TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DarthLordOfWrestling

The Punisher...

I have yet to see Hulk or Daredevil...are they worth watching? is Daredevil even worth renting?

As far as comic movies go: Batman>Crow>Blade>X-Men>X2>Mystery Men>Blade 2>Spider-Man...IMO

If you love the X-Men films or Spider-Man, you probably won't like Daredevil. It is a smaller, more intiment film. Whereas Spider-Man is a lot of empty space used to sell toys, you get the impression that the filmmakers and actors actually care about Daredevil despite a pretty shoddy budget for a superhero film. It has the best script of the Marvel films, and the best acting as well. Bullseye is the one terribly written character in the movie, and Colin Farrell's performance has him as many people's favourite. It is the editing and special effects that let Daredevil down. Many people also seemed to have a problem with the film being too dark for a comic book movie.

Hulk & Daredevil are the two Marvel movies that actually go beyond fun comic book movie to good movie period. X2 is the best of the rest.

If you love the X-Men films or Spider-Man, you probably won't like Daredevil.  It is a smaller, more intiment film.  Whereas Spider-Man is a lot of empty space used to sell toys, you get the impression that the filmmakers and actors actually care about Daredevil despite a pretty shoddy budget for a superhero film.  It has the best script of the Marvel films, and the best acting as well.  Bullseye is the one terribly written character in the movie, and Colin Farrell's performance has him as many people's favourite.  It is the editing and special effects that let Daredevil down.  Many people also seemed to have a problem with the film being too dark for a comic book movie.

Hulk & Daredevil are the two Marvel movies that actually go beyond fun comic book movie to good movie period.  X2 is the best of the rest.

Is it just me, or did Bullseye in the movie look like Vince Russo with a shaved head?

"BECAUSE BENNIFA SELLS TICKETS!"

;-)

Oh, and I am one who liked Spidey all right. My one quibble is that Spider-Man didn't talk enough though! Seems to be a kind of curse against live-action Spideys, doesn't it? (Both the Nicholas Hammond Spidey...yes I want to forget that as much as you do...and the Electric Company Spidey were mutes) And Tobey CAN do Spidey-like lines...see the movie video game, wasn't that him doing the voice overs IIRC?

Anyway, I'd say the Marvel movies of recent years have had it all over anything done for DC characters in the movies since the '90s. And it's not going to get any better from what I've heard (ready for Superman: The Butcher Job anyone?) Live-action DC movies IMO peaked with the first two ORIGINAL Supermans and maybe the first Batman, as flawed as the latter was (though worlds better than the Shitmacher interpretations, of course).

On the other hand, DC has the edge in the animation department since the '90s. I still think Kevin Conroy overall was/is the best Batman ever.

Edited by JMFabiano524

Guest El Satanico

i liked Spider-Man and X-men and I didn't hate Daredevil. I think it could've been better, but it's not as bad as I've heard.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

I didn't care for Kingpin being caught so easily and quickly, but I understand it's to speed up the dd vs. kingpin storyline.

The Hulk was a very good movie until the last ten minutes. The story was moving along well, and I liked the fact they were emphasizing the psychological and dramatic elements of the character instead of doing two hours of "HULK SMASH~!" The ending brought it down a peg or two, but it's still solid.

As someone who's a huge fan of Ennis' Punisher work, I think it's great they're basing a lot of the movie on his material. Maybe for the sequel, they can adapt something like "Welcome Back, Frank." SPACKER DAVE~!

I hope John Travolta does not get the same type of role that Nick Nolte had in the Hulk.

Well, I'm fairly sure that Travolta will be playing a Mafioso type... this is the Punisher we're talking about after all...

Guest Big_Jay101

i hated Hulk it weasnt what i was expecting...i was expecting a funa ction packed movie

Guest NCJ

The Hulk was a very good movie until the last ten minutes. The story was moving along well, and I liked the fact they were emphasizing the psychological and dramatic elements of the character instead of doing two hours of "HULK SMASH~!" The ending brought it down a peg or two, but it's still solid.

Couldn't agree more with Dr. Tom the ending really hurt it for me, but it was a good movie. As far as Spiderman goes it was easily the most overrated movie I have ever seen. To me the first two Batman movies are way better. It is simply an average movie. To me X-Men and X-2, The Crow, Batman and Batman returns, Superman 1 and 2, and Blade are the best comic adaptations. followed by The Hulk, Blade 2, Spiderman, Spawn, and Batman forever in the good to average category.

I actually thought Daredevil was VERY good.I find it better than Spidey and X2. I havnt seen Hulk or the Crow but Daredevil and Blade 1 and 2(I own both, and although the second let me down a bit, I still really dug it).Ill rent the Crow this weekend LOL.

i hated Hulk it weasnt what i was expecting...i was expecting a funa ction packed movie

Figures, there just might be a little more to the Hulk character then "Hulk smash" Jesus, I wasn't expecting an action movie and I came out happy. "Wahh..it's not full of action and no plot..this SUCKS" :rolleyes: