TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

New arena vs Old arena

Am I the only one who prefers the first arena setup (Week 1-5?) to the new one? The new one looks low budget and if anything makes TNA look "bush league" its having a stage setup that looks 10 feet tall. I liked the very first one as it had big screens and had a "Nitro" feel. And it also made it look professional and the lighting looked better as well. And Fererra was a good touch, a heel announcer, something missing in today's wrestling. Maybe Im just going down memory lane.... :wub:

The first one looked more professional and I wouldn't mind going back to that one. But kudos to TNA for making this one look as good as it is...remember the first week they moved in? Now that looked really bush league. It was all dark and everything, no lighting. But moving did save the Jarretts a buncha money.

Guest dvkorn

I think they should stay at the Asylum until they consistently sell out the place (don't they still give heaps of free tix away)... then and only then think about moving back to the 1st place or a bigger place and do the same.... wait until they consistently sell out then mabe think about touring....

Thats what i'd do anyway...

That's the main problem: they don't even fill up the little building they're in now, despite giving out zillions of free tickets. If they went back to the larger venues, they'd have about a thousand people in a 10,000 seat arena.

And anyone who's ever been to the Asylum (aka the Nashville Fairgrounds) can tell you that TNA worked a true miracle in actually getting that old dump to look so good on camera.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I honestly like the look of the old arena better but the new one is definately better for "crowd sound".

When they moved from the first arena to the second arena, there was no AC, and no video screen so we (the fans) didnt know what was going on backstage. They have defnitely made improvements since then.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I didnt realize the difference at first...of course I didn't watch weeks 5-25 because it sucked for a while.

The SEX v. Tradition angle got me back in as a fan.