TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Official College Football thread

Whenever any great comeback is talked about, do they say that it's inexusable that the great team fell behind?

Besides, Southern Miss is a good team, it wasn't that much of a shock.

I'd say it was. Not that TCU lost. But falling behind to by such a large score should not happen when the teams are pretty even.

I'd say the game proved that USM and TCU were not evenly matched... keep in mind that the only games USM lost all year were to Cal (who beat USC), Nebraska, and Alabama. TCU didn't play teams anywhere that good and struggled in most of those games.

I can't blame them for the C-USA schedule, which is mandatory, or Arizona, who was a top-10 team when they scheduled them, but I CAN blame them for scheduling Navy and Vanderbilt, two perennial cellar-dwellars. Considering how the school was considered to be a danger to the BCS in 2000, it becomes harder to defend scheduling two obvious patsies if they wanted to crash the gates.

Big XIII championship in Kansas City.

If Kansas St. beats Missouri, they could pose a real threat to Oklahoma. They have the athletic ability on defense, and cold weather could all but eliminate Oklahoma's passing offense. That force OU to run, and that isn't a strength.

Yeah, really. With all the Jason White hype, Oklahoma's running game has been neglected, coverage-wise. Is it unstoppable like every other facet of the team, or is it a weak link, so to speak?

They can rush the ball if need be. I don't get why everyone's jumping on the weather.....we're in Oklahoma...it's cold and windy here. I don't think weather will be a factor at all.

<preps up for a hell of a day in college football>

I'm not automatically putting KSU in the Big XII title game yet. Missouri is the kind of team that'll come up and bite you in the ass if you're overlooking them.

Guest Flyboy
<preps up for a hell of a day in college football>

Fuck yeah -- only reason I woke up early.

Guest FrigidSoul

I'm surprised his ankle isn't broken

Michigan needs to come out of this with 3 rushing TD's just to make Buckeye fans cry

Michigan needs to learn how to tackle better though

I felt so sorry for the that injured player on Michigan at the beginning. The poor guy was crying.....yes I'm a big softie.

Even hosses have hearts

Guest MikeSC
Lloyd Carr is a cocksucker.

If I didn't want Ohio State to go down, I would hope for them to make a comeback. But this Ohio State crap needs to end.

Ageed on both. Carr was a complete dick to that reporter on the field.

And, heck, LSU deserves a shot at the Nat'l Title --- screw USC. They are damned good and could give OU trouble. Lightning-fast --- and I STILL don't get what the heck happened to them against Florida.

-=Mike

As I was driving around today, I was listening to the Georgia/Kentucky game, and it sounded like Kentucky was actually making it somewhat competitive. Also, if anyone here has the ability to hear the Georgia radio broadcasts, DO SO, even if you don't like them. Their play-by-play guy needs a fuckin' TV deal. He's so awesome.

21-0, Tennessee over Vanderbilt so far in the second quarter.