TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

Alexis and Vampiro news

There were several within TNA who had suggested about 3 months ago giving Alexis Laree a 1 year deal. Vince Russo, Gilberti and a couple of others were apparently opposed to the idea.

There had been rumors that WWE had been watching Laree, so TNA signed her to an 8 week deal.

The deal ended and there was discussion between TNA and Laree to re-do a contract.

The night after Laree had her hair snipped by Douglas, she phoned the TNA offices and said thank you for the opportunity but i'm going to a sign a deal with the WWE.

Apparently this pissed off a lot of people in TNA who felt she could have warned them and given TNA time to phase her out of the show.

Others simply shot back with "I told you so" when she left.

--------

The reason we didn't see the Mystery Man this week is because TNA still doesn't know who the Mystery Man is going to be... so they wanted to put him on hold this week.

They had several considerations but none have been agreed upon in booking meetings.

CM Punk is not currently a consideration, but I did mention it to them.

Vampiro has been calling TNA like crazy looking for work. He has been making the calls himself since his agent Bob Barnett seems to have heat with Bob Ryder.

There are many within TNA who have heat with Vampiro and don't view him as a true professional. They have all said that with Vamp you have to understand that he could just no-show you at any time -- like Sabu.

The general consensus seems to be that they will bring him in, if and when they believe he can make money for the company.

This is from the TotalNonstop boards.....

I wonder why Russo and Gilberti have any say in contracts. It's the Jarretts' company!

Russo and Gilberti are the HHH and Stephanie McMahon of TNA apparently.

Fuck, I'd LOVE to see Vampiro in TNA. But yes, I know he has some apparent heat with some, and/or most of the wrestling world. I've always like Vampiro, especially after watching his Highspots Shoot Interview. I heard that he was bullshitting some of his stories in that interview but I liked it nonetheless.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Most people seem to believe its Terry Funk, whichd be fun

Guest TonyJaymzV1

It should be CMP Unk, they could go into the whole straightshooter gimmick then, and Punk would get over big! Plus, he's probably cheaper than funk or vampiro anyways

I actually said that it'd be Punk last week when we were talking about it at work. The whole deal where he was in Japan during the tag match but Julio gave the on-air excuse that he "flaked out" led me to believe it could be him. But now, he's been out at the same time as the Mystery Man, so if it is him, it's going to go over about as well as Trinity did when she unmasked as the luchadore.

Vampiro would be a good choice, continuity wise (his Dead Pool in WCW with Raven). Funk aligning with Douglas would be stupid, plus Terry'd get a big face pop if it's him.

It sure as hell better not be one of the Pitbulls or something.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Plus, I really, really dig Punk and Julio as a team (tell me Simon and Swinger vs Ounk and Julio wouldnt be great)

I hope its not Punk. I dont want another rehash of their fued. And plus, TNA fueds are normally short like the Lynn/Credible one, so the Raven/Punk fued would be over in 4 or 5 weeks.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

It would and wouldn't be a rehash of the ROH feud. It would in many aspects, but I think it'd be cool to see Punk sell his soul to the devil, to get to Raven.

Plus, most people haven't seen the great Punk/Raven feud, and I'm pretty sureit'll be longer than lynn/credible, which was probably aborted due to Credible being unliked with the higher ups.

I can't really think of anyone else who'd be the mystery man good as Vampiro or Punk.

Ooh, heres a Russo Esgue swerve: The Mystery Man is revealed to be, I don't know, Bull Buchanan. Yeah, dissapointing. But It sets up an 6 man tag pitting Julio, Raven and Punk vs. Bull, Douglas, and Slash, Elimination rules. It gets down to Punk/Raven vs. Bull, and Raven is playing Morton, finally lays Bull out, goes for the tag...and Punk jumps down. Bull destroys Raven with the help of Punk.

"It was me Aus...Raven, it was me all along you dumb son of a bitch!"

The thing of it is...yeah the RoH feud between them has been going on for months...but that only covers a handful of shows...cause they aren't weekly.

TNA feuds don't really last less time...it's just that they're every week.

Either way...it would elevate Punk out of the Julio role...and that's a good thing.

Logic makes for a problem...but the masked luchadore didn't make sense either.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

See, the way I see it, it'd save them money to elevate someone like Punk then to bring in a big name. Plus then The Mitchell/Raven fued will have better matches, as Punk is a great worker and him and Raven work well together.

A New Church comprised of Mitchell, Punk, Slash and Bull Buchanan(or whoever is the big mystery man) would be pretty cool, especially agasint Raven, Julio, and some new diciples.

Guest Coffey

Has Vampiro grown back any of his hair? I thought that his dreadlocks were pretty much most of his look. The face paint and dreads is what I remember him for.

I like Vampiro...or at least I used to.

I've never watch CM Punk work. Is he decent?

Guest bort

ive heard lots of great stuff about cm punk but what i have seen of him wasnt anything really special, most of the roh shows ive seen him on its his early ones before the raven fued but he wasnt really anything great, i did see a goood 30 min ironman match beetween him and colt on an IWA mid south show, colt impressed me more than CM,

the last time i saw vampiro was at reload i think, his hair was still pretty short, so i dont think he will have the dreads back yet

Has Vampiro grown back any of his hair? I thought that his dreadlocks were pretty much most of his look. The face paint and dreads is what I remember him for.

I like Vampiro...or at least I used to.

I've never watch CM Punk work. Is he decent?

CM Punk is awesome. He 's amazing on the stick and can back it up in the ring. The guy actually got a good match out of Michael Shane!

Guest dvkorn

Punk's IWA Mid South stuff.... What i have seen has been really good.... Punk Vs Rey Vs Eddy at Spring Heat... Vs Hero - on numerous occasions.... etc...

Have yet to see his RoH stuff yet...

I wonder why Russo and Gilberti have any say in contracts. It's the Jarretts' company!

Russo and Gilberti are the HHH and Stephanie McMahon of TNA apparently.

Wow you know you've seen everything when the fucking DISCO INFERNO has say in contracts or holds people down.

Guest Goodear

The reason we didn't see the Mystery Man this week is because TNA still doesn't know who the Mystery Man is going to be... so they wanted to put him on hold this week.

And no one sees this as a problem?