TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Official College Football thread

I swapped over to the SEC game on suggestion from Discojunge

This could be interesting

You should always watch SEC games over others if you have an option, you SILLY~ people.

(OMG OLD SCHOOL GAG~)

I swapped over to the SEC game on suggestion from Discojunge

This could be interesting

You should always watch SEC games over others if you have an option, you SILLY~ people.

(OMG OLD SCHOOL GAG~)

I'm too new school to get old school gags, so I'll have to ignore that one

As for SEC, SEC football just doesn't get me at all for some reason... probably because I grew up watching the Big 10 and the Big 8/XII

Wootwoot~!  Ohio State's bubble is bursting BADLY.  Now if only UCLA or Oregon State can close the door on USC, LSU can get the opportunity to show what it can do against OU and POSSIBLY shut JR's fat ass up for once.

So you want OU to lose because you do't like Jim Ross? Right........

Anyways I give USC more of a chance against OU than LSU. It's OU's time....again........

In fairness, even though I do not like OU, to not hear JR for 8 months, pretty much anybody else could win.

Wash St. win and it looks like they're going to the Rose and OSU is back to Tempe.

Actually OSU has no guarentee of a BCS bowl. If Texas moves up to #4 in the BCS they automatically get an at-large berth and if Washington St. wins today the Rose Bowl is going to take them as they want a Pac-10/Big Ten match-up, assuming USC wins out and goes to the Sugar Bowl. That would then put Ohio St. in the Corporate Whore Bowl, I mean Capital One Bowl.

The Citrus Bowl is the Capital One Bowl. The name "The Citrus Bowl" no longer exsists as of last year. That's why I referred to it as the Corporate Whore Bowl.

USC scores a touchdown on a fumble in the endzone, UCLA then blocks the extra point and returns it to make the score 30 to 2.

No matter what happens in the LSU-Ole Miss game, LSU's defense should make a HUGE impression on people. They've held the impressive Ole Miss offense to 70 yards and no offensive scores so far. (The one TD was on a Mauck INT when LSU was on its own 6 yard line)

That means that LSU has shut down a Heisman-quality RB (Cadillac Williams) and QB (Eli Manning) this year, albeit in separate games.

And the vaunted defense has a holding penalty, giving Ole Miss another shot and the Rebels CAPITALIZE~!

17-14 in the 4th quarter, and we've got ourselves a ball game.

Damn... I got so caught up in wanting to (and revelling in) beat OSU that I forgot that Michigan would win the Big 10 title if they did

Whoo! BCS bowl bound

And Ole Miss's all-world kicker misses a SECOND field goal by sending it wide right. LSU gets the ball back with 4:15 to go and a 3 point lead.

Score of the Day: Utah 3, BYU 0 Final

Woof.

Speaking of woof looks like Stanford is going to lose to Cal. God damnit never lost to Cal with Tyrone Willingham as coach and now 0-2 with Buddy Teevens.

*goes to start firebuddyteevens.com*

Ole Miss has the ball, down three points, with 1:54 left.

I used to be fairly indifferent to SEC West play(Tennessee being in the East and all), but over the course of this season, I've warmed up to a lot of the teams in that division.

Even though I would've liked to see a REAL play be the downfall of Ole Miss, this isn't the kind of play that would be done over if it had happened at any OTHER time in the game. I'm sorry, Eli, but your lineman just cost you the SEC title.

Since I don't pay much attention to the SEC

Who's going in on the East side of the championship game?

No one's sure yet as it's a bit of a clusterfuck. Three-way tie between Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia as of now.

The way that the new tiebreaker works, the co-champion rated highest in the BCS poll gets the spot UNLESS the #2 co-champion in the BCS poll beat the #1 team co-champ and is within 5 spots in the BCS.

The way it looks now, it'll be Georgia because they're #6 in the poll and beat #7 Tennessee.

If Florida jumps Georgia in the BCS and Tennessee is ranked higher than Georgia, Tennessee gets it. If Tennessee loses their last SEC game, Florida gets it.

The best thing for LSU would be for Georgia to win out but not go to the SEC title game because Florida is the #2 SEC East team in the BCS poll. That way, LSU would be able to avenge its only loss to Florida earlier this year AND keep the quality-win bonus it gets from beating Georgia.

It's a three-way tie between Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida. It isn't sealed up on the East side yet, especially since Georgia beat Tennessee, who beat Florida, who beat Georgia.

And LSU/Ole Miss is over. (sigh)

Time to watch the reason I've seen orange/white and black/garnet flags everywhere today. Clemson/South Carolina, on ESPN2, and with good reason.

No one's sure yet as it's a bit of a clusterfuck. Three-way tie between Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia as of now.

The way that the new tiebreaker works, the co-champion rated highest in the BCS poll gets the spot UNLESS the #2 co-champion in the BCS poll beat the #1 team co-champ and is within 5 spots in the BCS.

The way it looks now, it'll be Georgia because they're #6 in the poll and beat #7 Tennessee.

If Florida jumps Georgia in the BCS and Tennessee is ranked higher than Georgia, Tennessee gets it. If Tennessee loses their last SEC game, Florida gets it.

:wacko:

:wacko:

And if all three teams are tied in the BCS, a three-way sack race is held on alternate weekends until a winner is determined.

SEC East champion possibilities-

All teams win out- Georgia probably gets it UNLESS Florida beating Florida State puts them above Tennessee in the BCS.

Georgia loses to Georgia Tech- Tennessee gets it because a loss will probably put Georgia below Florida, who lost to Tennesee.

Tennessee loses to Kentucky (Yeah... right)- It becomes a two-way tie and Florida gets the shot by virtue of beating Georgia.