TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dmann2000

The ONE and ONLY Demolition Thread

Guest Dmann2000

Come on everyone! This is for everyone to post about the greatest WWE Tag Team ever...

The Hart Foundation?

No not the Hart Founda...

The British Bulldogs?

No not the British Bull...

Edge and Christian

No not...

Iron Mike Sharpe and Barry Horrowitz?

No this is about Demolition, so start posting here before I KICK YOUR STINKIN' TEETH IN!

Guest Choken One

They debuted in 1987..Ruled the world until they died off in early 1991...

Smash was repackaged to Repo Man

AXE Retired

Crush became a Hawaiian Senstation turned Evil Forienger turned Jail Bird turned NWO flunky turned Pot Smoking Bounty Hunter...

In watching old Demo matches I am surprised at how fucking gay they were. Old, fat guys in studded leather with make up? Not to take anything away from Eadie and Darsow who were both very smart wrestlers and could work a match beyond their skill levels by knowing how to get the crowd involved and knowing how to put a match together. Good team, lame gimmick.

Guest Dmann2000

Uhh, that 'lame gimmick' got them over MEGA, to the point where they were heels who got turned faced and stayed heelish because the fans loved em that way.

Guest Dmann2000

Although today I was watchinf Demos vs The Harts from SummerSlam 88, and I noticed Ax backing away and begging off Neidhart...

Ax should NEVER back away!

Guest BAR

Uh-huh, their theme song owned everything. Quite popular with me and my buddies many years ago.

I was saying it's lame and gay by today's standards. Although back then, most wrote them off as a Road Warriors rip-off when they first debuted. I think them getting over has more to do with Eadie and Darsow's ability to work as a team and work the gimmick than the gimmick itself. Hell, Darsow had himself over as the Repo Man.

Remember when they turned face in the double turn with The Powers Of Pain at Survivor Series '88? Quality stuff. Also, I think the Demos were the 1st team to hold the Tag Titles 3 times, making them the Hulk Hogans of the tag division at that time.

Guest bort

Axis the Demolisher is what ax wrestled as in the indys, i rember seeing him ranked in the pwi 500 up till like 2 years ago

i loved the demos, they were the main reason i used to watch wrestling

Guest The Real Nosferatu

They never made a Smash LJN. I'm guessing since WWE sqitched from Randy Culley to Barry Darsow as Smash halted a Smash figure for the time being.

Remember when they turned face in the double turn with The Powers Of Pain at Survivor Series '88? Quality stuff. Also, I think the Demos were the 1st team to hold the Tag Titles 3 times, making them the Hulk Hogans of the tag division at that time.

Agree on the first part.

Mr. Fuji and Toru Tanaka were the first team to win 3 W(W)WF tag titles. The Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika) also won the titles 3 times.

Randy Culley who was Spot in the Moondogs was Smash for like two or three weeks before being replaced by Darsow. Apparently there is a Coliseum tape with a battle royale including Culley as Smash, but footage of him is hard to find. Why the switch was made, I'm not sure.

As an added note, I've read that Bill Eadie became a high school match teacher upon his active wrestling retirement, but will still make special appearances to this day.

Who was pissed Demo's theme wasn't on Anthology?

*is proud to have a great copy of Demolition's theme on his computer

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Actually Culley was Smash for like 2-3 months.

He was in the March 1987 SNME Battle Royal Andre won, so thats a little easier to find than a coliseum video from some tape dealers.

Darsow I think became Smash in May or June of 1987.

I never saw Culley as Smash, but I can assume him/Darsow looked nothing a like considering his Moondog look.

Remember when they turned face in the double turn with The Powers Of Pain at Survivor Series '88?

That was a total and memorable balls-up. Sure, it was ok with commentary. It got explained on there. But I swear, the fans thought Fuji had turned face. So did I at first.

I guess they explained it in the end, because Demos were super faces about a week later. Ah...the days of fickle 'cheer for the faces, boo for the heels' fans.

Guest BAR

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I haven't watched WWF for years but bought that album for disc 1 and some of disc 2. I mean, Bertha Faye and no Demolition?

Actually Culley was Smash for like 2-3 months.

He was in the March 1987 SNME Battle Royal Andre won, so thats a little easier to find than a coliseum video from some tape dealers.

Darsow I think became Smash in May or June of 1987.

I never saw Culley as Smash, but I can assume him/Darsow looked nothing a like considering his Moondog look.

Actually, that was Darsow. Culley is much shorter, older looking than Darsow. I'm 99% sure there's no Culley as Smash footage on Coliseum Video. I have they're debut on Challenge on tape, and once you've seen that, you realize that Darsow was Smash in the SNME Battle Royal.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Well Scott Keith lied to me. .. again

Although a friend of mine has at least 3-4 matches of Randy Culley smash in Demolition over a month or two gap, so the 2 match thing is a little false.

Edited by Raven1919

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Here's a little convo about the subject at hand. Since I wasn't THAT big of a fan of 1987, I'm going by someone who has plenty of it on tape. (Im OrangeGoblinFan)

Orangegoblinfan [10:29 PM]: when did Smash end up being Darsow

SmakethDown638 [10:31 PM]: about may 87 I think

Orangegoblinfan [10:31 PM]: when did Demolition initially debut?

SmakethDown638 [10:32 PM]: hmm

SmakethDown638 [10:32 PM]: tempted to say feb 87

Orangegoblinfan [10:32 PM]: do u have any matches of Culley as Smash?

SmakethDown638 [10:33 PM]: yeah

SmakethDown638 [10:33 PM]: 4

Orangegoblinfan [10:33 PM]: cool

SmakethDown638 [10:33 PM]: Demos MSG debut vs Islanders, 2 Frank Tunney Tourney matches

SmakethDown638 [10:33 PM]: and March 87 SNME BR

Guest Boo_Bradley

Well somebody here must have that on tape, confirmation shouldn't be that hard...

Well somebody here must have that on tape, confirmation shouldn't be that hard...

The battle royal right? I have this SNME, and I think it's Darsow (the Mary Millar to Culley's Shirley Stelfox ;-)) by then. Not sure how much this counts for, but the Phantom of the Ring column in Wrestling Eye (old mark mag) commented how Smash's face paint came off during the BR, exposing Barry "Krusher Khruschev" Darsow.

It's Darsow if the Smash at the BR had a crewcut (as Darsow did at the time, obviously growing his hair out after said Krusher gimmick) Also look for the telltale eagle tattoo, or if something looks to be covering his arm where the tattoo is.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I haven't watched WWF for years but bought that album for disc 1 and some of disc 2. I mean, Bertha Faye and no Demolition?

Was the lawsuit between Bill Eadie and the WWF/E ever settled? That might be why no Demos theme.