TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Don't like that kind of music...but like an artist

I'm not a fan of R&B or hip hop. But I'm starting to like Outkast the more I hear them. And I like "The Seed 2.0" by The Roots and Cody Chestnut.

What kinds of music do you not like...but like a random artist or song?

I don't like hip hop but N*E*R*D is one of my favorite new groups out there. Pharrell Williams is a God. I also enjoy a lot of the work by the Roots that I've heard and I really like Outkast's singles.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I don't know the slightest thing about jazz, but the fairly popular Dave Brubek tune "Take Five" is really pleasant to listen to.

I'm not a fan of R&B or hip hop. But I'm starting to like Outkast the more I hear them. And I like "The Seed 2.0" by The Roots and Cody Chestnut.

Dude, if you like "The Seed 2.0", you're liking The Roots not at their best. Sure, it's a great song, but there's MUCH better stuff on that album. If you really want to hear some Roots, get Illadelph Halflife. You won't regret it.

And AoA, do yourself a favor and listen to more jazz. Brubeck is good beginner's jazz, then you can make your way up to Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Duke Ellington, etc.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I've given some selected musicians a shot before, and for whatever reason, it's not stuff I can get into outside of an appreciative kinda level. I like listening to guys like Jaco Pastorious, but only because he's an insanely good virtuoso. Same with guys like Charlie Parker.

I am not a fan of rock music but like Hendrix, Nirvana, Bon Jovi, Linkin Park, and Staind.

I hate New Kids on the block by like Step by Step.

Southern rap, I don't really like. But Lil John and the Eastside Boys are growing on me. As well as Youngbloodz, and Ying Yang Twins. Outkast has always ruled.

Guest El Satanico

The only genre I don't like is pop country, but no I don't like any pop country artist

What kinds of music do you not like...but like a random artist or song?

Same here... I nearly hate rap but I think Outkast and The Roots (ever since I saw them open for DMB) are the shit. I'll listen to Busta Rhymes and J5 as well...and the occasional Nate Dog.

Obviously, gospel will never be mainstream, but Robert Randolph on the pedal steel is pure badassitude. I can't wait to get my hands on Live at Wetlands.

Guest El Satanico
I also don't like most country but I like Johnny Cash and Hank Williams Jr.

Oh I love Cash, Hank Jr. and all that old school outlaw style country, but I can't stand pop country.

By pop country I mean stuff like Garth, Shania, Dixie Chicks and so on and so on.

Guest Plushy Al Logan

I can't stand Pink, but for some reason I like Just Like a Pill. In a similar case I also like Jamie's Got A Gun.