the few promo shots I've seen, it looks like it's got some potential. And like Marvin, I can't comment on X2 because I haven't seen it, and thanks to Yuna's constant gabbing about the movie, my desire to ever see it has greatly decreased since it was released.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Well, Ive read all of the Ennis run of Punisher, and its pretty good, and IMDB already have elements from that listed (Spacker Dave!!!!!)

Spiderman did indeed, suck balls (except J. Jonah Jameson)

I thought SPider-man and X 2 were both really good. Spider-man was just really overrated. Most people love spider-man and X-2. But I guess everyone has there own opinion

So just because Nash has a minor role in the movie means the entire thing's going to suck? C'mon guys, why are we shitting on a movie that hasn't even dropped yet?

I'm just going by past experiences involving Nash in movie roles -- Super Shredder.

And when did Big Lazy find the time to be on the set?

And how many Confidential specials will be dedicated to his role?

Also, I'm not a comic book guy, but I did read a few Punisher ones because I liked the concept. Jane doesn't really seem like a fit for the Punisher -- am I wrong?...

Guest Random Hero
Also, I'm not a comic book guy, but I did read a few Punisher ones because I liked the concept. Jane doesn't really seem like a fit for the Punisher -- am I wrong?...

You're not wrong. As an aside I really liked Hulk.

Hulk was a GOOD movie.

Of the individuals who disagree, the one's I've encountered largely feel it wasn't good for the simple fact that Ang Lee *gasp!* focused more on the story than having Hulk tear shit up.

Plot-wise, Hulk was easily better than X2 (taking nothing away from that film, which was highly entertaining), and I'd put it on the same level as Spider-Man (which I liked, and didn't think was overrated).

That said, I have bad feelings about Punisher. I just hope it's at least as decent as Daredevil was.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

At this point I haven't heard enough about this film to really make a fair estimation of where I think it's heading. I do think it's a shame though that Marvel is pretending that no Punisher stories were written before Ennis.

Guest El Satanico

Yeah Nash will surely get a large role in the movie. Give me a break with this shit, Nash and/or Hogan won't have any effect on the film.

Did I miss the part where Spider-Man was completely ruined by Randy Savage's appearance?

Travolta has been cast as Howard Saint.

Of the individuals who disagree, the one's I've encountered largely feel it wasn't good for the simple fact that Ang Lee *gasp!* focused more on the story than having Hulk tear shit up.

Bingo. It was the Bad Boys 2 crowd that hated it.

X2 had a lot of great stuff (the opener, Pyro, etc.) but it didn't flow together very well. Hulk made more sense. Hulk had better acting too.

Guest Random Hero
X2>Hulk>Xmen>Daredevil>Spiderman.

That's exactly the same order I rank them in.

X2>Hulk>Xmen>Daredevil>Spiderman.

I agree. I don't know if spider-man was better than X2. so.Spider-man=X-men>X-men>Dadedevil>Hulk

Yeah Nash will surely get a large role in the movie. Give me a break with this shit, Nash and/or Hogan won't have any effect on the film.

Did I miss the part where Spider-Man was completely ruined by Randy Savage's appearance?

Clarification: I'm not saying Nash will ruin the Punisher movie. I meant his presence is sort of like how Jumptheshark.com uses Ted McGinley as an indicator of whether or not a show is on a downward spiral. Note to MrRant: Jumptheshark said this -- not me.

Now if Nash was in the Spiderman move in Macho's role, Mr. Parker could have just stayed at the opposite side of the ring from Nash and win -- it would have taken Kev three minutes just to walk across and swing at him.

Oh, Hulk was OK. I didn't love it like I did Spiderman, but I still thought it was a decent movie. I really liked its comic-style delivery...

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

You realize that this is your personal opinion and is probably shared with about 5 other people?

Absolutely no way its better than Spiderman. I cant say on X2 because I didn't see it.

Well he is right. Personal opinion or not. Hulk actually had a story. Spiderman was just a special effects movie. X2 was just a good action flick.

Punisher has great potential.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Daredevil isn't fit to be in anyone's comic book adaptions equation. There's almost nothing good about that movie. The only thing I can even say I tolerated was the beginning and the backstory stuff. Once it got to present day, it was ALL downhill.