TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

CZW International News

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

CZW's Zandig and Hardcore Nick Gage are set to join ZERO-ONE for a mini-tour on September 19-21:

September 19 (Friday) 6:30 Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

September 20 (Saturday) 6:30 TwinMesse Shizuoka, Shizuoka City

September 21 (Sunday) 3:00 SunShineCity Building, Ikebukuro, Tokyo

The following talent will be brought in:

Homicide (JAPW) (September 9 - 21, 11 shows)

Zandig & Nick Gage (CZW)

Tom Howard (UPW)

Sean McCully (L.A. Boxing Gym)

L.A. Giant (Jossie Dempsey)

Referee: Mr. Fred (Fred Rubenstein)

Tomoaki Honma (All Japan) (September 19 and 20)

Kintaro Kanemura & Tetsuhiro Kuroda

Alexander Otsuka

Credit: PWBTS.com

INTERNATIONAL NEWS II:  CZW SHOCKWAVE

In conjunction with Nu-Wrestling Federation, Zandig will be heading to Italy on September 27, 2003 to promote the up-coming live event at the Palasport Arena in Pistoia, Italy on October 25, 2003.  Zandig will address the media and foreign press, lead instructional wrestling clinics to evaluate some European talent, and discuss future plans in Europe. 

Credit: czwwrestling.com

Interesting news overall. Zero One is looking to start a WWE-style hardcore division, and while a toned-down version of Zandig and Nick Gage won't be as good as they ultraviolent ones, they should still do well, and congrats to the both of them. Hopefully more CZW talent, guys like Ruckus, Sonjay, Rave and Messiah head over there as well. Messiah especially would fluorish in a Japanese hardcore environment, I think.

The show in Italy should be killer. This might be wrong information, but I've heard second -hand that Fake You TV is drawing major ratings over in Italy, and I wouldn't be surprised if they draw their first 5,000+ crowd over there. Hopefully they will, because the cost of flying in a lot of the talent and equipiment will be massive.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Z1 deal *might* mean the return of CZW hero Wifebeater, who has said he would come out of retirement if another Japan deal was struck in his shoot interview.

Edited by ShooterJay

Guest Joe_G

Oh goody, CZW helped sink Big Japan, maybe they can do the same to Zero One!

toned-down version of Zandig and Nick Gage won't be as good as they ultraviolent ones

Now that's a scary thought.

guys like Ruckus, Sonjay, Rave and Messiah head over there as well

I would pay good money to see a Ruckus vs. Wataru Sakata match.

the Z1 deal *might* mean the return of CZW hero Wifebeater

Maybe he can almost kill another Japanese wrestler!

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

The plan isn't for CZW/Z1 to be "invading" or on equal terms or whatever. It's like a "subculture" of Zero One they're creating that is separate from the main group of wrestlers. I doubt title-stealing, shit like that will be involved this time around. It's all Z1's idea, and it won't make a major impact at all (heck, I doubt it will make a *minor* one.) And hey, CZW workers get that mystical "Japan prestige" so it helps them out a lot.

And Joe G, you forgot Ric Blade breaking the Winger's face. CZW/Big Japan and how they booked each other/interacted was stupid on so many levels

Oh goody, CZW helped sink Big Japan, maybe they can do the same to Zero One!

toned-down version of Zandig and Nick Gage won't be as good as they ultraviolent ones

Now that's a scary thought.

guys like Ruckus, Sonjay, Rave and Messiah head over there as well

I would pay good money to see a Ruckus vs. Wataru Sakata match.

the Z1 deal *might* mean the return of CZW hero Wifebeater

Maybe he can almost kill another Japanese wrestler!

I don't think Joe likes CZW.

This isnt the first time CZW/Z1 have had talks. Zandig called Z1 in early 2002 in regards to starting a talent exchange and his call was never returned. I don't know why Z1 is suddenly so interested in bringing CZW wrestlers to Japan. I'd rather see CZW stay here in the US b/c I don't know what a "Toned down version" of their hardcore wrestlers would be like. It could be somewhat fun, though.

I don't know what a "Toned down version" of their hardcore wrestlers would be like. It could be somewhat fun, though.

I think it just means No FMW/BJPW/IWA type Hardcore (Barbed Wire, Fire or Explosions...)

Hopefully it means just Tables/Ladders/Chairs type stuff with a few thumbtacks/lightube thrown in when needed (Like say HHH-Cactus from Royal Rumble 2000) and not the Goofy WWF Cookie Sheet and Fire extinguisher comedy "hardcore"

The show in Italy should be killer. This might be wrong information, but I've heard second -hand that Fake You TV is drawing major ratings over in Italy, and I wouldn't be surprised if they draw their first 5,000+ crowd over there. Hopefully they will, because the cost of flying in a lot of the talent and equipiment will be massive.

Im planning on making it to that show if at all possible. Hopefully I can score some cheap flights off easy jet and get over there without breaking the bank.

Trouble is, the details are sketchy at best at the moment, and I cant really wait that long if im going to book flights etc.

Im planning on making it to that show if at all possible. Hopefully I can score some cheap flights off easy jet and get over there without breaking the bank.

Book Soon! There are some very cheap flights going (e.g I've got flights to Venice for 20 pounds inc. airport tax). I've descided to make a trip out of it and thus I'm spending 7 nights in Italy, Belgium and Amsterdam. The whole thing comes to 187 pounds travel and accomadation because everything is so cheap in off peak times.

Book Soon! There are some very cheap flights going (e.g I've got flights to Venice for 20 pounds inc. airport tax). I've descided to make a trip out of it and thus I'm spending 7 nights in Italy, Belgium and Amsterdam. The whole thing comes to 187 pounds travel and accomadation because everything is so cheap in off peak times.

Thanks for the advice. If you dont mind telling me, where did you book flights for £20? Thats much cheaper than I have been able to find.

Guest trickstyle_360

The arena where CZW will be running their show in Italy holds 7,000 people, I've heard....I've heard it's gonna pimped big time there.

RyanAir. All though basically you kinda have to fit stuff around when the flight is.

Mine is at 6am on Thursday the 23rd so I though, why not make a proper trip of it?

Guest DonWestMark03

Wifebeater is a legend in CZW and I wish I could see him in more matches, but he's retired. I don't blame him for retiring after all of the bloody classic matcheswith Zandig. PROPS TO SHOOTERJAY~!