TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

Whose the most overrated nfl player ever?

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"Why is Kurt Warner the overrated player on the Rams. Maybe Faulk, Holt, and Bruce are even better because of Kurt Warner. "

Because when Warner gets hurt, his backups play just as well.  When Faulk gets hurt, the Rams lose.

Guest Army Eye
Why is Kurt Warner the overrated player on the Rams. Maybe Faulk, Holt, and Bruce are even better because of Kurt Warner.

Well, they did just fine when Trent Green was quarterbacking.

Also, Bruce was a star (albeit an often injured one) before Warner came along.  Faulk was a star on the Colts.  Holt we don't know.  They all benefit from being in this offense, don't get me wrong.  But the fact that Trent Green put up just as good numbers as Warner in 2000 (in fact he had a higher rating than Warner that year), and then went on to struggle in Kansas City this year, should tell you something about Warner. :)  A good quarterback but not as much as he's cracked up to be

Guest arejay

I called Mandarich overrated based on the hype out of college. In hindsight, he does belong in the 'bust' category instead.  

As far as current players, one that springs to my mind is Charles Woodson. I'm a Raider fan, but it seemed like he got burned an awful lot this year. Joey Galloway and David Boston pops up off the top of my head as being guys he gave up the long ball on. In lots of cases, I think his reputation preceded him, and QB's didn't throw his way, and granted, he played a lot of the season with that bum toe and didn't practice a lot, but I just don't think he deserved 4 consecutive Pro Bowl nods.   People talked about the vaunted Raider secondary, specifically the corners, but there were lots more corner tandems who were better, had better stats, and were a lot more physical this year.

Guest rmitchen

"Because when Warner gets hurt, his backups play just as well.  When Faulk gets hurt, the Rams lose."

Actually, when Faulk got hurt Trung Candidate came in and the didn't lose a beat.

Conversely, when Warner got hurt last year, the Rams were 2-3 w/o him. And anybody who watched the games saw how much superior Warner is to Green.

If you guys are basing this entire overrated thing on his mediocre game in the Super Bowl, need I remind you that one game does not define a career. Plus, he's been a Super Bowl MVP too (of course, Super Bowl MVP's apparently don't mean much anymore, since the NFL proved this year they just like to hand it to the star guy, without considering the game).

Guest supersalvadorian

I agree with those who say the most overrated player was barry sanders. Yeah, once in a while, he would have a great run, but he would have 5 negative runs to go with that. The best example? How about that playoff game against the Packers where he ran for -12 yards? At least Emmit got the job done when it counted.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

The Rams beat the Jets and their porous run D this year without Faulk.  The next week against New Orleans, the Rams were pitiful.

Last year, the games the Rams lost were when either Faulk was out or playing hurt.

All 3 games the Rams lost this past season were Warner's fault, with all of his turnovers.  

Warner was awesome the first half of the 1999 season, but since then he hasn't been that great considering the talent he has around him.

Guest Brooding Genius

Hang on, let's check on the Jets' run defense and find out where they ranked this past year.

Just for curiosity's sake.

Guest General Failure

Living in Toronto means the only NFL games I get to see are ones involving the Bills.  Maybe that makes me oversaturated on this guy, which is altering my perspective, but my choice is Jim Kelly.  They have entire days dedicated to that choker in Buffalo.

Guest Army Eye

Regarding Charles Woodson, yeah he did have an off year which was probably due to the turf toe.  I wouldn't call him an overrated player really but it's a good call that he didn't deserve to go to the Pro Bwol this season

Guest Vern Gagne

Any so called sack artist. The most useless stat in sports. You get one sack a game and your the MVP.