TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

New GNR song on the radio

Metallica fans WANTED them to go heavy again, they wanted them to try and be as brutal as they could while still retaining the Metallica feel to the music.

And they did it.

Metallica changed their style to appeal to a different group of people and sell records to them.

That, to me, is the very definition of selling out - changing your current musical direction to sell more records. Which is exactly what Metallica did, only instead of trying to appeal to a new auidence, they're trying to appeal to the old auidence that they shunned when they wrote Load.

I'd like to enjoy the album too - I really would. But I honestly can't.

We have the exact same point, however opposing point of views.

What you call 'selling out', I call 'listening to the fans'.

Agree to disagree? Looks like it. However, you do make a very good point, but I would deem changing their style to, say, nu metal (or whatever else that is over with the kids these days), in order to grasp more mainstream attention as selling out. St.Anger is NOT a mainstream album in any sense of the word and I am surprised it has sold as well as it has, considering most of the core audience was scared off with Load/ReLoad.

UYI

I think the album will be a disapointment for those who believe Axl that it'll be a ****1/2 classic album but hell I almost guarantee it'll have a few good tracks and it'll sure as hell be better than Hollyweird.

In all seriousness;

Tommy, one of the members of the new GNR, has stated in a recent interview that the band is now back together in the studio placing 'finishing touches' on Chinese Democracy and that it will be out either just before New Year or just after.

I'll believe it when I see it, but news is news. At least it's concrete.

UYI

Guest Black Tiger

I hate to say it UYI, both of us are die hard fans of GN'F'NR but I don't think we're going to be too thrilled with this release.

We've spent so long with AFD, GN'R LIES, UYI, UYI 2, and maybe even Spaghetti Incident (not me) that we're too used to Axl, Slash, Duff, Steve/Matt etc. Now we got Bucket head, Tommy Stinson, and two more guys who I can't remember along with Dizzy Reed.

Hopefully we'll like this CD and enjoy it the same way as the other ones from Guns N' Fucking Roses.

Black Tiger, I say the same to you I say to anyone else. Download "Madagascar', "The Blues", "Chinese Democracy", "Rhiad and The Bedouins", or "Silk Worms" to get a taste of the new band. Some of it will appeal to you more then the old band, and some of it won't. It's all a matter of opinion.