TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Sell Me On:

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Everyone hates him, I don't, so why should I?

Most of the hate originates from Justin having been the leader of the notorious Backstreet Boy wannabes group, NSYNC. That and that fro he used to have...

Well, the first half of "Senorita" isn't nearly as fun as the ridiculous call-and-response that ends it. And I'm sure there a few lame love ballads somewhere on the album.

That's about all I've got. I love the singles.

White boy thinks he is black

I love this argument. As if Justin is supposed to conform to some sort of warped view of how white people and black people are supposed to act. If that's his biggest fault, I think he's doing just fine.

No reason to hate HIM, I suppose. However his music is a lame, lighter ripoff of Michael Jackson. His dance moves are taught to him, and his music is collaborated by someone else. So he is JUST THE FACE behind everything you hear on a cd/radio. That should be reason enough not to want to make him a rich person.

Most of the hate originates from Justin having been the leader of the notorious Backstreet Boy wannabes group, NSYNC.  That and that fro he used to have...

Backstreet Boys sound better together vocally, NSync has better songs...if that makes sense...okay let's put it this way, if Backstreet sang NSyncs' songs it would sound better than NSync...by the way I'm not afraid to admit I dig some of the songs those groups have come out with and "Rock Your Body" by Justin owns...

Guest Flyboy

You shouldn't hate Timberlake. Justified is a fun album to throw on at times, and "Senorita" is blazin'.

ahh but remember, he didn't write, or compose, or come up with dance moves himself. Hell, he probably barely did the vocals himself(extreme help from top of the line studio recording). I mean if you like his songs, you should thank the 5 or 6 people that gift wrapped every element of the song for him. Timberlake is merely the face put in front of all of someone else's work.

Guest The Hamburglar
ahh but remember, he didn't write, or compose, or come up with dance moves himself. Hell, he probably barely did the vocals himself(extreme help from top of the line studio recording). I mean if you like his songs, you should thank the 5 or 6 people that gift wrapped every element of the song for him. Timberlake is merely the face put in front of all of someone else's work.

But its not like he tries to hide that or anything. Both the Neptunes and Timbaland are highly visible in the music videos for his songs, and he usually thanks them or brings them up at whatever awards shows he's at. I don't understand Timberlake hate myself. He sings catchy songs and isn't a wanker. A good pop artist these days is hard to find.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Justin Timberlake is pretty and has a voice, he's also doing exactly everything right when it comes to being a successful pop musician. I'm completely and utterly indifferent to him, personally.

He's certainly going to be around for a while, and will sell many many millions more records than he has already. Girls will scream and cum, because he's cute, and then when he starts getting spooky and gets embroiled in scandal, someone younger and prettier will be right there to replace him.

I stopped hating Justin Timberlake when I realized that he was in on the joke. Back when I thought that he was taking himself seriously, I had wicked hatred for him. Now, you see him with the whole "wink and a smile" type of attitude to it all, and you realize that he's just a 22 year old kid who's doing something that he digs doing, is having fun doing it, and getting to bang wicked hot tail as a result. Hate his music, or his entire genre, but don't hate him.

ahh but remember, he didn't write, or compose, or come up with dance moves himself.  Hell, he probably barely did the vocals himself(extreme help from top of the line studio recording).  I mean if you like his songs, you should thank the 5 or 6 people that gift wrapped every element of the song for him.  Timberlake is merely the face put in front of all of someone else's work.

But its not like he tries to hide that or anything. Both the Neptunes and Timbaland are highly visible in the music videos for his songs, and he usually thanks them or brings them up at whatever awards shows he's at. I don't understand Timberlake hate myself. He sings catchy songs and isn't a wanker. A good pop artist these days is hard to find.

No need to hate him. I stopped caring about 3 years ago. I listed reasons to ignore Timberlake and not BUY HIS MUSIC. Not reasons to hate him. Hell he could be a really cool guy if we all knew outside the bubble that is pop music culture, however I think it is sad how easily young folks(and even more sad older folks nowadays) are duped into spending money on this guy.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

It's a perfect racket though, more money, more fame, more fantasy, which in turn makes him richer and more famous. It's a position I'd love to be in, but I'd degenerate into doing creepy bass licks on tour when everyone wants cute pop music. He knows exactly what he's doing, and is set for life because of it. Lucky fuck.

well yes, we would all do it, if we had the chance to actually get paid for it. I am not knocking him really, moreso the people that get caught up in his music.

Basically, I respected him once he went solo. Then he showed the world what he could do on his own and some devoted NSYNC haters could say, "Hey, I dig his music, maybe he isn't so bad after all."

Although, the media's CONSTANT overlooking of the Spears / Timberlake saga is fucking annoying and played out. It shouldn't matter whose fault it was for ending the relationship, but I blame Justin for adding fuel to fire when he took a shot on his ex with the "Cry Me A River" video, that just added more to media frenzy.

Plus I also heard NSYNC was gonna get back together...

*groans

Guest Doyo
http://billboard.com/bb/daily/article_disp...tent_id=1967986

Timberlake Ties Up Tasty McDonald's Deal

Justin Timberlake has signed a multi-tiered sponsorship deal with McDonald's. The alliance is tied to the restaurant chain's new worldwide marketing campaign, which launches this month. Timberlake will sing on and appear in several new McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" commercials, the first of which debuted yesterday in Germany and will begin airing Sept. 29 in the U.S. Additionally, McDonald's will sponsor the Jive artist's 35-city European solo tour, which starts in November.

The "I'm Lovin' It" hip-hop jingle was written by Mona Davis and produced by superstar duo the Neptunes and the Clipse, who also raps on the song.

Timberlake will be involved in activities to support the Ronald McDonald House Charities, World Children's Day at McDonald's and the chain's global sports sponsorships, including the FIFA World Cup and the Olympic Games.

badronald.jpg

Guest Choken One
Basically, I respected him once he went solo. Then he showed the world what he could do on his own and some devoted NSYNC haters could say, "Hey, I dig his music, maybe he isn't so bad after all."

Although, the media's CONSTANT overlooking of the Spears / Timberlake saga is fucking annoying and played out. It shouldn't matter whose fault it was for ending the relationship, but I blame Justin for adding fuel to fire when he took a shot on his ex with the "Cry Me A River" video, that just added more to media frenzy.

Plus I also heard NSYNC was gonna get back together...

*groans

they made a promise to the fans they would make one more album...

Since JC Chasez also has a solo career "booming" (aka Bombing), Bass is a rocket scientist or something...Fatone is a Actor these days (doing broadway and hit movies) and the other guy? No one seen him.

But what I want to know is...WHERE THE HELL ARE THE BSB?

I can see N*sync being active but BSB, the better band is no where to be found...Cept for Nick Carter's short lived rock career...

Guest TheGame2705

That might be because JC's song licks yeast infected poon. I've never heard a crappier song.