TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bobby Cox is God

Best closer song?

Guest Bobby Cox is God

What is the best closer song you have heard? Mine would have to be John Smoltz's Star Wars Imperial March mixed with AC/DC's Thunderstruck. It's probably one of the most badass things I've ever heard in my life.

The only one that I know of is Trevor Hoffman's 'Hell's Bells', but he's been out for the season and the Padres suck, so we probably wouldn't hear it too much.

Guest undisputedjericho

Mariano Rivera entering to 'Enter Sandman' has to be tops.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Hoffman is one of the more underrated closers in the game. He and Percival are probably the two best, but thye get no respect. I would have said Rivera but he's lost something, and he's not what he used to be.

Guest Anglesault

Enter Sandman all the way, especially if you are with a section willing o sing it as Mo runs in.

Guest BobbyWhioux

1st place:

Tied: every closer who doesn't need the egofuck of the team/stadium shelling out royalties money to play an old rock song every time the come out as though they were a professional wrestler.

[Distant] 2nd place:

Tied: every closer who does.

Guest Urine Sane
1st place:

Tied: every closer who doesn't need the egofuck of the team/stadium shelling out royalties money to play an old rock song every time the come out as though they were a professional wrestler.

[Distant] 2nd place:

Why'd you reply?

I'd have to go with Rick Vaughn too.

1st place:

[Distant] 2nd place:

Why'd you reply?

I'd have to go with Rick Vaughn too.

Interestingly enough, despite the "Wild Thing" phoenommon that started up after the movie came out, that wasn't the first reliever "theme song"

Sparky Lyle of the Yankees in the 1970's used to ride in from the bullpen to the strains of "Pomp and Circumstance"

Just wanted to throw that tidbit out there